Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2018, 02:18 AM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lluvia View Post
I didn't see the game only the highlight vids and I too was wondering if MM had crossed the LOS.
No he hadn't crossed the line. The much more problematic call was Derick Johnson's absolutely demolishing of MM on a blitz causing a fumble that was recovered by Justin Houston. The refs ruled forward progress was stopped and gave the ball back to the Titans. An absolute horrible call considering Mariota was dropping back to pass and hadn't moved forward at all and the whistle didn't blow until well after Houston had recovered the fumble. The result of that BS call was the Titans getting their first field goal. In the end however it was the Chiefs piddling down their collective legs the entire second half that cost them the game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2018, 04:29 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
No he hadn't crossed the line. The much more problematic call was Derick Johnson's absolutely demolishing of MM on a blitz causing a fumble that was recovered by Justin Houston. The refs ruled forward progress was stopped and gave the ball back to the Titans. An absolute horrible call considering Mariota was dropping back to pass and hadn't moved forward at all and the whistle didn't blow until well after Houston had recovered the fumble. The result of that BS call was the Titans getting their first field goal. In the end however it was the Chiefs piddling down their collective legs the entire second half that cost them the game.
yes... that was very odd.. i was scratching my head over that one.. obvious fumble.. wth? there were a few odd calls in this game as there always is but i can see this instant replay crap starting to cause more harm than good... fix the obvious mistakes with replay, leave the other, not so obvious alone..... very aggravating..

Old 01-07-2018, 05:45 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times
It was a bad performance by the officials yesterday. Triplette announcing Mariotta was an eligible receiver on his TD because he was in the shotgun was great. I believe he was an eligible receiver because a defender touched the ball which would have meant every Titan player would then become an eligible receiver. Mariotta also fumbled on the Johnson hit just as Kelce fumbled on the hit that took him out of the game. The NFL needs to figure out a way to make instant replay work and not completely disrupt the game. You had Michaels making comments in the Atlanta - Los Angeles game and both McDoniugh and Gruden making comments in the Tennessee - Kansas City game. They don't need to get every single call right down to the yard.

Old 01-07-2018, 07:24 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star691 View Post
Actually it was a helmet to helmet, should have been a 15 yard penalty. NFL refs are terrible.
Didn’t make a shred of difference. The Chiefs scored on that drive anyway to take a 21-3 lead into halftime.

I do think fans are becoming too accustomed to seeing a penalty for any hit that looks hard or knocks a player out of the game. I am not going to get in an argument over it being clean or worth a penalty because the call/non-call literally had no affect on the game’s outcome. I also don’t think the Titans player was head hunting. Not all hard hits are “dirty” hits.

The forward progress call on the Mariota hit is a far more legitimate gripe. They did whistle that one dead immediately and maybe should let the dust settle on a play before they signaling the play over. Still those 3 points the Titans scored could have been overcome in the 3rd with a FG the Chiefs missed, so the bigger gripe should be with a team that coughed up a 21-3 halftime lead and missed a FG that could have resulted in a completely different game dynamic from that point through the remainder of the game. Had they hit it the score would have been 24-10. Missing it only kept the Titans believeing they were still in it. That forward progress call did look a little bad but no worse than any of the head scratching calls we’ve seen out of crews all season. The Chiefs didn’t get jobbed: they got out played by an opponent they had every chance to beat.

Old 01-07-2018, 08:23 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
0-1 for AFC picks.
Me too

Old 01-07-2018, 09:11 AM

5,825 posts, read 5,632,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Didn’t make a shred of difference. The Chiefs scored on that drive anyway to take a 21-3 lead into halftime.

I do think fans are becoming too accustomed to seeing a penalty for any hit that looks hard or knocks a player out of the game. I am not going to get in an argument over it being clean or worth a penalty because the call/non-call literally had no affect on the game’s outcome. I also don’t think the Titans player was head hunting. Not all hard hits are “dirty” hits.

The forward progress call on the Mariota hit is a far more legitimate gripe. They did whistle that one dead immediately and maybe should let the dust settle on a play before they signaling the play over. Still those 3 points the Titans scored could have been overcome in the 3rd with a FG the Chiefs missed, so the bigger gripe should be with a team that coughed up a 21-3 halftime lead and missed a FG that could have resulted in a completely different game dynamic from that point through the remainder of the game. Had they hit it the score would have been 24-10. Missing it only kept the Titans believeing they were still in it. That forward progress call did look a little bad but no worse than any of the head scratching calls we’ve seen out of crews all season. The Chiefs didn’t get jobbed: they got out played by an opponent they had every chance to beat.
All excellent points, but the bolded is the bottom line!

Old 01-07-2018, 09:41 AM

939 posts, read 505,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
The NFL needs to figure out a way to make instant replay work and not completely disrupt the game. You had Michaels making comments in the Atlanta - Los Angeles game and both McDoniugh and Gruden making comments in the Tennessee - Kansas City game. They don't need to get every single call right down to the yard.
I am over replay- in all sports.

Old 01-07-2018, 11:02 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,987,536 times
Looking forward to Buffalo v Jacksonville. Whomever advances today will be the team I want to win the AFC and probably winning the Super Bowl. I'm firmly on the anyone but New England or Pittsburgh bandwagon.

Old 01-07-2018, 11:09 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Read this!

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/01/...s-city-chiefs/

Old 01-07-2018, 12:09 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,987,536 times
Bortles and Taylor can be painful to watch. Neither are even consistently mediocre. QB play is killing both. Both should address the issue in the off-season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football