U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 07:17 AM

929 posts, read 298,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
But atleast keenum has mobility and can buy time when there is pressure. That was something Kurt could not do which is why he has a losing SB record.
That's a reach, to say the least. And if Adam Vinatieri doesn't make a long field goal, and Santonio Holmes doesn't make a spectacular catch, Warner may well be 3-0. Then is his mobility somehow an issue? I am a critic of Warner on some fronts and I don't think he should be in the HOF, but why is Case Keenum somehow being used in an analogy with Kurt Warner?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2017, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
Kurt Warner had the same problem.... That ended up working out.
Again, two completely different situations: Keenum and Warner. And I don't think by the time St Louis was 14-2 and Warner was on his way to MVP honors, people saw an issue. Wow, some times the turn these threads take, can be amusing.

Old 12-09-2017, 07:51 AM

3,823 posts, read 1,396,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
That's a reach, to say the least. And if Adam Vinatieri doesn't make a long field goal, and Santonio Holmes doesn't make a spectacular catch, Warner may well be 3-0. Then is his mobility somehow an issue? I am a critic of Warner on some fronts and I don't think he should be in the HOF, but why is Case Keenum somehow being used in an analogy with Kurt Warner?
Because it was said that people outside minnesota dont believe in keenum which was the same for warner back in 1999.

Old 12-09-2017, 07:56 AM

11,727 posts, read 11,567,118 times
Wow, some times the turn these threads take, can be amusing.

No kidding! I was talking about Drew Brees, measuring QB by rings, etc., on the one thread, someone wrote a long piece saying Aaron can't win games coming from behind. I didn't even mention Aaron and stats can be cherry picked to prove anything you want.

Kurt's mobility has nothing to do with a SB record, team game, team game, team game, repeat after me!

Old 12-09-2017, 08:10 AM

3,823 posts, read 1,396,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post

No kidding! I was talking about Drew Brees, measuring QB by rings, etc., on the one thread, someone wrote a long piece saying Aaron can't win games coming from behind. I didn't even mention Aaron and stats can be cherry picked to prove anything you want.

Kurt's mobility has nothing to do with a SB record, team game, team game, team game, repeat after me!
When a QB is mobile they are able to extend drives and the offense scores more points. Thats why QB's like aaron rodgers and russell wilson are hard to defend because they can run and throw the long pass. QB's like Goff and Brees are easier to defend because if all the receivers are covered the defense dont have to worry about those guys running.

Old 12-09-2017, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Because it was said that people outside minnesota dont believe in keenum which was the same for warner back in 1999.
Nobody knew who Warner was when he started the 1999 season. By season's end he had thrown for 41 TDs vs 13 INTs and amassed better than 4,300 yards. Suffice to say, Warner by this time of the season in 1999, had made a bigger believer of people than Case Keenum has. Keenum has done a nice job and I'm not suggesting Minnesota can't win the S.B with him, but he is no Kurt Warner now, nor will he be.

Old 12-09-2017, 09:44 AM

Quote:
When a QB is mobile they are able to extend drives and the offense scores more points. Thats why QB's like aaron rodgers and russell wilson are hard to defend because they can run and throw the long pass. QB's like Goff and Brees are easier to defend because if all the receivers are covered the defense dont have to worry about those guys running.
You take the good with the bad with every QB. Hard to knock a guy like Brees simply because he isn't mobile.

Old 12-09-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post

"Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital"

Old 12-09-2017, 10:23 AM

4,215 posts, read 2,849,269 times
It hurts my soul to watch Brees losing it some. I noted it last year, and though he has a better team this season than he's had in years, it's clear his best years are behind him. He's been one of my favorite players since pretty much forever, a true pro and living legend...

I really want him to go out with another championship. I'm no longer sure they can go to Minnesota and win, because if the Vikings take away the run and it's all on Brees' arm to win it, I don't know if he can do that anymore. The 2013 Brees still could have. Don't know about the '17 Brees...

The Saints have now lost to the Vikings, Falcons, and Rams. It's hard to see them as viable threats versus the Top teams now...

I'm going to feel the same way if the Eagles find a way to lose tomorrow...

Old 12-09-2017, 10:34 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,865,402 times
Quote:
You need to give this argument up. How mobile is Brady? How many rings does he have?

Those immobile QBs you reference, Brees and Warner have combined for the same amount of rings and more SB appearances than Rodgers and Wilson combined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or