U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2017, 09:02 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,513,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasy973 View Post
If the Ravens get into the playoffs I can see them playing the Pats in the AFC Championship. They played the Steelers well a week or so and lost on the last drive I believe. They have a good running game and will be able to move the ball. Flacco will need to play well in order for them to advance.

The Jags haven't been in the playoffs for a long while. I see this year as a building block especially if they are able to win at least one game this postseason. I see them as the 2nd best competition to the Pats (I like the Ravens 1st) as the Steelers don't play up to their full potential for some reason.

I would like to see the Bills in the postseason, but they would have win in Foxboro this upcoming weekend. If they play it like a playoff game, then they have a chance to advance to the playoffs. I expect the Titans to collapse for the final 2 games and miss the playoffs.
Flacco has played well lately. He was trash all season, then for some reason he looked at his calendar and saw "December" and started trying again. No idea what his problem is. He could be so good if he applied himself consistently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2017, 02:31 PM

3,158 posts, read 2,196,907 times
So far
1. New England
2. Pittsburgh
3. Jacksonville
4. Kansas City
5. Baltimore
6. Tennessee

Old 12-26-2017, 04:09 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,244,921 times

Old 12-31-2017, 07:36 AM

929 posts, read 297,530 times
So the Patriots aren't losing to the Jets. But the Steelers still play at the same time, hence they go all out, at least most of the afternoon, and that erases any drama of whether Cleveland finishes 0-16. Only drama will involve whether Tennessee can muster a win vs a Jags team that should be resting starters. I tend to think they will, but if not, that leaves the door open for the Chargers and Bills. Most probably feel the Chargers are the best of the trio, but those losses to the Dolphins and Jags are killers. The Chargers let both those games slip thru it's fingers.

Old 12-31-2017, 07:58 AM

10,701 posts, read 11,108,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
So the Patriots aren't losing to the Jets. But the Steelers still play at the same time, hence they go all out, at least most of the afternoon, and that erases any drama of whether Cleveland finishes 0-16. Only drama will involve whether Tennessee can muster a win vs a Jags team that should be resting starters. I tend to think they will, but if not, that leaves the door open for the Chargers and Bills. Most probably feel the Chargers are the best of the trio, but those losses to the Dolphins and Jags are killers. The Chargers let both those games slip thru it's fingers.
The Jags would be wise to not play a game that allows a division rival into the playoffs. If the Jags do win it, my guess is the Chargers get in. If the Chargers do make it in they look to be a very strong 6th seed (assuming Ravens at #5). That would make the AFC playoff field a very competitive one from top to bottom:

Patriots: 13-3
Steelers: 13-3
Jaguars: 11-5
Chiefs: 10-6
Ravens: 10-6
Chargers: 9-7

This assumes wins by all of these teams today, not an unreasonable assumption. And any of these teams is capable of making some hey once the playoffs start.

With that said I am hoping for things to break in the Bills favor today. I'd love to see them break that playoff drought, and would root for them as long as their playoff run lasted.

Old 12-31-2017, 05:19 PM

28,533 posts, read 15,479,779 times
Did the Peterman game cost the Bills the playoffs? ...they lost to the Chargers that week...

Old 12-31-2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Did the Peterman game cost the Bills the playoffs? ...they lost to the Chargers that week...
I keep hearing that, but the Bills defense suddenly turned atrocious at that time period (got destroyed by the New Orleans offense as well a week earlier I think it was). In any case, Cinci just converted on 4th-and-12 for a TD; Buffalo may just get in after all. And Marvin Lewis may just go out a winner as well after all those one-and-dones in the playoffs.

Old 12-31-2017, 05:57 PM

And after it looked like the seeds would all remain the same in each conference, Baltimore collapses in dramatic fashion. The Titans slide up to #5 and plays at KC instead. The Bills go to Jacksonville.

Old 12-31-2017, 05:59 PM

3,723 posts, read 3,885,493 times
This was an enjoyable weekend of football. Bravo to the NFL for having 9 games start at 4:25 pm. Almost all of those games were close and it was very exciting watching Red Zone during this stretch.

Old 12-31-2017, 06:03 PM

Crazy late games. Even Buffalo did its best at the end to almost hand Miami that game after dominating most of the game. That would have been a worse choke than Baltimore. And the Titans were hardly convincing against a Jacksonville squad with zero incentive. That's the AFC for ya past Pittsburgh and New England, which is why next weekend's AFC wildcard games really don't matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or