Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 11:00 AM

3,654 posts, read 2,489,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
It depends on what the 'something' is.. But I also think that he's at an age that he probably just doesn't want to fight it. Cash out and enjoy the years he has left.

The Sterling and Richardson situations are different because this is Richardson's decision.
Labonte, first off HTTR..

That said, we know some of the 'something' of Richardson's sins. He used a racial slur against a former scout, and it's reported Richardson already financially settled w/that former scout. The scout accepted that settlement. Why is that closed settlement, now an incitement for the $ocial-justice mob (?)

Donald Sterling hit the papers bcuz he had a private argument with his Black girlfriend. The girlfriend taped his private conversation.. then the cultural-Marxist sports & social media vultures ran that recording of a private conversation over & over. Feeding the mob a slanderous idea that Sterling, who was dating a Black woman & employed a predominately Black Clipper team.. that Sterling was a vicious racial bigot.
Now that same mob is unforgivingly dredging up Richardson settlements, to prove he is a bigot who doesn't deserve to run the team he built.

I can't understand how fair-minded people side w/this mob & pile on old men for their personal (often private) beliefs & subjectively perceived moral failings. These 2 situations are exactly the same. Richardson is only making this decision to exit now, because of the intense public shaming from a self-righteous $ocial-justice Inquisition. The same mob that destroyed Donald Sterling. And it's fair to say u don't wanna defend the beliefs & actions of Richardson & Sterling, but what about defending their (& ultimately our workplace privacy) against this same mob.. There was just another one of these stories where a contractor made national news bcuz he had a small Rebel flag sticker on his lunchbox.. Who cares, it's his property. This is about $ocial-justice vultures attacking, humiliating, & then depriving people they dislike of $.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2017, 12:54 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,189,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post

That said, we know some of the 'something' of Richardson's sins. He used a racial slur against a former scout, and it's reported Richardson already financially settled w/that former scout. The scout accepted that settlement. Why is that closed settlement, now an incitement for the $ocial-justice mob (?)

Donald Sterling hit the papers bcuz he had a private argument with his Black girlfriend. The girlfriend taped his private conversation.. then the cultural-Marxist sports & social media vultures ran that recording of a private conversation over & over. Feeding the mob a slanderous idea that Sterling, who was dating a Black woman & employed a predominately Black Clipper team.. that Sterling was a vicious racial bigot.
Now that same mob is unforgivingly dredging up Richardson settlements, to prove he is a bigot who doesn't deserve to run the team he built.

I can't understand how fair-minded people side w/this mob & pile on old men for their personal (often private) beliefs & subjectively perceived moral failings. These 2 situations are exactly the same. Richardson is only making this decision to exit now, because of the intense public shaming from a self-righteous $ocial-justice Inquisition. The same mob that destroyed Donald Sterling. And it's fair to say u don't wanna defend the beliefs & actions of Richardson & Sterling, but what about defending their (& ultimately our workplace privacy) against this same mob.. There was just another one of these stories where a contractor made national news bcuz he had a small Rebel flag sticker on his lunchbox.. Who cares, it's his property. This is about $ocial-justice vultures attacking, humiliating, & then depriving people they dislike of $.
Do a little research....

Richardson isn't being "deprived" of his team solely for a racial slur and this isn't about "social justice" vultures attacking..

https://www.si.com/jerry-richardson-...nt-racial-slur

Richardson has a documented history of inappropriate sexual behavior towards women under his employ.

He doesn't get a "pass" because he is wealthy or an octogenarian.....he has abused his position of power and if the investigation continues to bear this out he should be taken to task.

As a husband and father to 3 daughters, if he treated my wife or daughters this way I would absolutely want him to lose his position and pay a steep penalty.

His decision to sell the team at this juncture is tantamount to an admission of guilt, but there is no indication that the investigation will halt because of this decision....nor should it.

If he is guilty of what he is accused he may still hold on to his wealth but a public shaming IS necessary.

This isn't the same as the Sterling situation AT ALL so no idea why you are bringing that up..

Old 12-19-2017, 01:13 PM

17,435 posts, read 15,007,222 times
Quote:

Private beliefs, when you're running a public company are problematic.

Now, rebel flag on a lunchbox.. Yeah.. That, to me, is so minor as to be nothing.

But.. When you're the president/owner/muckity-muck of a company, and you're throwing views out disparaging a certain group.. Who might be in your employ as well.. Who's to say that in your mind you're not making promotion/hiring decisions based on those beliefs? Which, I certainly hope that we agree that doing that would without question be wrong.

I agree with you that at times.. Things go too far. Richardson and Sterling, one piece that i'd use to defend them is that they're still from a generation where.. Usage of the "N" Bomb was far more common in that time. My grandmother died 10 years ago and she still used the term "Colored", which is frowned upon today. we could also bring Marge Schott into this.. She was also forced out for much the same reasons.

Old 12-19-2017, 01:24 PM
Status: ""...I wrote it down, now I follow thru..."" (set 26 days ago)

5,776 posts, read 5,543,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Do a little research....

Richardson isn't being "deprived" of his team solely for a racial slur and this isn't about "social justice" vultures attacking..

https://www.si.com/jerry-richardson-...nt-racial-slur

Richardson has a documented history of inappropriate sexual behavior towards women under his employ.

He doesn't get a "pass" because he is wealthy or an octogenarian.....he has abused his position of power and if the investigation continues to bear this out he should be taken to task.

As a husband and father to 3 daughters, if he treated my wife or daughters this way I would absolutely want him to lose his position and pay a steep penalty.

His decision to sell the team at this juncture is tantamount to an admission of guilt, but there is no indication that the investigation will halt because of this decision....nor should it.

