U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2018, 06:37 PM

4,984 posts, read 11,050,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
I don't think any of us know enough to assume anything. I'm not counting on Hoyer starting. But 0% I was told by the Weather Channel a few years back for the chance of rain for the next two hours- and I proceeded to leave my moonroof open- and guess what happened next. Moral of the story is that I've seen more scientific examples substantiating zero percent odds that didn't turn out as such than the what might unfold this Sunday.
Cute story. Has nothing to do with Brady playing Sunday. Guy has never missed a game other than year he tore his ACL.....thatís never ever ever

He has played with MUCH worse injuries than a cut on his hand and that is a fact

Comparing a weather forecast to the most reliable fact in the NFL which is Brady being under center on game day especially a playoff game day? Come on now....

Have the Pats signed another QB? Because if there were ANY chance Brady wasnít going to be available no way they go into the game with one QB on the roster
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 07:01 PM

929 posts, read 296,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Cute story. Has nothing to do with Brady playing Sunday. Guy has never missed a game other than year he tore his ACL.....thatís never ever ever

He has played with MUCH worse injuries than a cut on his hand and that is a fact

Comparing a weather forecast to the most reliable fact in the NFL which is Brady being under center on game day especially a playoff game day? Come on now....

Have the Pats signed another QB? Because if there were ANY chance Brady wasnít going to be available no way they go into the game with one QB on the roster
Your floating around "0%" way too loosely. That's the problem. Hence my "cute" story. The Patriots were going to sign somebody if it was bad? Really? Who? Drew Bledsoe? "Cut" on his hand. You act like a paper cut is synonymous with a machete cut. Nobody knows the magnitude and a professional doctor not with the team can even ascertain the severity of it. But whatever, I'm not betting that Brady won't be under center Sunday.

Old 01-19-2018, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Your floating around "0%" way too loosely. That's the problem. Hence my "cute" story. The Patriots were going to sign somebody if it was bad? Really? Who? Drew Bledsoe? "Cut" on his hand. You act like a paper cut is synonymous with a machete cut. Nobody knows the magnitude and a professional doctor not with the team can even ascertain the severity of it. But whatever, I'm not betting that Brady won't be under center Sunday.
Iíd bet my house heíll play Sunday. It is a zero percent chance. Every team in the NFL has emergency lists of available players at every position. Pats have already made transactions this week. There is also a zero percent chance of a team going into a game with only 1 active QB. If there were even a chance Brady would not be playing they would have already brought another QB on board

Old 01-20-2018, 04:39 AM

Quote:
I’d bet my house he’ll play Sunday. It is a zero percent chance. Every team in the NFL has emergency lists of available players at every position. Pats have already made transactions this week. There is also a zero percent chance of a team going into a game with only 1 active QB. If there were even a chance Brady would not be playing they would have already brought another QB on board
I don't know who you think they would sign. Isn't Julian Edelman the back-up to the back-up in a one game emergency situation? I think your dismissing the POSSIBLE severity of the injury. If its four stitches to the hand (and we don't know the the accuracy of the reporting from, ahem- ESPN), that's no joking matter and means its a deep cut. I don't believe any "media reports" these days.

Now having said all that, my prediction is that by Sunday they'll rub some avocado on it, Brady will down a flaxseed smoothie just before kickoff, and Monday morning, his performance will be mentioned in th same sentence as the Curt Schilling bloody sock game.

Old 01-20-2018, 05:52 AM

6,777 posts, read 10,176,853 times
Quote:
I don't know who you think they would sign. Isn't Julian Edelman the back-up to the back-up in a one game emergency situation? I think your dismissing the POSSIBLE severity of the injury. If its four stitches to the hand (and we don't know the the accuracy of the reporting from, ahem- ESPN), that's no joking matter and means its a deep cut. I don't believe any "media reports" these days.

Now having said all that, my prediction is that by Sunday they'll rub some avocado on it, Brady will down a flaxseed smoothie just before kickoff, and Monday morning, his performance will be mentioned in th same sentence as the Curt Schilling bloody sock game.

Spot on!

Old 01-20-2018, 08:27 AM

12,756 posts, read 8,800,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Over/Under is 46 or so. I like the under in two possible outcomes:

Pats in a route 35-9ish.

Or either team taking in a close 20-16 game.
I will take either.

My number one concern is making sure Brady does not get touched. Even if its long enough to get a few short passes out to keep the momentum going. We cant be stalling out on 3rd and longs

Old 01-20-2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:

Julian Edelman? The guy who went on IR before the season started....way to keep up.

There are ALWAYS guys to sign and guaranteed there would have been a signing Wednesday or Thursday if there was even a REMOTE possibility that Brady wouldn't be able to play.

And 4 stitches isn't major surgery and doesn't mean a "deep cut"....4 stitches means a very SMALL cut

There is nothing to see here and the Patriots I think are having fun with this by keeping the media ESPECIALLY ESPN in the dark after that horse****e story they published before the divisional round

Old 01-20-2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Julian Edelman? The guy who went on IR before the season started....way to keep up.
Being too cute for ya again. Point was, they were just as liable to find anyone else- or perhaps Bledsoe, since he will be there. You haven't come up with one capable quarterback they would have signed in the matter of a couple of days. Not gonna happen, serious injury, or not. And the number of stitches has little correlation to a cut being deep or not. You remind me of Sgt Joe Friday on these forums. Loosening your collar wouldn't hurt once in a while.

Last edited by SonnyCrockett; 01-20-2018 at 04:42 PM..

Old 01-20-2018, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Being too cute for ya again. Point was, they were just as liable to find anyone else- or perhaps Bledsoe, since he will be there. You haven't come up with one capable quarterback they would have signed in the matter of a couple of days. Not gonna happen, serious injury, or not. And the number of stitches has little correlation to a cut being deep or not. You remind me of Sgt Joe Friday on these forums. Loosening your collar wouldn't hurt once in a while.
They signed a kick returner this week there are always QBs available on speed dial. Need a name? Colin Kapernick. No NFL team would go into a game with one healthy QB on the roster which you canít seem to understand. And 4 stitches equals a wound of about one inch in length you were the one making assumptions on depth

Old 01-20-2018, 09:51 PM

577 posts, read 761,708 times
AFC Championship

Jacksonville Jaguars @ New England Patriots
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or