Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 08:15 AM

45,283 posts, read 26,785,821 times

Advertisements

NFL Harassment Suit Alleges Groping by Top Executive, Ex-Players

A former executive producer at the National Football League’s TV network and ex-players including Marshall Faulk and Heath Evans allegedly groped and made sexually explicit comments to female colleague Jami Cantor, according to an amended complaint by Cantor, a former employee.

She said she was also sexually harassed by on-air talent. Faulk, who’s an NFL Network analyst, would ask Cantor “deeply personal and invasive questions” about her sex life and fondled her breasts and groped her behind, according to the complaint.

Ike Taylor, Donovan McNabb are also included in the suspensions in the abuse against Cantor. Warren Sapp was included in this as well.

----------------------

Also...

Donovan McNabb accused of sexual harassment; 3 NFL Network hosts suspended
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2017, 08:44 AM

23,769 posts, read 28,865,134 times
piggy pigs gotta behave like the cretins they are...

from the link above

In the complaint, Cantor says that Faulk, an NFL Hall of Famer, groped her breasts and exposed his genitals while demanding oral sex. She accused Evans, a former fullback, of texting her nude pictures,*and said Taylor, a former cornerback, sent her a video of him masturbating while in the shower.

Cantor also alleged that former NFL Network executive Eric Weinberger, now the president of Bill Simmons Media Group, groped her and rubbed his crotch against her. The media company called the allegations “very serious and disturbing” and placed Weinberger on leave indefinitely while it investigates.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:03 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,743,141 times
Don't have the "NFL network" - at least I don't think i do. So I have to ask:

Who is Jami Cantor? & who at this network would think it would be a good idea to put a woman (solo) in a broadcast booth with 3-4 ex football players?

Furthermore......Who at the network would think it's a good idea for anyone named Jami to discuss (or do play by play) football to the viewing public (on a for profit basis where football fans actually choose whether to tune in or not)?

What's next.....Charles Barkley doing color commentary for Ice Dancing in the upcoming Winter Olympics (so they can go after that Demographic & hit all the racial and gender data points)? Jeez, when is this stuff going to stop??

Old 12-12-2017, 09:06 AM

45,283 posts, read 26,785,821 times
I have questions, but I won't bring them up here. I just wanted to note the NFL personalities involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post

Who is Jami Cantor? & who at this network would think it would be a good idea to put a woman (solo) in a broadcast booth with 3-4 ex football players?

Furthermore......Who at the network would think it's a good idea for anyone named Jami to discuss (or do play by play) football to the viewing public (on a for profit basis where football fans actually choose whether to tune in or not)?

What's next.....Charles Barkley doing color commentary for Ice Dancing in the upcoming Winter Olympics (so they can go after that Demographic & hit all the racial and gender data points)? Jeez, when is this stuff going to stop??
She was a behind the scenes person, involved in wardrobes and styling.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:11 AM

23,769 posts, read 28,865,134 times
Quote:

unfortunately, a pretty typical viewpoint which is why the problem exists in the first place

Old 12-12-2017, 10:41 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,843,948 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
unfortunately, a pretty typical viewpoint which is why the problem exists in the first place
^^this. The attitude above is part of the problem not the solution. Times have changed and boorish behavior will no longer be tolerated.

Last edited by JonasW; 12-12-2017 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: Removed the cheap shot lol

Old 12-12-2017, 10:42 AM

5,915 posts, read 6,403,308 times
There has to be something going on. When you hear about one or two instances of sex scandals, then you don't really blink an eye. But it has been an epidemic of large proportions in the entertainment industry, the world of news, the world of politics, and now the world of sports. Every facet of media has had an uptick of sexual allegations brought against celebrities or other well known-names. I can't help but to think this isn't all just some coincidence, there's a reason behind all of these people getting outed. And almost every single one of them have had to admit that they are guilty. I'm not saying the President is behind all of this (I tend not to get too political), but somebody very powerful has knowledge and a foot in the door of all of these aspects of entertainment and news, and that person , one by one, is blowing the whistle on all of these people. Kind of like draining the swamp. People are getting exposed for lives they've had hidden for years, and now it's judgement day on these celebrities, athletes, and politicians.

I just have a hard time believing all of this is coincidence.

Old 12-12-2017, 10:48 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,169,658 times
Wow, I am so surprised to find that former football players act this way. From my experiences around high school and college football players, I never would have expected it.

Old 12-12-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I have questions, but I won't bring them up here. I just wanted to note the NFL personalities involved.

She was a behind the scenes person, involved in wardrobes and styling.
Thanks for sharing this information.

Weird, the article (that I read) inferred that she was a peer.....a "colleague". & if so, (imo) 3-4 ex football players and one woman - who is to be treated as an equal aka a "colleague" might not be a good mix of talent (from an irreverent or ribald perspective), when the group inevitably starts "bantering" & cutting up (& her ears are tender).

But if she was a wardrobe or hairstyle person (or a maid or a waitress or any other type of support person), the men should show respect & not be pigs.

Also in reading further, what is with all these people taking pictures of their privates & sending them out? Is this a 2017 (or 20teens) thing? I don't get it. & obviously sending them to a 51 y/o women is out of line.

Last edited by hound 109; 12-12-2017 at 12:45 PM..

Old 12-12-2017, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
yawn. So sexual abuse exists because I don't like to listen to non-professionals pontificate on topics that they have little experience in. (Whatever).

As mentioned, I thought (& the article inferred) that she was a talking head & a peer (& not support person). A support person (or any non peer person) deserves to be treated with respect.

But I stand by my comments. If women want to hang with Seals on a beachhead, or with on offensive line in the Red Zone.......or do some interviews post game in a Major League locker room, then they shouldn't run to Gloria Alredd every time someone tells a d*ck joke.

Last edited by hound 109; 12-12-2017 at 12:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football