U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2018, 01:09 PM

6,784 posts, read 10,214,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I take it none you are Chiefs fans. If you were, you would know that the Chiefs are extremely unpredictable in the playoffs and typically are one and done even when they run the table during the regular season. The Titans could easily be the team heading to New England next weekend.
Andy Reid's post season play calling and clock management tend to have flaws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2018, 05:56 PM

3,723 posts, read 3,904,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
Before the infamous overturn of the Jesse James TD at Pittsburgh, it looked like it was very possible the Patriots could be a 3 seed and playing this weekend. I couldn't imagine the sheer hell given the weather thru the weekend. A "heat wave" seems to be in the long range outlook, so next Saturday in Foxboro looks to be all right. In terms of this earth shattering report, we'll see how earth shattering it really is. I don't put much stock into anything ESPN reports.
Jacksonville went out to San Francisco and lost in week 16. Even if New England had lost to Pittsburgh they would still be the #2 seed at 12-4. They would have blown their chance to get the #2 seed by losing to the 49ers.

It's pretty cool that we have two teams playing their first playoff games in at least a decade and just so happen to be playing each other.

I like both home teams to get wins in the AFC. So Kansas City and Jacksonville which will setup re-matches of the regular season in both divisional round games. Jacksonville went into Pittsburgh earlier this year and won as did Kansas City going into New England on opening night and getting a win.

Old 01-05-2018, 07:28 PM

578 posts, read 767,776 times
Tennessee Titans @ Kansas City Chiefs
Buffalo Bills @ Jacksonville Jaguars

Old 01-05-2018, 07:47 PM

10,728 posts, read 11,167,796 times
I love that the Bills and Jags, both teams with long playoff droughts, drew each other in the first round, assuring one of them will move on. I like the Jaguars over the Bills in this one.

As for the Titans at Chiefs, With the exception of some cynical Chiefs fans there is nobody giving the Titans a shot in this one. The Chiefs are playing good ball right now but the Titans match up well against them and have had succes playing in Kansas City. Smith struggles against Dick Lebeau defenses, though the Chiefs should be able to exploit the Titans secondary. If the Chiefs can get up on the Titans early itíll be hard for them to close the gap. If the Titans can keep it close I like their chances. I consider the Chiefs the most likely home team to get upset, but I think theyíll pull off the win in this one.

So there it is: Iím taking all 4 home teams this week.

Old 01-05-2018, 08:52 PM

20,026 posts, read 19,127,432 times
Picks
  • Tennessee Titans at Kansas City Chiefs
  • Buffalo Bills at Jacksonville Jaguars

Old 01-06-2018, 12:13 AM

5,721 posts, read 5,491,548 times
I am taking Titans and Bills!

I stopped making regular season predictions a few weeks ago. But I have a feeling about these two games. The Chiefs are too haunted by playoff demons. The Bills/Jags Game should be good, but I believe the Bills want it more.

Old 01-06-2018, 07:31 AM

10,728 posts, read 11,167,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
I am taking Titans and Bills!

I stopped making regular season predictions a few weeks ago. But I have a feeling about these two games. The Chiefs are too haunted by playoff demons. The Bills/Jags Game should be good, but I believe the Bills want it more.
Bold! I really think that Jags defense is going to give the Bills problems, especially if McCoy isn’t able to perform at 100%. Tyron Taylor is going to need a career game. I’d love to see the Bills pull this win. I’ve pined for a Vikings-Bills Super Bowl for years and for the first time in a long time both teams were in the playoffs while mine wasn’t, so everyone knows who I’m rooting for.

Note: the last time the Bills and Vikings both made the playoffs while the Broncos didn’t was 1999. The Bills were 11-5 and the Vikings 10-6 while the Broncos finished 6-10. 1999 was my first year in the Marines and I wasn’t exactly paying attention to the NFL playoffs that year. Nor do I think the 19 year old version of me would have appreciated how epic it would be to see two teams that are 0-4 in the Super Bowl square off on that stage. This year I hope it happens!

Last edited by iknowftbll; 01-06-2018 at 07:40 AM..

Old 01-06-2018, 09:16 AM

434 posts, read 254,433 times
Taking the Chiefs and Jags this weekend.

Old 01-06-2018, 11:18 AM

9,448 posts, read 17,489,820 times
Chiefs and Jags -- picking all home teams this weekend.

Old 01-06-2018, 11:29 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,065,802 times
Tennessee Titans @ Kansas City Chiefs
Buffalo Bills @ Jacksonville Jaguars
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or