U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-06-2018, 03:48 PM
 
Location: Sunshine Coast, QLD
3,330 posts, read 2,306,672 times
Reputation: 4732

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
As a Vikings fan, the only two NFC teams that scare me are the Rams and Saints.

Here's to rooting for the Falcons and Panthers this weekend.

Kind of a weird sentiment as these are the two previous NFC champs... maybe I should rethink this.


why them-especially Rams as Minny destroyed both earlier in the season
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-06-2018, 04:11 PM
 
Location: Twin Cities (StP)
3,017 posts, read 1,872,899 times
Reputation: 2342
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
why them-especially Rams as Minny destroyed both earlier in the season
They just seem like one of those young teams that might freak out in the playoffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2018, 05:52 PM
 
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
10,522 posts, read 8,770,706 times
Reputation: 12215
You never know....injuries going into a game, mistakes during a game, lucky breaks, although the Vegas odds look about right: Pats #1, Vikes #2, Steelers #3, Saints #4, Rams #5, Eagles #6, 4 out of 6 in the NFC North.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2018, 08:28 PM
 
21,547 posts, read 11,619,499 times
Reputation: 12309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
They just seem like one of those young teams that might freak out in the playoffs.
Vikes fan here....Cam Newton and the Panthers D scares me the most.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2018, 09:26 PM
 
Location: Virginia Beach
4,213 posts, read 2,835,064 times
Reputation: 4502
McVay can take pride in his Coach of the Year award that's coming to him, and the Rams can take pride in their most successful season in 13 years. But the reality is what I called all season with this squad--they are a year away; don't believe the hype...

The experience will make them better but they were clearly in over their heads tonight. Experience matters. This team was jittery from the outset, and down the stretch there was horrible clock management. Cooper bobbled and fumbled The ball all night, the d-line failed to generate pressure late, just too many failures on the evening. The Rams wideouts dropped too many passes and the offense that shredded teams in the regular season looked completely outclassed and even unprepared for The Second Season, The Tournament. It's a completely different season...

Conversely, Atlanta may run the table. I mentioned weeks back they may be the most deadly team to play, and they played tonight like they are on an absolute mission to make up for last year. They are gonna beat Philly next week and for anybody they have after that, good luck. The Falcons look damn scary right now....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2018, 09:36 PM
 
Location: Virginia Beach
4,213 posts, read 2,835,064 times
Reputation: 4502
Both road teams won on opening day of Wild Card weekend for the first time since KC and Pittsburgh did it two years ago...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2018, 09:37 PM
 
Location: West Los Angeles
1,057 posts, read 1,534,668 times
Reputation: 820
The Rams season comes to an end (bummer for me), but got beat by a seasoned veteran team. The Rams made some big mistakes with those 2 turnovers, and I think the defense just got tired out there. Good luck to the Falcons moving forward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2018, 09:53 PM
 
Location: Twin Cities (StP)
3,017 posts, read 1,872,899 times
Reputation: 2342
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
McVay can take pride in his Coach of the Year award that's coming to him, and the Rams can take pride in their most successful season in 13 years. But the reality is what I called all season with this squad--they are a year away; don't believe the hype...

The experience will make them better but they were clearly in over their heads tonight. Experience matters. This team was jittery from the outset, and down the stretch there was horrible clock management. Cooper bobbled and fumbled The ball all night, the d-line failed to generate pressure late, just too many failures on the evening. The Rams wideouts dropped too many passes and the offense that shredded teams in the regular season looked completely outclassed and even unprepared for The Second Season, The Tournament. It's a completely different season...

Conversely, Atlanta may run the table. I mentioned weeks back they may be the most deadly team to play, and they played tonight like they are on an absolute mission to make up for last year. They are gonna beat Philly next week and for anybody they have after that, good luck. The Falcons look damn scary right now....
The Falcons definitely could run the table, but other than Case Keenum (and the Eagles), the whole NFC field has playoff experience. Call me optimistic, but I don't see the Vikings D folding. They are rock solid at all three levels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2018, 09:59 PM
 
Location: Redneckville, NJ
6,778 posts, read 10,180,182 times
Reputation: 3320
1-0 for NFC picks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2018, 10:01 PM
 
Location: Twin Cities (StP)
3,017 posts, read 1,872,899 times
Reputation: 2342
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Vikes fan here....Cam Newton and the Panthers D scares me the most.
Yeah they are definitely capable of winning. I just feel like that game in Carolina was flukey in the sense that Jonathan Stewart had a 1 in 1000 type game (especially against the Vikes run D), and the Vikes had some really unfortunate turnovers (the strip fumble, which was a great play by Peppers, and that INT that bounced off of Diggs' helmet).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top