U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 07:03 PM

2,977 posts, read 3,968,066 times

Advertisements

11-3 with Christmas Day to go. I also picked Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.

Still can't figure out why Coach B gave up Grappolo......guy has been a rock star since his first game in San Francisco!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2017, 07:08 PM

2,275 posts, read 3,177,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
11-3 with Christmas Day to go. I also picked Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.

Still can't figure out why Coach B gave up Grappolo......guy has been a rock star since his first game in San Francisco!
Somehow, I don't think it was a Belichick decision (i.e. Kraft). He always goes with the long-term interest of his team in mind.

I am really impressed with what Garappolo has accomplished so far. Having mentioned that but I imagine most Patriots fans still have a sick feeling in their stomach at the possible expense of mortgaging their future, even if they're fans of Brady.

Old 12-24-2017, 07:13 PM

6,779 posts, read 10,187,780 times
11-3 with PIT and PHI to go.

Old 12-24-2017, 07:36 PM

8,702 posts, read 11,952,556 times
11-3. Steelers and Eagles to go.

Old 12-24-2017, 07:51 PM

578 posts, read 763,856 times
12-2 so far in week 16. 🎅🏻

Old 12-24-2017, 09:24 PM

9,423 posts, read 17,423,501 times
I'm at 10-4. After making my initial picks last night I wasn't too rushed so looked them over... and changed two of the games. Missed them both.

Old 12-25-2017, 12:41 PM

6,551 posts, read 4,505,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Overall 136-88 thanks to Calico. No clue what I was last week, maybe she can figure that out for me too

For today: Ravens & Vikings. With the Packers officially eliminated it goes back to Brett Hundley for next 2 weeks, and purple people eaters are licking their chops. Ravens SHOULD beat the Colts by at least 2 touchdowns, emphasis on should, but why do I have a really bad feeling about this game??
Quote:
Rams at Titans. Titans have their last 2 games at home, and the Rams traveling cross-country the West Coast team playing the 1 PM game with a 12 local start coming off the big win due for a let down.
Bills at Patriots. Had the Ravens lost I may think about taking the Bills, but since they won I'll take the Pats.
Browns at Bears. Battle of the unemployed coaches as both coaches will be unemployed next week. By the way, is Hue Jackson the worst coach in NFL history??
Falcons at Saints. Saints really should have won a couple weeks ago in Atlanta, and won't lose at home in N'awlins.
Lions at Bengals. I really don't like picking the Lions on the road, but man the Bengals have thrown in the towel on the season if the Bears game last weekend was any indication. Lions should devour them.
Buccaneers at Panthers. Panthers keep pace in the NFC South, and if the Saints lose to the Falcons again we would have a 3 way tie atop the division
Dolphins at Chiefs. Chiefs have seemed to find their footing.
Broncos at Redskins. Woof! Who the hell knows??
Chargers at Jets. Chargers, who started slow out of the gate, rebounded from an 0-4 start to tie for the division lead and had a second half implosion at Kansas City last weekend which effectively ended their season. Traveling cross country, even with Bryce Petty starting, I think the Jets take this one.

I'll get the 4 PM Sunday games and the 2 Monday games in the afternoon.
Quote:
Cards, Jags, Cowboys in the 4 PM games.

Cards/Giants what an awful game to have to sit through,
Garappolo has been playing great, but the Jags defense will really be the first good defense heís gone up against.
Cowboys get Zeke back and this looks like itís it for the Seahawks.
Steelers @ Texans. Steelers should bounce back from the Pats loss as the Texans are strictly playing for draft position at this point.
Raiders @ Eagles. Eagles will officially eliminate the Raiders from playoff position, if they aren't eliminated from that already.

Old 12-25-2017, 08:28 PM

2,157 posts, read 2,685,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
Somehow, I don't think it was a Belichick decision (i.e. Kraft). He always goes with the long-term interest of his team in mind.

I am really impressed with what Garappolo has accomplished so far. Having mentioned that but I imagine most Patriots fans still have a sick feeling in their stomach at the possible expense of mortgaging their future, even if they're fans of Brady.
Especially after Brady retires and no real replacement to carry Pats to a new era. As a 49ers fan, it was sad to see Joe Montana go but there is no regret that the 49ers made the right decision to pick Steve Young over Joe Montana. With the decision to go younger, it extended our dynasty years longer.

Old 12-25-2017, 08:54 PM

2,275 posts, read 3,177,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calnbs View Post
Especially after Brady retires and no real replacement to carry Pats to a new era. As a 49ers fan, it was sad to see Joe Montana go but there is no regret that the 49ers made the right decision to pick Steve Young over Joe Montana. With the decision to go younger, it extended our dynasty years longer.
Well, I suppose a Merry Christmas to you all from Belichick is in order?

Old 12-25-2017, 10:28 PM

9,423 posts, read 17,423,501 times
12-4 for the week, again.

155-85 for the season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or