U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2018, 06:59 PM

3,017 posts, read 1,872,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Went outside to put the garbage by the curb, and the Vikings won! Saw the replay can't believe it, what were those Saints defenders doing? What a win for the Vikings, I thought the Saints had it locked up!
That was insane. The DB ducked out of the way because he was too early and would have gotten a PI called on him. I don't think he expected that to happen though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2018, 07:03 PM

929 posts, read 297,063 times
And I thought allowing Alex Smith to engineer TWO late TD drives in the loss to the 49ers was as bad of a playoff loss as a franchise could have. Not to mention losing to a Seattle team that made the playoffs with a losing record. The Saints have been really snake bitten again as a franchise ever since that Super Bowl season.

But I remember a lot of rough Vikings losses thru the years, and have seen clips over and over of the miracle Roger Staubach to Drew Pearson bomb in the waning seconds at Minneosta in 1975. Plus 0-4 in Super Bowls, despite many great teams. The Vikings sort of have become the pre-2004 Red Sox of the NFL, I'd argue more than the Browns. The Vikings deserved I think to have one of these type of games go its direction.

Old 01-14-2018, 07:08 PM

929 posts, read 297,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
Great analogy. This ranks right there with the Immaculate Reception with Bradshaw-Franco Harris. There is also the Staubach to Drew Pearson at Minnesota in the waning seconds. The Music City Miracle: Bills-Titans. Any other as improbable single plays in NFL history that turned certain defeat into victory? Those four most come to mind.
Gotta add a fifth that wasn't too long ago, albeit it only tied the game. Don't know how I missed it: the Flacco bomb to send the Baltimore-Denver game to OT, which the Ravens eventually won.

Old 01-14-2018, 07:13 PM

5,628 posts, read 4,225,826 times
The Football Gods owe the Minnesota Vikings... perhaps this is the beginning of squaring that deal up!

Old 01-14-2018, 07:53 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,859,729 times
I left the house after the Saints to the lead with the FG with about 30 seconds left. Can't believe the Vikings won. Why weren't the Saints playing more of a deep prevent defense? Should have been multiple guys deep for the Saints.

Old 01-14-2018, 08:12 PM

2,275 posts, read 3,172,450 times
Honestly, who would've thought the Vikings would be able to make a catch from their 39 yard line, on third down, with the clock winding down to the last seconds? Hindsight is always 20-20.

I imagine Saints thought they "had it in the bag", since they were so calm after the field goal with thirty seconds left. It was such a tough loss that they didn't even want to be on the field for the final drive. They were brought back onto the field and left soon thereafter.

Old 01-14-2018, 08:35 PM

28,503 posts, read 15,458,018 times
I just got home from traveling all day... what happened?

Too bad I missed all of that today. Great games.

I didn't miss the Eagles yesterday... one to go...

Old 01-14-2018, 09:08 PM

6,778 posts, read 10,180,182 times
2-0 in the NFC picks this week. 6-2 overall in the playoffs.

Old 01-14-2018, 09:32 PM

51,974 posts, read 41,825,420 times
I was watching with a good friend that is a lifelong Vikes fan. I was rooting for the Vikes as I have a number of fan-friends but I'm not as personally invested.

The growing concern as the Vikes made mistakes to open the door....followed by utter despair....I mean let's face it, the VIKES could jump into a swimming pool and land in a cactus based on their franchise history.

When I saw the play I thought "wow, they can win this with a fg for a second".

Craziest end to a game I've seen in ages.

I think with that *gift* the Vikes are going to catch fire and win the whole thing.

Old 01-14-2018, 09:40 PM

1,014 posts, read 578,509 times
The NFC had great playoff games so far. Would be awesome to see the vikes play the SB at their homefield.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or