U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 07:05 AM

11,722 posts, read 11,540,543 times

Advertisements

I'm going to pick against the Packers! I want to raise my total! I did pick the Browns, want them to win one game!

Colts @ Ravens
Vikings
@ Packers
Rams @ Titans
Bills @ Patriots
Browns
@ Bears
Falcons @ Saints
Lions
@ Bengals
Buccaneers @ Panthers
Dolphins @ Chiefs
Broncos @ Redskins
Chargers
@ Jets
Jaguars @ 49ers
Seahawks @ Cowboys
Giants @ Cardinals
Steelers
@ Texans
Raiders @ Eagles

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Best Wishes for the New Year, too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2017, 07:21 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,119,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I'm going to pick against the Packers! I want to raise my total! I did pick the Browns, want them to win one game!

Colts @ Ravens
Vikings
@ Packers
Rams @ Titans
Bills @ Patriots
Browns
@ Bears
Falcons @ Saints
Lions
@ Bengals
Buccaneers @ Panthers
Dolphins @ Chiefs
Broncos @ Redskins
Chargers
@ Jets
Jaguars @ 49ers
Seahawks @ Cowboys
Giants @ Cardinals
Steelers
@ Texans
Raiders @ Eagles

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Best Wishes for the New Year, too!
Yep, Susan... the awful things we homers do sometimes, right? I've been agonizing with Arizona's inconsistent, cardiac Cards for a long while now!

Old 12-20-2017, 10:07 AM

10,674 posts, read 11,076,186 times
I think this is the best this group has done collectively. Here's my results so far:

week 1: 9-6
Week 2: 13-3
Week 3: 7-9
Week 4: 10-6
Week 5: 7-7
Week 6: 6-8
Week 7: 13-2
Week 8: 12-1
Week 9: 8-5
Week 10: 10-4
Week 11: 6-8
Week 12: 12-4
Week 13: 12-4
Week 14: 9-7
Week 15: 12-4
Total: 146-78

My picks for week 16:

Colts @ Ravens: Ravens
Vikings @ Packers: Vikings (Tough one to pick. Packers are eliminated but would love to put on a show for the home crowd and damage the Vikings seeding chances.)
Lions @ Bengals: Lions
Dolphins @ Chiefs: Chiefs
Bills @ Patriots: Patriots
Browns @ Bears: Bears (If the Browns plan on avoiding 0-16 they need this one. Their last game is @ Steelers, and the Steelers will likely still be playing for HFA. Not to mention if the Browns go in at 0-15 the Steelers aren't going to let themselves be the only team that gets beat by them. This raises another question: will members of the 2008 Lions start a champagne celebration every time a team goes 0-16?)
Buccaneers @ Panthers: Panthers
Falcons @ Saints: Saints
Broncos @ Redskins: Broncos (I wish I knew who was starting for the Broncos. I think if Osweiler starts the Broncos win it. If Lynch goes I think the Broncos lose.)
Rams @ Titans: Rams
Chargers @ Jets: Chargers
Jaguars @ 49ers: Jaguars
Seahawks @ Cowboys: Cowboys (Bonus prediction: Seahawks players will make a$$es of themselves as this game winds down and their post season hopes die with it.)
Giants @ Cardinals: Cardinals
Steelers @ Texans: Steelers
Raiders @ Eagles: Eagles

Old 12-20-2017, 12:43 PM

4,879 posts, read 3,971,136 times
Default Merry Christmas to YOU !

HO HO HO or if you want MEOW MEOW MEOW

The season is almost over, and mostly already so for the big cat. We are packing up for a winter trip. So I likely will not watch any more games until the playoffs. That being said, I hope each of you has a very Merry Christmas and enjoys your holiday, your festivities, your long winters nap if you choose, and of course, the games.

Colts @ RAVENS Someone send the Coats a Raven in a Pear Tree because that is about the best thing they will get this weekend.

VIKINGS @ Packers
The Midwinter Feast lasted twelve days which is where our modern twelve days of Christmas comes from. The Vikings made sure to honor their Gods with traditions, feasting, and religious rituals. One of their rituals required a sacrificial wild boar to the god Frey of fertility and farming in hopes for a productive season.
Hard to Pick against the PAck at home, but harder to pick against the Vikings who are playing for home field advantage.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A SUPER BOWL REMATCH
RAMS @ Titans
Remember this one ?

The last play of the Super Bowl.....the Titans would have won, but they were stopped at the 2 yard line as time expired.
__________________________________________________ _______________________

Bill' s Buffaloes @ PATRIOTS Grumpy cat wants both to lose. But since Robert Kraft probably owns most of the North Pole, Santa Goodell will grant the Patriots a win.

Browns @ BEARS
The Browns are singing "All I want for Christmas is the first round pick"

Falcons @ SAINTS Brees wins at home.

LIONS @ Bengals Stafford needs to justify that 4.3 Billion dollar contract by at least getting his team into the playoffs.

Succaneers @ PINK PANTHERS Panthers owner gets coal, Cam Newton get win, and the Pirates are done for the year.

