U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2017, 02:59 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,550,474 times

Advertisements

Nope, I'm not climbing on that bandwagon! Where would the Packers be this season if Aaron was playing? No one knows because it happened, done deal. I can't get excited about Vikings supposed good fortune. Nope, Eagles or Saints!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2017, 05:46 PM

929 posts, read 296,904 times
Strange end of game loss by the Saints, but they get a break with Atlanta beating Carolina and remain division champs. Would have leapt over LA for the #3 seed also. So the seeds stay the same after the final week. Atlanta at LA and Carolina at New Orleans next weekend. AFC isn't so intriguing with the teams and potential match-ups pending the Baltimore-Cinci outcome. One of the two NFC games will be in the Saturday night time slot, probably Saints-Panthers.

Old 12-31-2017, 05:51 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,360,017 times
I'm still hoping to see the Vikes in the SuperBowl.

Old 12-31-2017, 05:55 PM

1,756 posts, read 3,909,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
Strange end of game loss by the Saints, but they get a break with Atlanta beating Carolina and remain division champs. Would have leapt over LA for the #3 seed also. So the seeds stay the same after the final week. Atlanta at LA and Carolina at New Orleans next weekend. AFC isn't so intriguing with the teams and potential match-ups pending the Baltimore-Cinci outcome. One of the two NFC games will be in the Saturday night time slot, probably Saints-Panthers.
Its like a rivalry series....smh

Old 12-31-2017, 05:57 PM

1,756 posts, read 3,909,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
I'm still hoping to see the Vikes in the SuperBowl.
Me too besides the eagles. Besides the Vikings haven't got one

Old 12-31-2017, 06:05 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,360,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
Me too besides the eagles. Besides the Vikings haven't got one
Those are my thoughts as well. Plus my old man would be happy if the Vikes were to make it. But I'll root for whichever NFC team makes it.

Old 12-31-2017, 06:06 PM

So instead of Cam vs Brees, the Saturday night game did indeed go to Falcons at Rams. The Rams in prime time! I guess being new blood vs the defending NFC champs, and market size were each overriding factors.

Old 12-31-2017, 06:26 PM

3,324 posts, read 2,304,165 times
I have a feeling, it'll be like the NFC in 2006, only for minnesota. Like that Chicago team , Minnesota has a great D and good enough offense, no dominant NFc teams, so they will go to the SB, because SOMEONE has to represent the NFC, and they have HFA; maybe they will win, most likely lose to NE, then go back to mediocrity.

Old 12-31-2017, 07:47 PM

3,017 posts, read 1,871,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
We are. AR is being wasted and any honest Packers fan will agree!
I'm not even going to go to the 0-4. That was then.
In the "passing era" 1978-present, Gb has 3 appearances, 2 wins. Not exactly dynastic, but not sure why viking fans rip on GB for this, they have ZERO.
We can all play the "coulda shoulda" game too. GB "coulda shoulda " had a few more too.

I remember after the 96 season, so many minny fans tried to cheapen GB's SB win, saying they "dodged" Dallas and Denver. I wonder if those same fans sent their thank-you cards to the LA Rams for knocking Wentz out, paving the way for the NFC title. I also wonder if a minny Sb appearance alone will stop the Packer obsession. Nah They hate them cause they ain;t them. Either way, enjoy your gift-wrapped SB and try not to ********** one up!!
I don't play for the Vikings (I am only a fan) so I am unable to **** this one up. It's interesting to see you already attempting to marginalize their potential SB championship when the playoffs haven't even started yet (in the exact same way you complain Vikings fans marginalized the 96 Packers nonetheless).

Also, we don't give the Packers much thought. They are nothing more than a basement dwelling franchise that have hid behind 25+ years of hall of fame quarterbacking. Once Rodgers is gone they will return to the same perennial losers they were for 25 years before Favre showed up.

Old 01-01-2018, 07:32 AM

The Eagles play in the earlier Saturday game, late afternoon, in two weeks. The Vikings are the later game, late afternoon, on Sunday. Guess the NFL decided against the Sunday night idea they were contemplating after the Chiefs-Steelers game last year got moved to that time slot because of the weather issues. Thankful the NFL decided decided to use its brains for a change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or