U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2018, 03:40 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,205,335 times

Advertisements

Buf Jags game: just seems to me that these early rounds are playing for the right to lose to the top seeds.....wasn't a very interesting game to watch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2018, 04:12 PM

1,812 posts, read 1,168,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Well of course hindsight being 20/20 and all, very comical. But before the game I would have asked this writer if he had watched the Chiefs defense at all this year? Anyone who had would have known that anything less than a 4 touchdown lead was not a safe lead. Couple that with the Chiefs history in the playoffs and one could easily add another 2 touchdowns to that margin of safety. Of course with Andy Reid's propensity of going all turtle with a 2 score lead you have the perfect formula for what happened. I would also disagree with his assertion that this will be a dark off season because of this loss. What would make this a dark off season would be if the Chiefs decided to keep Alex Smith. Fortunately I think their finances make that a near impossibility. There are bright rays of light shining through the dark clouds of that loss thanks to Pat Mahomes and the progress he has shown from the preseason through to his showing against the Broncos in the last game of the season. The biggest difference I see between the two is that Alex Smith, at least during his years with the Chiefs, never seemed to be the sort of QB that raises the level of the players around him. Alex needed to be surrounded by top level players in order for him to shine. Example: this year. He finally had what could be considered elite weapons at running back, wide receiver, and tight end and he put up the best year of his career, but failed miserably in the second half of the playoff game. On the other hand Pat Mahomes was able to make marginal receivers and back-ups into winners during his brief stints at QB. Fix the defense to where it is at least middling, replace Alex with Pat, and the Chiefs future looks very bright.

Old 01-07-2018, 04:19 PM

689 posts, read 338,104 times
Jags probably need defense to get a pick 6 or more turnovers next week to beat Steelers. Great D but that offense was just....no words.

Old 01-07-2018, 06:40 PM

21,318 posts, read 21,881,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
Since I can't pick a game to save my life, I am going to play guess the spread. Steelers -7 and Patriots -14 1/2.

Here are the lines, according to William Hill US:

Jaguars (+7) at Steelers
Titans (+13.5) at Patriots

Old 01-07-2018, 06:56 PM

929 posts, read 296,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Here are the lines, according to William Hill US:

Jaguars (+7) at Steelers
Titans (+13.5) at Patriots
Dam, if there were only wagers on wagering what the betting lines would be; I'd be much better than wagering on the games themselves.

Old 01-07-2018, 07:20 PM

929 posts, read 296,392 times
BTW, if you are considering betting on these games, know that three of these sites, Pittsburgh, Philly, and Foxboro, will have "a startling metamorphosis" as far as the weather if they had played this current weekend. Next weekend it is looking like highs in the 50's. Maybe that helps the likes of Jacksonville and Tennessee. But sometimes as they say in football, crappy weather can be the great equalizer when your a heavy underdog. It wouldn't hurt too to yield to melting icebergs barreling thru Foxboro on Saturday.

Old 01-07-2018, 08:28 PM

6,777 posts, read 10,174,755 times
1-1 in AFC picks, 3-1 overall.

Old 01-07-2018, 09:24 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,057,271 times
I went 1-1 in AFC picks. I'm 3-1 overall.

I'll take the Patriots over the Titans and the Steelers over the Jaguars in the next round.

Old 01-07-2018, 09:26 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,857,414 times
Is conclusive evidence not a thing anymore when it comes to replays and overturning the original call on the field? It must not be because I can't see how the refs overturned Clay's first down catch in the third quarter.

Old 01-08-2018, 05:25 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,221,968 times
I like the 2 home teams in the AFC Div round... big limb, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or