My Finz @ CHIEFS The winner of this division may have a 9-7 record
but Merry CHristmas

**********************A SUPER BOWL REMATCH
Broncos @ REDSKINS After the game, go on a tour and see the White House Decorations. While there, John Elway will ask President trump to FIRE the coach on his behalf, because no one says "You're Fired" as well as Trump.
The Redskins won the Super Bowl against the Broncos and will win this one too.

HOMELESS CHARGERS @ Jets The Jets may be done for the year.

JAGUARS @ 4&10ers So might the Boys from 'Frisco Bay. Looking at the Spotted Cats, there is a lesson here to be learned by several team owners. Make a plan, stick with it and end up building a good team.

SEAHAWKS @ Cowboys I echo the sentiment of the season, which is shared by many, at this time of the year, which is that we all wish for Peace on Earth, and for the Cowboys to LOSE !

Giants @ PESKY RED BIRDS While some teams are accused of losing for a better draft pick, Arians hates losing no matter what. The Giants though seem to hate winning...they don't do it much.

STEELERS @ Texans Remember when year after year the Steelers would come to Houston and stomp the Oilers? This time, it's the Texican's turn.

As the Christmas snow begins to fall
❅❅❅
❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅
❅ ❅ ❅ ❅❅❅
❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅
❅ ❅ ❅ ❅❅❅
❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅
❅ ❅ ❅ ❅❅❅ ❅❅❅
❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅
❅ ❅ ❅
❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅
❅ ❅ ❅
THE LAST SUPER BOWL REMATCH OF THE 2017 REGULAR SEASON (fyi Jets play the Colts next year)

Raiders @ EAGLES
The Raiders beat the Eagles in the Super Bowl and became, I recall, the first ever wild card team to win the Super Bowl, guided by Tom Flores and Jim Plunkett. I also remember watching TV with my parents, and my dad said that the Raiders were going to win the Super Bowl. Being a former football player himself, I guess he saw something in the Raiders that looked good. And/or perhaps he knew what many of us know now: The teams that finish strongest will often outperform the others.
Either way, the Raiders had a chance this year and blew it. maybe next year.

It will be an interesting post season. The Old School teams...Rams Vikings Eagles will vie for the NFC title, along with probably three teams from the NFC South (who are not named after pirates)
In the AFC it will be the Patriots. Yet Again. Would love to see someone besides them or the Broncos in it.
SO as I mentioned, I am off for the Holidays and will hopefully be no where near a computer (other than to get a weather report or to rent skis) so here are my week 17 predictions (And please note that I am throwing caution into the wind by doing this) as I have no idea who will or wont play

Packers at LIONS
JAGUARS at Titans
Bill's Buffaloes at MY FINZ
Bengals at RAVENS Marvin Lewis gets sent home from Sundays game with a pink slip in hand.
Bears at VIKINGS
PANTHERS at Falcons
TEXANS at Colts
SAINTS at Succaneers After the game, Pirates coach Koetter gets tied up and hoisted onto the Pirate Ship as the fans and team mutiny. He will be there for a few hours until they decide what to do with him . Chuck Pagano shows up and offers to take command of the ship just as it sinks.......

Brownies at STEELERS The Browns have enough heart to at least wait until Monday to fire Jackson.

Jets at PATRIOTS. If it were not for the fact that the Jets have revenge on their mind and have no chance, I would pick them in an upset.

Redskins at GIANTS football Giants win one for the Spagnuolo Then he applies to work in Tampa as well.

Cowboys at EAGLES I predict that the Cowboys season ended last week, so this loss will just be another eyedore for the fans of Big D
Jason Garrett is really a joke as a coach, too.

Raiders at Homeless CHARGERS How safe is Jack Del Rios job? Ask me Tuesday

Pesky Red Birds at SEAHAWKS Last chance for a wildcard for Carroll and Company

49ers at RAMS

CHIEFS at Broncos As I write this, watch the Chiefs lose and still get a 9-7 playoff berth

Old 12-20-2017, 10:11 PM

19,983 posts, read 18,910,163 times
Week 15: 14-2
2017 Regular Season: 143-81

Picks
  • Indianapolis Colts (3-11) at Baltimore Ravens (8-6)
  • Minnesota Vikings (11-3) at Green Bay Packers (7-7)
  • Detroit Lions (8-6) at Cincinnati Bengals (5-9)
  • Miami Dolphins (6-8) at Kansas City Chiefs (8-6)
  • Buffalo Bills (8-6) at New England Patriots (11-3)
  • Cleveland Browns (0-14) at Chicago Bears (4-10)
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-10) at Carolina Panthers (10-4)
  • Atlanta Falcons (9-5) at New Orleans Saints (10-4)
  • Denver Broncos (5-9) at Washington Redskins (6-8)
  • Los Angeles Rams (10-4) at Tennessee Titans (8-6)
  • Los Angeles Chargers (7-7) at New York Jets (5-9)
  • Jacksonville Jaguars (10-4) at San Francisco 49ers (4-10)
  • Seattle Seahawks (8-6) at Dallas Cowboys (8-6)
  • New York Giants (2-12) at Arizona Cardinals (6-8)
  • Pittsburgh Steelers (11-3) at Houston Texans (4-10)
  • Oakland Raiders (6-8) at Philadelphia Eagles (12-2)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Carolina Panthers

The Panthers can take the lead in the NFC South with a win against the Buccaneers and a Saints loss against the Falcons.

