U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 05:10 PM

8,702 posts, read 11,933,707 times

Advertisements

10-6 last week.
125-67 on the season.

New Orleans @ Atlanta
Indianapolis @ Buffalo
Chicago @ Cincinnati
Green Bay @ Cleveland
Oakland @ Kansas City
Dallas @ NY Giants
Detroit @ Tampa Bay
Minnesota @ Carolina
San Francisco @ Houston
NY Jets @ Denver
Tennessee @ Arizona
Washington @ LA Chargers
Philadelphia @ LA Rams
Seattle @ Jacksonville
Baltimore @ Pittsburgh
New England @ Miami
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2017, 05:16 PM

17,288 posts, read 10,206,664 times
Not a good sign when the team and hospital are not forthcoming with more information.

Very sad, hoping he makes a complete recovery.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/steeler...215221571.html

Old 12-05-2017, 06:16 PM

4,888 posts, read 3,975,734 times
121-71 for the year

BIG THANKS TO MY FINZ for WINNING ! ! !

SAINTS (9-3) at Falcons (7-5) In the Middle Ages, Pope Clement passed a bull forbidding Monks to hunt via Falconry. Most ignored it and went on anyway. Some of those Monks became Saints, and this week, the Saints will hunt with Falcons, showing once more the dominance of the human race over animals. ( OK I tried)
The Dirty Birds need this win, but I don't see them getting it. The Saints are that good it turns out.

Luckless Colts (3-9) at BILL's BUFFALOES (6-6) I don't know what to make of the Buffaloes this season. Tyrod Taylor is hurt, may not be able to play, and we all saw what happened last time he did not play. Then again, we all saw what happened 5 times when he DID play too. OJ Simpson is probably turning over in his grave already .

COWBOYS (6-6) at New York Football Giants (2-10) This will make the Cowpokes 7-6, their fans throughout the bars in Dallas will be saying "SUPER BOWL SUPER BOWL " until they fall into a black hole next week. Then again if memory serves, when a coach is canned, often the team rallys to win under the interim. The Giants have talent, they just have not used it

DETROIT ROCK CITY LIONS(6-6) at Succaneers (4-8) It is past time for Kirk Doetter to walk the plank. Good news, it will be COLD here (in the 60's that is cold for Tampa) so the Lions will feel more at home.

RAIDERS
(6-6) at Chiefs (6-6) Question is not Should I pick the Raiders? it is Why should I pick the Chefs?
2&10ers (2-10) at Houston Texans (4-8) Throw the home team a bone.

GREEN BAY / ACME PACKERS (6-6) at Brownies (0-12) Interesting article on the Browns

https://sports.theonion.com/browns-e...-it-1821012065

Bears (3-9) at BENGALS (5-7) The BENGALS almost beat the Steelers last night. This week, they have a much much weaker team. And they are still at home.

MEENAH-SOHDAH VIKINGS (10-2) at Carolina Panthers (8-4) On the Road, with the Vikings playing as well as they are, I think that while it will be a close game, the Norsemen will prevail.

Washington Redskins (5-7) at HOMELESS CHARGERS (6-6) I would not watch this game if you paid me, and since you won't pay me not to watch it anyway, I will do something else while it is on

NEW YORK JETS (5-7) at Rocky Mountain Broncos (3-9) The Crummy Game of the week moves to Mile High Stadium, where John Denver once para sailed in while singing Annie's Song and playing the 12 string guitar at the same time. The Broncos lost that day, and even though Johnny D will be there only in Spirit (or whatever his fellow loony religious cult followers do for the afterlife) The Broncos will still lose. Afterwards, no one will care.

TITANS (8-4) at Pesky Red Birds (5-7) A win takes the Titans to 9-4 while a loss takes Bruce Arians closer to the Cardiac ICU

EAGLES (10-2) at Los Angeles Rams (9-3) Best game of the week ! hardest one to pick as well. I do not see the Eagles going to 10 -3 and being tied with the Rams, but keep in mind, these two teams are both good. Really good Like this could be an NFC Playoff prematch

Seattle Seahawks (8-4) at JAGUARS (8-4) If the above game is the game of the week, then this one is a close second. Call it an Upset pick, but I think the cats at home will leave with a mouth full of feathers.

Nevermore Ravens (7-5) at STEELERS (10-2) Another good, close game. The Ravens must win to stay in the hunt, the Steelers must win to stay at the top seed level.

NEW EVIL PATRIOTS (10-2) at My Finz (5-7) GRONK no get to play, GRONK been bad. Get to stay home and bang head on table. Still the Evil Patriots may have to cheat a little, and they will, but Belicheck wants to win every single game. They have won like 8 straight, sooner or later, they will fail, but lets hope it is the first playoff game when that happens.

Old 12-05-2017, 08:30 PM

4,848 posts, read 6,364,158 times
Last Week: 11-5
Overall: 112-80

New Orleans @ Atlanta
Indianapolis @ Buffalo
Chicago @ Cincinnati
Green Bay @ Cleveland
Oakland @ Kansas City
Dallas @ NY Giants
Detroit @ Tampa Bay
Minnesota @ Carolina
San Francisco @ Houston
NY Jets @ Denver
Tennessee @ Arizona
Washington @ LA Chargers
Philadelphia @ LA Rams
Seattle @ Jacksonville
Baltimore @ Pittsburgh
New England @ Miami

Old 12-05-2017, 11:03 PM

6,544 posts, read 4,493,891 times
I know you play division opponents twice a year, and it could just be me, but doesn't it seem like week 14 is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to late in the season to be playing a divisional opponent for the first time (Falcons/Saints this week)??

