U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 10:09 AM

4,291 posts, read 1,856,246 times

Advertisements

Yep. McCown is having a season very similar to Fitz's first season with the Jets. But arguably with less offensive talent around him. The Robby Anderson kid does look to be a good find though. I can't help but think my Bills would have at least two more wins on the season if they had McCown's production from the QB position this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2017, 03:33 PM

4,209 posts, read 2,823,898 times
Okay, now I'm beginning to worry about Pittsburgh. But it was encouraging to see them win on Roethlisberger's arm...

Jacksonville and LA Chargers are starting to look like threats. Long shots sure, but definitely dangerous...

Old 12-11-2017, 09:25 PM

929 posts, read 296,266 times
Something has been wrong with the Steelers all season; I don't recall them putting together consecutive good outings all season. But despite all that, a win over the Patriots next week, and they will be the top seed.

Old 12-11-2017, 09:33 PM

3,761 posts, read 1,367,485 times
The Steelers better be ready for the Pats next week especially since they are coming off a loss on Monday Night.

Old 12-12-2017, 05:04 AM

21,318 posts, read 21,872,221 times
AFC Playoff contenders' records vs winning teams

7-1 Pittsburgh
4-2 New England
4-2 Jacksonville
3-3 Kansas City
3-1 Tennessee
2-5 Baltimore
2-4 San Diego
2-4 Buffalo
2-5 Oakland
4-4 Miami

Old 12-13-2017, 10:19 AM

4,209 posts, read 2,823,898 times
Huge, huge AFC games this week:

--Chargers@Chiefs is the AFC version of LAR/Seattle, the winner will win the division. I hate the Chiefs so here's to LA putting Coach Reid back on the hot seat...
--Dolphins@Bills: the Dolphins have a pulse and can prove these are the same old Bills by winning, and putting themselves in pole position for back-to-back playoffs. I'm a Bills homer though from my time in Western New York, go Bills!
--Patriots@Steelers: on paper the game of the year. I think both teams should be on alert for Jacksonville, but for this week, I'm riding with Pittsburgh. Beat up Brady and continue making him play his age...
--Cowboys@Raiders: I just need the Raiders to pit Dallas out of their misery, but I can't trust them. Whoever loses is effectively out of their conference playoffs...

Old 12-13-2017, 12:08 PM

929 posts, read 296,266 times
As unfathomable as it may seem, the Patriots now have to put themselves in a position to perhaps only be the 3 seed and not have a bye if they lose to Pittsburgh. Jacksonville moves into the picture as a possible bye team.
The Dolphins have had a very strange season and suddenly have a pulse again. Like last season's magical ride to the playoffs, Adam Gase is finding a way to cloak several deficiencies. The offense has been very good against Denver and New England after playing the part of one of the NFL's worst looking offenses in many years the first half of the season. The Jay Ajayi trade isn't looking so outrageous these days. Three remaining games against the Bills twice and Chiefs, teams that have struggled more than almost any team in the league since October- and particularly if the Bills don't have Tyrod Taylor in the lineup.

Old 12-17-2017, 05:22 PM

16,522 posts, read 20,964,213 times
I've seen some unreal finishes in my day with 2 playoff bound teams-The Patriots/Steelers finish tops anything I've seen-ever!

Old 12-17-2017, 05:27 PM

3,761 posts, read 1,367,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I've seen some unreal finishes in my day with 2 playoff bound teams-The Patriots/Steelers finish tops anything I've seen-ever!
I was surprised they didn't go for the FG in that situation with the clock running out. Big Ben tried to do a Dan Marino and ended up getting the pass intercepted in the endzone.

Old 12-17-2017, 05:28 PM

10,674 posts, read 11,078,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
I was surprised they didn't go for the FG in that situation with the clock running out. Big Ben tried to do a Dan Marino and ended up getting the pass intercepted in the endzone.
After the TD was taken off the board I thought they’d go for the FG too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or