Atlanta Falcons at New Orleans Saints

The Saints should not take the Falcons lightly. The Falcons have been dominating the Saints for awhile.

Denver Broncos at Washington Redskins

The Redskins are better on offense and passing. They have not been consistent.

The Broncos are better on defense and rushing.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:51 AM

6,776 posts, read 10,171,524 times
Ravens
Vikings
Lions
Bears
Chargers
Rams
Panthers
Saints
Broncos
Chiefs
Patriots
49ers
Cardinals
Cowboys
Steelers
Eagles

Old 12-21-2017, 09:01 PM

433 posts, read 248,091 times
Went 12-4 last week, although I was having problems logging on and couldn't post. I play this same game on another forum and just copy my picks over so that I have the same record on each site. I believe I'm 152-72 overall this year.

IND AT BAL - BAL
MIN AT GB - MIN
DET AT CIN - DET
LAC AT NYJ - LAC
LAR AT TEN - LAR
CLE AT CHI - CHI
TB AT CAR - CAR
ATL AT NO - NO
DEN AT WAS - WAS
MIA AT KC - KC
BUF AT NE - NE
JAX AT SF - JAX
NYG AT AZ - NYG
SEA AT DAL - SEA
PIT AT HOU - PIT
OAK AT PHI - PHI

Old 12-21-2017, 09:39 PM

6,837 posts, read 7,893,740 times
Colts at Ravens
Vikings at Packers
Rams at Titans
Bills at Patriots
Browns at Bears
Falcons at Saints
Lions at Bengals
Buccaneers at Panthers
Dolphins at Chiefs
Broncos at Redskins
Chargers at Jets
Jaguars at 49ers
Seahawks at Cowboys
Giants at Cardinals
Steelers at Texans
Raiders at Eagles

Tough weeks for picks. Next to last week of the season. Some teams playing for pride, others for a playoff spot or seeding. Unlike in Week 17, no teams should be resting starters this week. This is the last regular season week of pure high throttle football. As with most weeks, my picks are not necessarily who I want to win, but who I think will win. I would actually be okay with some serious upsets this week, primarily Baltimore, New England, Chicago, Detroit, and Chargers losing.

Last week: 13-3
Season: 145-79

Old 12-22-2017, 08:31 AM

4,291 posts, read 1,855,533 times
Saturday
Colts at Ravens
Vikings at Packers

Sunday
Rams at Titans
Bills at Patriots
Browns at Bears
Falcons at Saints
Lions at Bengals
Buccaneers at Panthers
Dolphins at Chiefs
Broncos at Redskins
Chargers at Jets
Jaguars at 49ers
Seahawks at Cowboys
Giants at Cardinals

Monday (Merry Christmas)

Steelers at Texans
Raiders at Eagles

Old 12-22-2017, 09:15 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,119,337 times
NFL 2017 WEEK 16 PICKS:

“Oh, by gosh, by golly… it’s time for mistletoe and holly!" Hey, pigskin pickers! Hitch up the sleigh horses! We’re going on a Sweet Week 16 ride! Merry Christmas from Colt! 😊

Saturday Dec 23:
Indy @ Baltimore – Ravens deck the halls with painted ponies!
Minnesota @ Green Bay – NFC North bells will be ringing!

Sunday Dec 24 (Christmas Eve - early games):
Cleveland @ Chicago “…and a Brown-ie in a Bear tree!”
Detroit @ Cincy – Lions stuff the Bengals’ stockings!
La Rams @ Tennessee – Rams a-leapin’ over the prancing Mariotas
Miami @ Kansas City – If a Tannenbaum falls in KC, will a Dolphin be under it?
Buffalo @ New England – Could Five Gold Rings turn into SIX this Season?
Atlanta @ Nawlins“Hark! The herald Saints sing…!”
LA Chargers @ NY Jets – Will Bolts find a lump of coal in a New York stocking?
Denver @ Washington – NEVER look a gift horse in the mouth!
Tampa Bay @ Carolina – NFC South: Panthers deliver numerous lumps to the Bucs!

(Late Games):
Jacksonville @ 49ers – “Better watch out! Better not cry… Jacksonville is coming to town!”
Squawks @ Jerry’s World“Gonna find out who’s naughty - or nice!”
NY Giants @ Arizona – Eli draws Drew Stanton for the Secret Santa gift!
(No Evening Game):

Monday Dec 25 (Christmas Day):
Pittsburgh @ Texans – Steelers have themselves a Merry Little Scrimmage in Houston!
Oakland @ Eagles – Will Santa Nick rest on Christmas Day?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or