Old 12-06-2017, 04:17 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,058,187 times
Week 13: 13-3
Season: 125-67

New Orleans @ Atlanta-My picker has been off on Thursday Night games all season. I think I've gotten 4 Thursday games right so far and 2 of those were on Thanksgiving. I actually think the Falcons are going to win this, so I'll take the Saints since it's opposite my gut feeling.

Indianapolis @ Buffalo-Bills need this one to stay in the playoff hunt while the Colts are playing for nothing.

Chicago @ Cincinnati-This will be Marvin Lewis's last win as coach of the Bengals as Da Bears invent yet another way to lose a football game.

Green Bay @ Cleveland-It's safe for Cleveland to get a win now. Browns won't jeopardize their first pick by winning now that everyone else in the NFL has 2 wins. But I believe in Brett Hundley and the Pack and I'm not counting Green Bay out yet. I predict another close game though.

Oakland @ Kansas City-I'm not sure why I keep picking the Chiefs after losing 4 in a row. Somehow I expect them to still take the AFC West. While KC blew a golden opportunity to run away with this division, they have a clean slate with three teams at 6-6. They lost by 1 out in Oakland, so I think they'll take the Raiders at Arrowhead in an ugly squeaker.

Dallas @ NY Giants-This is a throwaway pick, but I'll bite out of hatred for the Cowboys. Giants are one of the biggest dumpster fires going, but maybe now they've cleaned house they can rally around their new personnel. Besides I expect Eli to come out with a chip on his shoulder after getting benched last week. Eli is 13-13 in his career against the Cowboys in the regular season. He lost the last one, so hopefully he wins this one.

Detroit @ Tampa Bay-Jim Bob Cooter goes crazy with the offensive game plan as Matt Stafford smokes a Winston!

Minnesota @ Carolina-I keep picking against the Viqueens thinking they're due for a stumble. Maybe this week it will actually happen against Cam and company.

San Francisco @ Houston-Don't look now everyone! Jimmy G. will lead my dumpster-fire Niners to 2 wins in a row. Hopefully this week they can actually break a plane. Jimmy G. is looking to get the franchise tag so getting wins against bad teams is crucial. Houston's season deflated with the injuries to Watson and Watt.

NY Jets @ Denver-I said I wasn't picking the Jets for the rest of the season. It bit me last week and will probably bite me this week since the Broncos are terrible this season. They are at home at least.

Tennessee @ Arizona-The cardiac Cards will lose another heartbreaker and Bruce Arians will be redder than their uniform. I remember the Titans were the worst team not too long ago, but now the Fighting Mariotas are my favorite to take the AFC South.

Washington @ LA Chargers-Home? The homeless Carson Chargers don't need no stinking home as they cruise to their 4th win in a row against Cousins and company.

Philadelphia @ LA Rams-If the Rams and Saints win and the Vikings and Eagles lose, then all NFC divisional leaders will be 10-3. This is such a coin toss, but I'll take the Rams at home since they play in a contested division. The Eagles can lose this and they're still taking the NFC Least.

Seattle @ Jacksonville-This is the time of the year where the Seahawks collect wins like this. Jags have had a powder puff schedule the last 6 weeks. They won't fare as well against a quality opponent.

Baltimore @ Pittsburgh-I can see Baltimore taking this. They're playing good football right now while the Steelers tend to play to their level of competition. I'm going to keep riding with the Steelers though. The killer B's usually find a way to win.

New England @ Miami-I'm taking the Pats until home field advantage is clinched.

Last edited by maniac77; 12-06-2017 at 04:30 AM..

Old 12-06-2017, 05:46 AM

6,777 posts, read 10,177,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I know you play division opponents twice a year, and it could just be me, but doesn't it seem like week 14 is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to late in the season to be playing a divisional opponent for the first time (Falcons/Saints this week)??
Yes, very odd.

Old 12-06-2017, 02:57 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,126,454 times
NFL 2017 WEEK 14 PICKS:

Week 14: Tough roundup this week!

Thursday Dec 7 (Pearl Harbor Day):
Nawlins @ Atlanta – NFC South slugfest at Falcons’ nest!

Sunday Dec 10 (early games):
Indy @ Buffalo – Bills should grab a W here
Chicago @ Cincy – Andy looking more like a QB lately?
Green Bay @ Cleveland – Go Pack Go!
Oakland @ Chiefs – AFC West skirmish in KC!
Dallas @ NY Giants – NFC East rumble in the asphalt jungle
Detroit @ Tampa Bay – Two seriously struggling teams!
Minnesota @ Carolina – Finally jumping aboard the Vikings Bandwagon!
SF 49ers @ Houston – By jiminy… it’s Jimmy G!

(Late Games):
NY Jets @ Denver – Very difficult picking either team!
Tennessee @ Cards – Leapin’ Mariotas leap into Arizona
Washington @ LA Chargers – I rarely pick the Bolts, but…
Eagles @ LA Rams – HUGE matchup!
Squawks @ Jax Jags – Two 8-4 teams!

(Evening Game):
Ravens @ Pittsburgh – Another NFC North BRUISER!

Monday Dec 11:
New England @ Dolphins – AFC East clash in Miami!

Old 12-06-2017, 06:46 PM

6,837 posts, read 7,898,830 times
NO @ ATL

Will get the rest in later!

Old 12-06-2017, 09:31 PM

6,544 posts, read 4,493,891 times
Busy tomorrow so wanted to get this in:

New Orleans @ Atlanta. I literally have no idea about this one. Saints are the better team on paper, but the Falcons need this more and are at home. Even though they are a perennial disappointment whenever I pick them, I'll take a gamble that they play 60 minutes of good football.

I'll get my totals and the rest of the selections in later in the week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football