U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 09:09 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,187,860 times

Advertisements

This thread alone shows why so women say nothing and try to move on. It also shows why it's well past time to end this attitude in men that they can do whatever they like to whomever they like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2017, 03:17 PM

406 posts, read 136,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
There has to be something going on. When you hear about one or two instances of sex scandals, then you don't really blink an eye. But it has been an epidemic of large proportions in the entertainment industry, the world of news, the world of politics, and now the world of sports. Every facet of media has had an uptick of sexual allegations brought against celebrities or other well known-names. I can't help but to think this isn't all just some coincidence, there's a reason behind all of these people getting outed. And almost every single one of them have had to admit that they are guilty. I'm not saying the President is behind all of this (I tend not to get too political), but somebody very powerful has knowledge and a foot in the door of all of these aspects of entertainment and news, and that person , one by one, is blowing the whistle on all of these people. Kind of like draining the swamp. People are getting exposed for lives they've had hidden for years, and now it's judgement day on these celebrities, athletes, and politicians.

I just have a hard time believing all of this is coincidence.
Consider first that these exposes all appeared almost overnight and out of nowhere for many in the public. Clearly all the "cleaning house" in the various entities is being orchestrated with something else in mind. With little to no time allowed in most cases to counter the allegations. Then it becomes a case of "are you questioning those women or do you not believe them?". Scary stuff most any time, though in this day and age it becomes quite alarming.

There appears to be an effort afoot to target some men for sexual misconduct. Then conveniently forgo any due process amid the loud shouting and clamors to resign.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 12-13-2017 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: last 2 sentences are off topic

Old 12-13-2017, 03:44 PM

2,322 posts, read 1,765,707 times
i once asked a girl to have sex with me ... she later married me for 10 years then divorced me .. can she sue me for sexual harassment ? this stuff is so stupid ...

Old 12-13-2017, 04:12 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,239,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
This thread alone shows why so women say nothing and try to move on. It also shows why it's well past time to end this attitude in men that they can do whatever they like to whomever they like.
rep - and big mouth Sapp is bawling about being wrongly accused....but anyone who knows the idiot knows he's a fat liar.

Warren Sapp on sexual harassment allegations: ‘Aint no #MeToo’
"Ain’t no #MeToo," the former Buc and Pro Football Hall of Famer said on the Andy Slater show on 940-WINZ. "There’s no sexual harassment. No way, no how. I was raised better."

except.....

Reports: Warren Sapp Pleads Guilty In Domestic Violence Case
https://deadspin.com/reports-warren-...nce-1734123959

Old 12-13-2017, 07:21 PM

2,123 posts, read 4,322,099 times
I'm gonna say this and it's just thrown out there.

If you're a female and have an axe to grind or been under some male thumb and just pizzed off at males what a fine time to throw out some accusations. You can ruin someone's career/life with just innuendo and have your own personal vendetta fulfilled. This without any proof but just a charge. Seems almost un American to me.

Now surely some or most of these charges are undoubtedly legit . But if men are animals full of base desires and perversions which they unabashedly will act on without restraint then there are also women who are mean, deceitful, and also without morals.

The question the reasonable and thoughtful person should ask are who is the victim in these cases? How do you separate the goats from the sheep? And lastly, why is this a bandwagon issue (you know, like "bandwagon fans").

Old 12-14-2017, 09:47 AM

If the men are innocent they have the courts to prove this. When they sheepishly apologize and admit they did things that speaks volumes, especially when it's multiple women over years. Men have had the position of power over women for 3000 years and that in itself gives rise to certain attitudes and behaviors. Those days are numbered in an equality educated society, much to the chagrin of some folks.

Old 12-14-2017, 11:56 AM

27,798 posts, read 26,239,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
i once asked a girl to have sex with me ... she later married me for 10 years then divorced me .. can she sue me for sexual harassment ? this stuff is so stupid ...
Was is stupid? What you posted or the idea that women can sue for sexual harassment? If you were her boss and demanded that she have sex with you or you'd fire her, that's harassment. She could have reported you to your supervisor and gotten you fired. But since she married you, the chances to report you has long passed any sort of statue of limitations, I'm sure.

Old 12-14-2017, 05:19 PM

2,123 posts, read 4,322,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
If the men are innocent they have the courts to prove this.
R U so naive as to believe that some man wrongfully charged pays no price? And we all know the courts always get it right.

Old 12-15-2017, 09:08 AM

It depends, and yes courts get things wrong but they do have a recourse to prove themselves as they should.

Old 12-15-2017, 02:46 PM

5,756 posts, read 4,238,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciroccot View Post
Consider first that these exposes all appeared almost overnight and out of nowhere for many in the public. Clearly all the "cleaning house" in the various entities is being orchestrated with something else in mind. With little to no time allowed in most cases to counter the allegations. Then it becomes a case of "are you questioning those women or do you not believe them?". Scary stuff most any time, though in this day and age it becomes quite alarming.

There appears to be an effort afoot to target some men for sexual misconduct. Then conveniently forgo any due process amid the loud shouting and clamors to resign.
Problem, half of those people either are not denying it or have admitted to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football