U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 02:09 PM

4,854 posts, read 6,385,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Waffle View Post
He lost the respect of most players and to top it off he benched Eli for Geno. The darkest day in Giants franchise history.
He isn't alone responsible for it but he played a major role.
The darkest moment in Giants history was benching an aging & overrated QB during a lost season?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2017, 02:25 PM

252 posts, read 387,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
The darkest moment in Giants history was benching an aging & overrated QB during a lost season?
Yes. Please explain to me how Geno is a better option compared to Eli?

Eli a man of class and standard never blamed or pointed any fingers to anyone, vs Geno 1st time in 3yrd he started a game and what did he do on the podium ***** about Rex's comment.

Yes, indeed a dark day in the franchise history. It's not that they benched Eli it's who they selected to replace him and how they handled the whole situation.

Old 12-04-2017, 02:46 PM

21,427 posts, read 21,994,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
I thought it would have been Joe Pisarcik's, Miracle in the Meadowlands Fumble.

Old 12-04-2017, 03:14 PM

689 posts, read 340,046 times
The only thing surprise me is the Giants not waiting until end of season. McAdoo did get them to 11-5 last season and Giants D swept Dak and Zeke during their great rookie year.

Old 12-04-2017, 04:34 PM

3,965 posts, read 2,520,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Waffle View Post
Yes. Please explain to me how Geno is a better option compared to Eli?

Eli a man of class and standard never blamed or pointed any fingers to anyone, vs Geno 1st time in 3yrd he started a game and what did he do on the podium ***** about Rex's comment.

Yes, indeed a dark day in the franchise history. It's not that they benched Eli it's who they selected to replace him and how they handled the whole situation.
Not even from a Giants' point of view, I was wondering what in the world Geno was thinking. You were given the keys to the franchise for the week at least and that is what you want to do? I are supposed to be showing some maturity, along with improved QB play if you want another shot at being a starting QB in the league. A whole week to prepare, and I guess he still had not thought this through...

Old 12-04-2017, 04:52 PM

9,476 posts, read 7,154,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Not even from a Giants' point of view, I was wondering what in the world Geno was thinking. You were given the keys to the franchise for the week at least and that is what you want to do? I are supposed to be showing some maturity, along with improved QB play if you want another shot at being a starting QB in the league. A whole week to prepare, and I guess he still had not thought this through...
You're questioning the brains of a QB who stiffed one of his teammates and got knocked out twice because of it? Once physically KOed and the second figuratively (and literally) knocked out for the season.

Benching Eli was a bad move. You have to wonder if he wants to return to NY now, and they need him (or someone) for the next year or two to see how Davis Webb develops. I'd MUCH rather have Webb learning from Eli than Geno!

Eli was never the greatest.. But he was far better than average. he doesn't lose games for you.

Old 12-04-2017, 04:56 PM

3,965 posts, read 2,520,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
You're questioning the brains of a QB who stiffed one of his teammates and got knocked out twice because of it? Once physically KOed and the second figuratively (and literally) knocked out for the season.

Benching Eli was a bad move. You have to wonder if he wants to return to NY now, and they need him (or someone) for the next year or two to see how Davis Webb develops. I'd MUCH rather have Webb learning from Eli than Geno!

Eli was never the greatest.. But he was far better than average. he doesn't lose games for you.
Totally agree with that. Like I said, you would think that Geno would have learned something. It is obvious he hasnt. That is stupid by him. He caught the break of a lifetime, and showed he still isnt ready.

Yes, Webb should have been given the start because that is much more important for the franchise going forward. No one should be under the illusion that Geno is anyone's future QB

Old 12-04-2017, 05:22 PM

11,734 posts, read 11,578,635 times
Young QBs need to learn, having some humility and maturity can go a very long way, apparently Geno isn't getting it yet.

Eli may not be Mr. Personality plus, flashy, quick wit, whatever, but he's always a class act, steady, and you always know what you're going to get with him.

Old 12-04-2017, 06:08 PM

23,668 posts, read 33,529,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

I think the benching was pretty clear to Eli, they don't want you back and he likely feels likewise now.

Old 12-05-2017, 07:12 AM

252 posts, read 387,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I think the benching was pretty clear to Eli, they don't want you back and he likely feels likewise now.
Eli wants to retire a Giants so he is definitely going to be back. Think about it. Its obvious Giants are drafting QB, they want this new QB to groom under Eli and learn from him for next 2 season.

After 2 seasons Eli's contract is over, now the new GM fix the O-line and we have healthy wideouts with a decent running game NYC may extend his contract or if the coach feels the new QB is ready to replace him They will send him off with a lot of respect. Eli can decide to go and sign with any other team he would like or retire in peace.

But he isn't going anywhere for next season for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or