U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 07:46 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,120,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
I don't trust Pete Carroll will call out some of his players' for their ridiculous antics. The guy is an ass. We're talking about a guy who gave Pete Stoyanovich the choke sign as a Jets assistant and had USC throw a long TD pass while in victory formation against UCLA, then subsequently led his sideline in a bunch of theatrics, mocking the UCLA side by doing jumping jacks. Pom Pom Petey may come across as a swell guy, but he is low class all the way.
Carroll has been the media's darling. However, the continuous poor individual (and team) behavior shows that he actually has little or no control as a coach. Week by week, the truth slowly erodes the golden boy perception of him, based on how his team acts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I had forgotten they did this to the Packers, too in a victory formation, the Pats, this is the Seahawks, who they are, not exactly sportsmanship when you lose a game. Something is wrong with their culture there.
Yes, unfortunately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2017, 08:11 AM

11,722 posts, read 11,541,988 times
Seahawks is one of many teams who have ties to the Packer GMs, coaching. John Schneider is the GM, knowing his background, I wonder what he things of all this. I was always hoping he would come back to GB to replace Ted T.

Old 12-11-2017, 08:36 AM

28,442 posts, read 15,427,246 times
Carroll looked shell shocked on the sideline near the end of the clip.

Old 12-12-2017, 01:45 AM

5,532 posts, read 3,683,135 times
Hawks escape suspensions in this one.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/12/11/no...g-jaguars-game

Old 12-13-2017, 06:56 PM

1,753 posts, read 1,013,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
...I honestly think the NFL is creeping toward becoming (culturally) the NBA. League needs some emergency, law & order type leadership right now...
That statement really struck a cord with me. I loved the NBA of the 70's-80's but lost interest by mid 90's, there were too many talented players that simply weren't good ambassadors to the sport or civility.

Mid 90's the Sonics two big players were Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp, neither one admirable off the court.

Old 12-13-2017, 08:01 PM

2,123 posts, read 4,316,016 times
Great PR at a great time for the NFL.

This commissioner is the worst I've ever seen.

All this on film, just like the Gronk incident ... wanton violence ... no suspensions in the latest incident and 1 measly game for Gronk.

Yet, with no real evidence and against the recommendation of the lead investigator Ezekiel Elliott gets 6 games, costs Dallas a playoff chance.

Just a matter of time until this gets out of hand worse and fans are hurt. Again, this type of NFL is on Goodell !!!!!

Old 12-15-2017, 12:52 PM

14,540 posts, read 22,406,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Was depressing to watch..
The 'Hawks poor sportsmanship in the last seconds.. combined with Jefferson doing his Metta World Peace imitation..

Seattle looked undisciplined & petty. I think Pete Carroll has a basically laid-back, (aspires to be liked by every player) approach that fails him in these volatile situations. And on a general note, I think Goodell is losing professional control over the (k)Neeling Felons League. His cowardly, capitulation to $ocial-justice extortion.. seemingly endorsing professional insubordination.
Understood, ugly game-endings aren't unprecedented, but I honestly think the NFL is creeping toward becoming (culturally) the NBA. League needs some emergency, law & order type leadership right now.. Carroll & Goodell don't have that personality type.
I agree with your acronyms but disagree with the fight. I love that stuff and wish they showed more.

Usually the media pulls away and doesn't air the fights but I laughed my face off during the last Bronco Raider game when the announcer yelled, LOOK! WE GOT A FIGHT!

Old 12-17-2017, 07:22 PM

28,442 posts, read 15,427,246 times
Hard to have an end of game kneel down fiasco when you get beat down. Thanks, Rams.

Old 12-17-2017, 08:43 PM

2,746 posts, read 2,368,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Hard to have an end of game kneel down fiasco when you get beat down. Thanks, Rams.
This time they fought with each other.
Not a good sign when your 2 defensive leaders are bickering and calling out a "jealous teammate" on Twitter. The jealous teammate part makes me wonder if there's a lot more going on.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...-loss-to-rams/

Old 12-17-2017, 08:57 PM

5,532 posts, read 3,683,135 times
There is evidence that this team is falling apart. Yes, the passion is still there, but the Hawks behavior shows an ugly side of the franchise. Worst Pete Carroll loss in Seattle. To come into the most important game of the season and stink it up that bad is reprehensible. And then to lose composure for the 2nd week in a row? Time to break it up and start over?

Last edited by pnwguy2; 12-17-2017 at 09:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football