U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2017, 06:04 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,532,173 times

Advertisements

Congrats Bill the Butcher, your Bills slip into the dance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2017, 06:08 PM

10,674 posts, read 11,078,829 times
Hope the Bills do well in the playoffs!

Old 12-31-2017, 06:28 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,120,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
Congrats Bill the Butcher, your Bills slip into the dance!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Hope the Bills do well in the playoffs!
Congrats to the Buffalo Bills!

Old 12-31-2017, 07:25 PM

929 posts, read 296,266 times
I did not realize that Buffalo had the longest drought of any pro sports franchise when it came to making the playoffs (Geez, I remember the Flutie magic and before that, the 4-time consecutive AFC championships like it was yesterday!). They definitely snuck in thru the back door- the Ravens' meltdown coupled with I think has always been a flawed tie breaker procedure- losing to the Chargers should count for something and not be dismissed in the process just because a third team (Ravens) that didn't play either and so happened to have the same record as well. Nonetheless, congratulations to Bills fans. They have had their share of frustrations thru the eyars.

Old 12-31-2017, 08:06 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,856,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
So who will match up with the Bills in the first round?
Answer: Jacksonville

Old 12-31-2017, 08:18 PM

5,721 posts, read 5,463,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Answer: Jacksonville
Iím gonna try to go. Have to see if I can get work off Monday.

Old 12-31-2017, 08:58 PM

6,536 posts, read 4,487,242 times
4th & 12 and they give up a 49 yard touchdown
4th & 14 and Flacco throws a ****king 6 yard check down that gets 13 and a half yards. Horrible. This game and the Bears game back in October or November were the killers. Both at home, both against bad opponents, and both with incredibly awful throws by Flacco that turned the game around. The Bears game he had that throw I think in the 4th quarter where they were driving and the Bears DB had that nice pick on the sideline returned for a touchdown in at what point was a 4 point Bears lead. They ended up coming back to tie the game bit lost in overtime. And than Flacco had a horrible interception returned for a touchdown at almost the same end of the field and same distance which ended up being the winning touchdown.

Old 12-31-2017, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
4th & 12 and they give up a 49 yard touchdown
4th & 14 and Flacco throws a ****king 6 yard check down that gets 13 and a half yards. Horrible. This game and the Bears game back in October or November were the killers. Both at home, both against bad opponents, and both with incredibly awful throws by Flacco that turned the game around. The Bears game he had that throw I think in the 4th quarter where they were driving and the Bears DB had that nice pick on the sideline returned for a touchdown in at what point was a 4 point Bears lead. They ended up coming back to tie the game bit lost in overtime. And than Flacco had a horrible interception returned for a touchdown at almost the same end of the field and same distance which ended up being the winning touchdown.
I know this isn't the vintage Ravens of so many years, but I think there are some teams thankful to not have to play Baltimore, but rather the Bills or Titans. If the Ravens were to have gotten in and beaten KC, they would then play the Pats or Steelers, and Baltimore has always been a thorn in each of those team's sides.

Old 01-01-2018, 07:26 AM

Saturday night is when the Patriots play in two weeks. The Steelers play in the early game Sunday.

Old 01-01-2018, 09:32 AM

4,209 posts, read 2,823,898 times
Talk about back dooring-your way in!

Congrats to the Buffalo Bills, I'm so happy for that entire fan base. I moved to Elmira, New York in 2011 and vicariously became a Buffalo Bills fan, a team I will follow and support the rest of my life. This isn't the year they make a run, there are too many upgrades needed at the skill positions, but this is the type of thing that reinvigorates a franchise and could be the start of something special. A first-year coach comes in, in one season takes a team to The playoffs after damn near 20 years, something the last 10 coaches couldn't manage to do...

Not to mention the Patriots may end up cannibalizing themselves--lost the QB of the future, possibly will lose both coordinators, worsening relationship between Belichick and Brady/Kraft, etc. This could be the moment that turns it around for the Bills!

Here is an interesting fact, has there ever been a year in NFL history where four playoff participants snap 9+ year playoff droughts? Someone look it up, I may do it if I get time:

--Bills last made playoffs in 1999 (18-year drought, longest playoff drought in NFL history)
--Rams last made playoffs in 2004 (13-year drought)
--Jaguars last made playoffs in 2007 (10-year drought)
--Titans last made playoffs in 2008 (9-year drought)

The Cleveland Browns now have the longest active playoff drought in The League, 15 years and counting (2002). My two cents, they're about to give the Bills 18-year record a run for its money, since they won't even dump quite possibly the worst head coach I've ever seen...

I'm rooting for Pittsburgh and Buffalo but here are my postseason picks:

--Chiefs over Titans: Tennessee is not very good and they back-doored their way to the 5th seed. Not that I think KC is demonstrably better, but their flaws are less obvious and Tennessee can't exploit them (weak Chiefs secondary)
--Jags over Bills: Buffalo is not ready to make a run, but this will be a close game. Buffalo has the better quarterback, Jags have better overall team, but the thing is Jacksonville's defense has shown signs of cracking and Bortles is Bortles. I want to pick Buffalo but I think at home the Jags will do just enough to get to the Divisionals...

I'm taking Pittsburgh to win the AFC. But there is definitely a sign of fresh blood in the AFC. Half the playoff field hasn't been to the tournament in 9+ years. I actually think the AFC tournament will be entertaining...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or