U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 11:37 AM

4,577 posts, read 5,408,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Wow, I am so surprised to find that former football players act this way. From my experiences around high school and college football players, I never would have expected it.
Yep. Shocked.....Shocked ! .... that there's gambling at Ricks.

& Shocked.....shocked !!.....that college and pro football players will sometimes act boorish and chauvinist pig like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2017, 11:38 AM

27,093 posts, read 5,882,815 times
Sounds particularly obnoxious....glad she brought this ugliness to light...

QUOTE=DRob4JC;50378001]NFL Harassment Suit Alleges Groping by Top Executive, Ex-Players

A former executive producer at the National Football League’s TV network and ex-players including Marshall Faulk and Heath Evans allegedly groped and made sexually explicit comments to female colleague Jami Cantor, according to an amended complaint by Cantor, a former employee.

She said she was also sexually harassed by on-air talent. Faulk, who’s an NFL Network analyst, would ask Cantor “deeply personal and invasive questions” about her sex life and fondled her breasts and groped her behind, according to the complaint.

Ike Taylor, Donovan McNabb are also included in the suspensions in the abuse against Cantor. Warren Sapp was included in this as well.

----------------------

Also...

Donovan McNabb accused of sexual harassment; 3 NFL Network hosts suspended[/quote]

Old 12-12-2017, 02:03 PM

4,291 posts, read 1,856,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
then they shouldn't run to Gloria Alredd every time someone tells a d*ck joke.
This topic is way over your head. You should consider not commenting anymore in this thread.

Groping is a "dick joke"? Exposing yourself to a woman is a "dick joke"?

Old 12-12-2017, 02:06 PM

My only question is how in the world this woman could have waited so long to bring this to light? How could you not go to a legal authority much sooner? Some of this stuff is way beyond just language. And so much of it, that it would have had to have occurred over a long time period.

Old 12-12-2017, 03:03 PM

28,442 posts, read 15,427,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
My only question is how in the world this woman could have waited so long to bring this to light? How could you not go to a legal authority much sooner? Some of this stuff is way beyond just language. And so much of it, that it would have had to have occurred over a long time period.
I am trying just to keep this factual and not ask to many questions - just to keep this open for further information.

I have questions as well - but I am not asking them here.

Old 12-12-2017, 04:25 PM

23,628 posts, read 33,413,509 times
Quote:
Let's see..... she would have been on her own against several very powerful dudes before the #metoo business started. Now in today's climate she has a reasonable shot of people believing her and her career not being ruined.

Old 12-12-2017, 04:39 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,408,559 times
Quote:
This topic is way over your head. You should consider not commenting anymore in this thread.

Groping is a "dick joke"? Exposing yourself to a woman is a "dick joke"?
You must not have read my other post. (Which said exactly what your post did.)

So no. Groping isn't a "d*ck joke" & Exposing oneself to a woman is something I don't get. What's the point? (& no, it's not a joke either).

I'll comment wherever I want.

Old 12-12-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Let's see..... she would have been on her own against several very powerful dudes before the #metoo business started. Now in today's climate she has a reasonable shot of people believing her and her career not being ruined.
I agree but still find it shocking. I mean the majority of this reported behavior is out of the ball park of even inappropriate behavior. And from so many different men. Hopefully more women now will feel the power to speak up immediately.

Old 12-12-2017, 05:02 PM

Quote:
You must not have read my other post. (Which said exactly what your post did.)

So no. Groping isn't a "d*ck joke" & Exposing oneself to a woman is something I don't get. What's the point? (& no, it's not a joke either).

I'll comment wherever I want.
This woman is not calling a lawyer because of dick jokes so I just don't see the need for your comment.

Old 12-12-2017, 06:40 PM

4,979 posts, read 11,042,177 times
Quote:
Thanks for sharing this information.

Weird, the article (that I read) inferred that she was a peer.....a "colleague". & if so, (imo) 3-4 ex football players and one woman - who is to be treated as an equal aka a "colleague" might not be a good mix of talent (from an irreverent or ribald perspective), when the group inevitably starts "bantering" & cutting up (& her ears are tender).

But if she was a wardrobe or hairstyle person (or a maid or a waitress or any other type of support person), the men should show respect & not be pigs.

Also in reading further, what is with all these people taking pictures of their privates & sending them out? Is this a 2017 (or 20teens) thing? I don't get it. & obviously sending them to a 51 y/o women is out of line.
So.....

Sexual harassment is OK IF you are a "peer" female. (but there should be no such thing as a "peer" female according to you)

Sexual harassment is NOT OK if the females are "support types" i.e. subservient women who "know their place"

THAT your argument in a nutshell????

And the allegations made by this woman are not about "tender ears" and "bantering" and "cutting up"

Dude, like WHAT century are you living in....seriously.....

The attitudes you have so clearly expressed are EXACTLY why so many men are being called out in all areas of public life...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football