If he is guilty of what he is accused he may still hold on to his wealth but a public shaming IS necessary.

This isn't the same as the Sterling situation AT ALL so no idea why you are bringing that up..
Agreed completely, and I have no clue why a man with at least a quarter-cebtury of questionable behavior is being defended so staunchly. It makes me question the defender's own morals...

Sure, he can believe any way he wants to believe about anything. His wealth doesn't excuse that he doesn't get to just say and do whatever he wants; his position actually demands that he behaves at the highest levels of integrity. You can't call people out of their name. You can't touch women unwarranted. I don't give a damn how old or rich he is, this entitled behavior and the defense if such because they are his own personal feelings is reprehensible and he should be derided for it...

Old 12-19-2017, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post

Blue, hi.. I do believe this is all happening because of the racial slur. The sexual harassment issue is added for additional ammunition against Richardson. The racial slur incident was already adjudicated, the victim accepted a settlement. If the victim accepted a settlement, why is that not enough for the $ocial-Just Us warriors (?) It's their sense of unsatisfied, unforgiving justice that is underwriting the attack on Richardson.

Respectfully, I already explained why I believe Sterling's media lynching was the same as Richardson's. It's about $ocial-Just Us outrage over the racial attitudes of these two men. The $ocial justice Lilliputians want anyone they disagree with shamed & retired. They have no forgiveness, and seek a transfer of power, strictly along racial lines.
Do u anticipate the NFL publicly advocating for an ethnic-minority ownership group to purchase the Panthers (?) I believe that this is what this coup is about. And women will be placed in positions of power thru the Panthers front office. My opinion, it's all about divestment & redistribution of power away from the despised good ol boys, & putting them (selectively) on notice, it has nothing to do with objective justice.. Peace.

Old 12-19-2017, 05:02 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,032,944 times
Sadly, if I respond to this ultra-conservative, sounds like hate filled, ignorance, this thread will be closed.

Old 12-19-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Agreed completely, and I have no clue why a man with at least a quarter-cebtury of questionable behavior is being defended so staunchly. It makes me question the defender's own morals... he doesn't get to just say and do whatever he wants;...
Murk, Your post confirms what I'm speculating on..

You make slanderous, blanket generalizations.. That anyone who defends Richardson's due process has questionable morals.. You overlook my broad point, which is not a defense of Richardson personally. It's that I resent self-righteous social media mobs.. who can turn their ire on anyone now. Because most everybody naively accepts their moral authority..

And you're admitting.. you don't believe ppl in America should say what they want. That's exactly how the totalitarian, $ocial-Just Us mob feels. They have to approve everyone's feelings & utterances, or else that person can lose their income and/or everything they worked for.. peace.

Old 12-19-2017, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Sadly, if I respond to this ultra-conservative, sounds like hate filled, ignorance, this thread will be closed.
Yawn.. you're another psychic who can see in to everyone's heart. And glibly slander them, and pass moral judgment on them.. Instead of respectfully debating principle. Again, par for the course. Anyone who disagrees with the $ocial Just-Us mob is ignorant < (the same, tired, dismissive slander used over & over & over).
I've followed the reporting, show me specifically what facts I'm ignorant of.. (?) I admit I may have missed some breaking developments.

Old 12-20-2017, 10:51 AM
Status: ""...I wrote it down, now I follow thru..."" (set 26 days ago)

5,776 posts, read 5,543,823 times
Quote:
And you're admitting.. you don't believe ppl in America should say what they want.
Uh, that's not what I said...

What I said was that Richardson's position as an owner of a franchise in one of the elite money-generating machines in America has a responsibility to act in a manner that doesn't disgrace, demean, belittle, disrespect, hurt, harm, endanger others, he has responsibility to act in a manner that doesn't embarrass himself or the people who work for him or the organization he represents or the entity he's fortunate enough to be a member of...

I specifically said he can privately feel how he wants to feel, I don't care. When he irresponsibly put himself in a position that publicly expressed his less-than-commendable personal beliefs, he's opened himself up to the backlash and potential stain to his reputation. Wht should I feel sorry for him? And here's the thing, this isn't a new thing for "Mister" Richardson. For decades he's been an expert at sweeping his indiscretions under the rug and keeping them quiet, wearing the face that paints him as a jovial, equality-driven old man. When the sheepskin comes off and exposes people for who they really are, the general public has no obligation to kiss his ass...

I don't know what your beef is with "social media mobs", being that you're a frequent contributor to a social media, but regardless of that, it's more of the traditional media in general crucifying him. I'm not sure why you believe people should just shut up and let him be, yet hypocritically Richardson should be entitled to say whatever he wants. How does that work?

Old 12-20-2017, 05:40 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,189,030 times
Quote:
Yawn.. you're another psychic who can see in to everyone's heart. And glibly slander them, and pass moral judgment on them.. Instead of respectfully debating principle. Again, par for the course. Anyone who disagrees with the $ocial Just-Us mob is ignorant < (the same, tired, dismissive slander used over & over & over).
I've followed the reporting, show me specifically what facts I'm ignorant of.. (?) I admit I may have missed some breaking developments.
If you have been following the reporting, why are you assuming Richardson is being driven out for the 1(one) reported pay out for a racial slur and not the Multiple (more than one ) pay outs for inappropriate sexual remarks/contact??

Have you read the write up and allegations in the SI report?? Pretty well documented at this point so hardly slander....

He has clearly been trying to cover up his mis steps over the years with payoffs to silence those who might have sullied his reputation....well now those chickens have come home to roost and his response is to sell the team and get out of Dodge...pretty clear who the guilty party is here and its not "social justice warriors"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football