U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 10:40 PM

7,242 posts, read 6,459,374 times

Advertisements

gotta love them refs.. they don't see Payton is trying to call a time out and have the wisdom to let the clock keep running at a critical time so he runs out to get their attention and get a penalty for it that ends the game. Yeah.. turns off NFL for a few weeks even though I don't care about either these teams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2017, 05:32 AM

6,777 posts, read 10,171,524 times
1-0

Old 12-08-2017, 07:43 AM

11,722 posts, read 11,540,543 times
Sure, Calico & Colt, drop out of the 0-1 club! It's o.k., I'll carry on without you two! 0-1, of course! Go Pack Go!

Old 12-08-2017, 07:47 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,119,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
1-0
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Sure, Calico & Colt, drop out of the 0-1 club! It's o.k., I'll carry on without you two! 0-1, of course! Go Pack Go!
It's seriously tough to drop out of that 0-1 club. It seems to be a full-blown party every other week or so!

Old 12-08-2017, 02:25 PM

2,974 posts, read 3,954,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Here are the standings, I was able to find, through Week 13.

125-67 iknowftbll
125-67 maniac77
125-67 RightonWalnut
123-69 WyoNewk
122-70 ColtAZ
122-70 ditchlights
121-71 LargeKingCat
121-71 susancruzs
120-72 Calico696
119-73 Carolina Knight
112-80 Bondurant
110-65 IXCell

Three way tie for first place! I'm having one of my crappier years.
JBtwinz........122-70 and 1-0 with an Atlanta win that I was reluctant pick

Old 12-08-2017, 03:46 PM

6,777 posts, read 10,171,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
JBtwinz........122-70 and 1-0 with an Atlanta win that I was reluctant pick
Thanks for the update. Will include you when the week concludes.

Old 12-09-2017, 04:31 PM

6,534 posts, read 4,486,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Busy tomorrow so wanted to get this in:

New Orleans @ Atlanta. I literally have no idea about this one. Saints are the better team on paper, but the Falcons need this more and are at home. Even though they are a perennial disappointment whenever I pick them, I'll take a gamble that they play 60 minutes of good football.

I'll get my totals and the rest of the selections in later in the week.
Last week: 14-2
Overall: 115-78* *since my Giants to win pick over the Rams week 9 was so terrible, that I gave myself 3 losses for picking it, that's why my total is 2 higher than it should be.

Indianapolis @ Buffalo. If Bill's buffaloes lose this game they are almost certainly eliminated from the postseason with the piece of cake schedule the Ravens have the last 3 weeks (Browns, Bungels & Colts).
Chicago @ Cincinnati. If Lewis & Dalton lose this, you may as well just fire Lewis on the spot, and play AJ McCarron the final 3 games of the season.
Green Bay @ Cleveland. They still play @ the Bears, but this is probably one of their last chances to win. With the Packers seeing the light for a Rodgers possible week 16 or 17 return with maybe a chance at a playoff spot, Pack won't drop this game.
Oakland @ Kansas City. Both of these teams stink! Raiders have done nothing all season, but see themselves tied for the division lead because the Chiefs can't get out of their own way. I'll take the Chiefs at home by a field goal. I mean they did beat the Pats & Eagles the first 2 weeks of the season...
Dallas @ NY Giants. I'll take the Giants with Spagnolo at the helm, and Eli back under center.
Detroit @ Tampa Bay. Like the Bills, the Lions need a miracle to make the playoffs, but we can stick a fork in them with a loss here.
Minnesota @ Carolina. Case Keenum seems like a perfectly fine backup QB to have on your roster in case the #1 sucks or gets hurt, but he is beyond due for a subpar game and a bad loss, and maybe this Panthers defense gives them that subpar game and bad loss.
San Francisco @ Houston. 2 teams that have no desire or willingness to win for 2 different reasons: San Francisco is trying to tank, but now have gotten 2 wins which screwed their draft standing. They'll still probably finish in the top 5, but likely not 1, 2 or maybe even 3 or 4. Texans after losing Watson to a knee injury saw their playoffs and division title hopes fade away with every terrible Tom Savage pass. Everyone in the world knows Tom Savage sucks, how come the only person that didn't see it was the person in charge?? I don't think RG3, or Johnny football would have done any better anyways, but I think they would've had a better chance to win with those 2 under center. Hell, I would've preferred Trent Dilfer, whose probably close to 45 years old coming out of retirement as the starting QB that's how bad Savage is! Texans should just lose their remaining 4 games and climb up the draft board. They aren't officially eliminated yet from the playoff contention as they can still get in as a Wildcard if they tie at 8-8, but they are officially eliminated from the division. This will be like sitting in the yard watching grass grow as you look at paint drying on a house.
NY Jets @ Denver. This is how far the Broncos have fallen this year: I am picking a team that I thought would be lucky to win 3 games starting Josh McCown on the road against them. Who else remembers when the Broncos were 3-1?? Anybody??
Tennessee @ Arizona. Is it just me, or does it seem like this is Arizona's 6th straight home game??
Washington @ LA Chargers. Chargers keep rolling to keep pace with the Raiders/Chiefs winner in the West.
Philadelphia @ LA Rams. I'll take the Eagles with a bounce back in the game between 2 of the biggest surprises in the NFL this year.
Seattle @ Jacksonville. It's across the country, but they get lucky with a 4:25 start time, and they thrive in December games.
Baltimore @ Pittsburgh. Ravens won't win the division, but at least they'll make Pittsburgh look in their review mirrors. And next weekend while the Ravens are playing the Browns, the Steelers play the Patriots, and the following weekend after the Ravens beat the Colts on Sunday, it suddenly makes the Steelers/Texans game on Christmas afternoon (on the Monday afternoon) a lot more meaningful and pressure after the Steelers have been coasting seemingly the entire season. As I said, Pittsburgh will still win the division since they still have a game against the Browns, but at least a Ravens win will make them feel heat for a few weeks.
New England @ Miami. As I said last week, until the Pats wrap up the division and or home field continue to pick the B & B's.

Old 12-09-2017, 09:26 PM

9,415 posts, read 17,378,768 times
New Orleans @ Atlanta
Indianapolis @ Buffalo
Chicago @ Cincinnati
Green Bay @ Cleveland
Oakland @ Kansas City
Dallas @ NY Giants
Detroit @ Tampa Bay
Minnesota @ Carolina
San Francisco @ Houston
NY Jets @ Denver
Tennessee @ Arizona
Washington @ LA Chargers
Philadelphia @ LA Rams
Seattle @ Jacksonville
Baltimore @ Pittsburgh
New England @ Miami

Old 12-09-2017, 09:34 PM

4,291 posts, read 1,855,533 times
New Orleans @ Atlanta 0-1
Indianapolis @ Buffalo
Chicago @ Cincinnati
Green Bay @ Cleveland
Oakland @ Kansas City
Dallas @ NY Giants
Detroit @ Tampa Bay
Minnesota @ Carolina
San Francisco @ Houston
NY Jets @ Denver
Tennessee @ Arizona
Washington @ LA Chargers
Philadelphia @ LA Rams
Seattle @ Jacksonville
Baltimore @ Pittsburgh
New England @ Miami

Old 12-09-2017, 09:38 PM

4,291 posts, read 1,855,533 times
Week 1: 11-4
Week 2: 12-4
Week 3: 6-10
Week 4: 12-4
Week 5: 7-7
Week 6: 7-7
Week 7: 11-4
Week 8: 8-5
Week 9: 6-7
Week 10: 9-5
Week 11: 10-4
Week 12: 12-4
Week 13: 10-6

Season 121-71
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football