U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 11:00 AM

4,900 posts, read 3,986,809 times

Advertisements

Week 16 has 3 count em' THREE Super Bowl Rematches

No More Thursday night games !!!!!!

Saturday
Colts at Ravens
Vikings at Packers

Sunday
Rams at Titans
Bills at Patriots
Browns at Bears
Falcons at Saints
Lions at Bengals
Buccaneers at Panthers
Dolphins at Chiefs
Broncos at Redskins
Chargers at Jets
Jaguars at 49ers
Seahawks at Cowboys
Giants at Cardinals

Monday (Merry Christmas)

Steelers at Texans
Raiders at Eagles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2017, 01:12 PM

4,325 posts, read 2,270,043 times
At least Thursday night games are done for the year. They need to put an end to them for good.

Anyways, with that said, my picks for this week are:
Ravens
Vikings
Rams
Patriots
Bears
Saints
Bengals
Panthers
Chiefs
Redskins
Jets
Jaguars
Seahawks
Cardinals
Texans
Eagles

Merry Christmas to all posters on city data!

Old 12-19-2017, 03:10 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,061,700 times
I'm relieved the Thursday night games are done since I think I only got like 4 Thursday games right all season.

Saturday
Colts at Ravens-Ravens still have a really good shot of making the playoffs while the Colts are hoping for some Luck next season.

Vikings at Packers-I hate picking against the Pack in their last home game of the season, but it's kind of a no-brainer since Rodgers is out, the Pack are out of playoff contention, and the Vikes are rolling right now. Minnesota has a good chance of getting home-field advantage throughout the playoffs en route to the Super Bowl in Minneapolis. It could turn into a real special season for them.

Sunday
Rams at Titans-Rams are legit. I regret not picking them last week. Yes, I remember the Titans are still in playoff contention, but I saw my dumpster-fire 49ers beat them last week. And I saw the Cardinals beat them the week before that. It seems like they're in a slump, and Mariota is clearly not 100%. The bright side is they have 2 home games remaining. Maybe they can rally and do it for their fans, but I just don't think they have the firepower to hang with Goff, Gurley, and company.

Bills at Patriots-Patriots won't be satisfied until they have the number 1 seed locked up. Besides they own the Bills who are destined for another 9-7 season. 9-7 could get them in the playoffs this year though.

Browns at Bears-History repeats itself. Browns won last year in Week 16 on December 24th. This game will also be on December 24th. This is the only day of the year they win football games, and I predict the Browns will give their poor fans another Christmas present by defeating Da Bad News Bears. Come on, Browns! You can do it.

Falcons at Saints-I have no clue why I'm going with Atlanta here. Saints are playing better football right now. It's just a gut feeling. I can't imagine the reigning NFC champs not making the playoffs.

Lions at Bengals-Matt Stafford and Jim Bob Cooter go crazy as they fight for their playoff lives in Marvin Lewis's final home game. Bengals seem to be phoning it in now.

Buccaneers at Panthers -Cam will definitely smoke a Winston! The question is will they win by a score of 31-24 like they have the last two weeks.

Dolphins at Chiefs-I still believe that the Chiefs will be the playoff representative from the AFC West as they put a dagger in Miami's playoff hopes.

Broncos at Redskins-Kirk Cousins is still playing for a few more zeros on next season's contract. Broncos have a chance here if Osweiler plays as well as he did against the Colts.

Chargers at Jets-Chargers still have a chance to make the playoffs, and I haven't picked the Jets for weeks now.

Jaguars at 49ers-I predicted my Niners would go 4-12 this season. San Fran is at 4 wins right now. Now that we got Jimmy G. I think we can 4 wins in a row and beat a very good Jags team. Yes, this may be a throwaway pick, but I'll be the only getting it right if it happens.

Seahawks at Cowboys-This is the do or die game of the week. The loser is eliminated from playoff contention. Seahawks have been playing terrible lately and letting me down. I don't think they're going to win this with Zeke coming back, BUT I can't pick the Cowboys and hope that Wilson and company show up this week. I would love to see Dallas get eliminated on their home field.

Giants at Cardinals-I'll take the cardiac Cards at home since the Giants are a dumpster fire.
Monday (Merry Christmas)

Steelers at Texans-Steelers play to their level of competition, so this will be closer than it should be, but the killer B's will secure home-field advantage. Hopefully they'll get a rematch against the Patriots in the playoffs and beat them.

Raiders at Eagles-I still think the Eagles will fly with Foles and get the number 1 seed in the NFC. It could be a tough road ahead in the playoffs though.

Last edited by maniac77; 12-19-2017 at 03:37 PM..

Old 12-19-2017, 03:27 PM

And Maniac, I'm relieved that the London/Mexico City games are done as well. How about you?

Old 12-19-2017, 03:38 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,061,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
And Maniac, I'm relieved that the London/Mexico City games are done as well. How about you?
Absolutely!

Old 12-19-2017, 04:13 PM

And the thing is, Thursday night games don't work well because it never allows each team to recover from injuries. If the NFL insists on keeping them, then they need to do two things:
1. Give each participant a full week off, that way so teams can recover from injuries.
2. Each team plays in it once.

The opening kickoff game and Detroit/Dallas Thanksgiving games are perfectly fine, but other games, they need to go.

As for the London Games/Mexico City games, well, I don't have much to say on them. It's dumb and it would be an absolute disaster if London or Mexico City gets an NFL franchise, especially London.

Plus, the other thing I get bothered is that they may expand the playoffs in the near future. The ONLY way that works is getting more expansion franchises which is NOT going to happen. Adding more teams in the playoffs will create terrible matchups which shows me why Roger Goodell is the greediest commissioner in American sports. The NFL have the best playoff system followed by MLB. NBA postseason, IMO, is way too long which is why the college basketball tournaments are far better than NBA postseason IMO anyways.

Old 12-19-2017, 07:20 PM

8,702 posts, read 11,965,358 times
Colts at Ravens
Vikings at Packers
Rams at Titans
Bills at Patriots
Browns at Bears
Falcons at Saints
Lions at Bengals
Buccaneers at Panthers
Dolphins at Chiefs
Broncos at Redskins
Chargers at Jets
Jaguars at 49ers
Seahawks at Cowboys
Giants at Cardinals
Steelers at Texans
Raiders at Eagles

Old 12-19-2017, 07:37 PM

I said it before but I'll say it again:

Merry Christmas posters! I hope you enjoy the holiday spending time with friends, shopping, opening presents, and especially football!

Old 12-19-2017, 08:34 PM

6,783 posts, read 10,194,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
I said it before but I'll say it again:

Merry Christmas posters! I hope you enjoy the holiday spending time with friends, shopping, opening presents, and especially football!
Merry Christmas to you as well Jonathan and to all of the others who celebrate! Enjoy!

Old 12-19-2017, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Merry Christmas to you as well Jonathan and to all of the others who celebrate! Enjoy!
Thanks, Calico! It's always to have a holly, jolly Christmas, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or