U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2018, 11:38 AM

6,783 posts, read 10,198,517 times

Advertisements

I'm going with the Eagles. It's hard to discount how badly the fan will be rockin' the Linc. 17-14 Eagles.

E-A-G-L-E-S............EAGLES!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 01:13 PM

3,017 posts, read 1,880,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
BTW, a little late now to bring this up I realize, but not one mention regarding the miracle ending, how the Saints got stuffed on 3rd-and-1 subsequent to the what should have been the game winning field goal. That play was just as big as the Diggs TD.
Can't forget the 4th and 10 that the Saints converted on statistically the best 3rd down team in the past 25 years. Vikings could have sealed the game at that point, but Willie ****ing Snead had to make his 9th catch of the year...

Old 01-19-2018, 09:09 PM

9,429 posts, read 17,450,373 times
I'm 4-4 in the playoffs so far, so will likely be 1-1 this weekend.

For my little brother in Minneapolis, I'll pick the Vikings over Eagles. (My mind tells me otherwise.)

Over in the AFC, I'd like to see an upset, but I've gotta go with the Patriots over the Jags.

Old 01-19-2018, 11:14 PM

3,347 posts, read 2,317,651 times
Vikings 27-10. Shame Wentz isn't playing. This is the year the football Gods are smiling on the Vikings. Good team plus the breaks are going minnys way for a change. First the NFC is not as strong as years past, no real clear-cut favorite. Then the Wentz injury, eliminating the Vikings only real obstacle, then the Williams brain cramp, allowing Diggs to score, Keenum being an improvement over Bradford. I predicted in October that Minnesota would play the patriots in the Super Bowl.
Would NOT shock me if Jacksonville upset New England. This is one of those magical seasons for the Vikings, where everything falls into place for a change. Most teams NOT named the Browns have one- this is theirs. Make the most of it

Old 01-20-2018, 11:20 AM

4,905 posts, read 3,989,682 times
Interesting Matchups

Of course the Evil Patriots are favored, and if we see an EAGLES PATRIOTS matchup that would be a super bowl rematch
The Vikings have not been back in a long time, and no one has ever Hosted a Super Bowl SO a VIKINGS PATRIOTS would be a possibility too and they have never met in the Super Bowl.

The JAGUARS are not a slouch team. They have never been to the Super Bowl, so if they go, at least someone different gets in for a change, which I doubt Goodell will allow (as he rigs it anyway) Either team against the Jaguars would be a unique Super Bowl.
However, keep this in mind
Cats have never won Super Bowls. In fact, the Lions and Jaguars have never been in it, while the Panthers and the Bengals have lost two each.

SO who is most successful in the Super Bowls ?
Well, here it is
Blue Collar workers: 15 times have Blue Collar workers such as Steelers Packers a or Cowboys won but also 15 times has an American historical figure won such as a Native American, a land rush grabber a Patriot or a religious leader

HORSES have won 5 times, and Birds 4 . \Assorted Mammals have won 4 too, and Marauders, such as Pirates and People suffering from Agromegaly have taken over 7 times..Cats don't do well in the Super Bowl.
Apparently your best chance to win is to be some kind of American figure or a blue collar worker. *

Which would give the Patriots the best chance of winning in the AFC and the Vikings the best chance in the NFC
While Birds have won 4 times they have also lost 5 times And Cats? well I would love to see it happen but don't think it will this year.

*Of course there is the whole argument of where to Put the Cowboys. DO they go in with the Redskins Chiefs Patriots as historical figures? or would they be in with Packers Steelers 49ers as blue collar workers?

Old 01-20-2018, 12:59 PM

2,275 posts, read 3,183,898 times
^Goodell rigs the NFL so he can suspend Tom Brady for 4 games in a season just to see his Team win the Superbowl in dramatic fashion? Because Goodell wants to publicly embarrass himself and everyone expected a comeback?

So why didn't officials tack on a few more costly penalties, and overturn key plays, to keep the Steelers and Saints in it? Because a Steelers/Patriots match wasn't coveted by media, much less Drew Brees competing for another ring?"

Did anyone not realize that 3 out of the 4 remaining teams are new to the playoffs this year, and without established quarterbacks? Not exactly "business as usual."

Yeah, sure, NFL is so rigged.

Old 01-20-2018, 04:47 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,144,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
*Of course there is the whole argument of where to put the Cowboys. DO they go in with the Redskins Chiefs Patriots as historical figures? or would they be in with Packers Steelers 49ers as blue collar workers?
Actually they're in both, Cat Man.

Old 01-20-2018, 04:54 PM
Status: "What if there were no hypothetical questions?" (set 13 hours ago)

3,199 posts, read 4,659,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Interesting Matchups

Of course the Evil Patriots are favored, and if we see an EAGLES PATRIOTS matchup that would be a super bowl rematch
The Vikings have not been back in a long time, and no one has ever Hosted a Super Bowl SO a VIKINGS PATRIOTS would be a possibility too and they have never met in the Super Bowl.

The JAGUARS are not a slouch team. They have never been to the Super Bowl, so if they go, at least someone different gets in for a change, which I doubt Goodell will allow (as he rigs it anyway) Either team against the Jaguars would be a unique Super Bowl.
However, keep this in mind
Cats have never won Super Bowls. In fact, the Lions and Jaguars have never been in it, while the Panthers and the Bengals have lost two each.

SO who is most successful in the Super Bowls ?
Well, here it is
Blue Collar workers: 15 times have Blue Collar workers such as Steelers Packers a or Cowboys won but also 15 times has an American historical figure won such as a Native American, a land rush grabber a Patriot or a religious leader

HORSES have won 5 times, and Birds 4 . \Assorted Mammals have won 4 too, and Marauders, such as Pirates and People suffering from Agromegaly have taken over 7 times..Cats don't do well in the Super Bowl.
Apparently your best chance to win is to be some kind of American figure or a blue collar worker. *

Which would give the Patriots the best chance of winning in the AFC and the Vikings the best chance in the NFC
While Birds have won 4 times they have also lost 5 times And Cats? well I would love to see it happen but don't think it will this year.

*Of course there is the whole argument of where to Put the Cowboys. DO they go in with the Redskins Chiefs Patriots as historical figures? or would they be in with Packers Steelers 49ers as blue collar workers?

I just love scientific analysis.

Old 01-20-2018, 05:52 PM

3,327 posts, read 2,343,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Vikings 27-10. Shame Wentz isn't playing. This is the year the football Gods are smiling on the Vikings. Good team plus the breaks are going minnys way for a change. First the NFC is not as strong as years past, no real clear-cut favorite. Then the Wentz injury, eliminating the Vikings only real obstacle, then the Williams brain cramp, allowing Diggs to score, Keenum being an improvement over Bradford. I predicted in October that Minnesota would play the patriots in the Super Bowl.
Would NOT shock me if Jacksonville upset New England. This is one of those magical seasons for the Vikings, where everything falls into place for a change. Most teams NOT named the Browns have one- this is theirs. Make the most of it
Lets hope its not a jaguars vs Vikings snooze fest. The sponsors that pay millions for the commercials wont like that. They know most wont be watching.

Old 01-20-2018, 07:13 PM

4,905 posts, read 3,989,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
I just love scientific analysis.
Thanks ! Some people take life way too seriously sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or