Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 10:40 AM

17,930 posts, read 27,342,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
My opinion, this league will fail, whether intended or not, but will destroy the NFL too, intended, and I'm fine with it. F the nFl. I'll put the f in the nfl.
... And F the NFL some more even still.

F the Nfl in a boat, f the nfl on a mote...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2018, 03:12 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,004,676 times
The AAF will kill the XFL.. If I saw correctly the AAF already has a contract with CBS and its cable station and other media outlets.. As of now the XFL has nothing, so watch it be delegated to WWE Network.. Who would order WWE network to watch a third rate football league?? Vince needs to combine his efforts with the AAF or give up. But he's too stubborn to give up.. He still thinks he is running the WWE well and is not.. He made them a giant monster that is almost impossible to not make money on but the product is the worst its probably been ever from a quality and creative standpoint..

Old 07-22-2018, 06:21 PM

1,542 posts, read 1,510,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calnbs View Post
I would love to have the XFL back. I still believe that not everyone is great enough to play in the NFL but would be good enough to be in some type of league besides what is currently available. But they need to get better talent and treat it as a real football league.
The Canadian Football League

Old 07-22-2018, 06:25 PM

1,542 posts, read 1,510,844 times
I do actually think a competition to the NFL... Scratch that.. Not COMPETITION.. A sort of "Minor League" NFL could work. Not competing against the NFL, but a supplement to it.

It would have to be a spring/summer league. they couldn't market it like they did before. Cut out the focus on sex and violence (Concussion protocols would eliminate most of the violence)

But.. Guys who aren't making an NFL roster but aren't BAD players.. This would give them a home, and some hope of proving themselves to make an NFL roster. Treat it as something of a feeder league. Quasi-work with the NFL. Have differences in rules, make it unique but similar.

McMahon is a competitor. I don't think he would settle for second best, so a "minor" league system he would reject.

Old 11-29-2018, 03:52 PM

17,443 posts, read 15,025,233 times
Cities will be announced on December 5th.

I know everyone is anxiously awaiting news about this league..

Old 12-05-2018, 04:19 PM

And here they are..

New York/New Jersey, Dallas, Houston, LA, St Louis, Seattle, Tampa Bay and Washington DC

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...aign=editorial

Old 12-10-2018, 02:41 PM

15,694 posts, read 6,402,888 times
Can we get Seattle removed from the league? I hate the idea of the Sounders having to play on a field with American Football yard markers. Hope the XFL flops quickly.

Old 12-10-2018, 03:10 PM

5,920 posts, read 6,420,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
And here they are..

New York/New Jersey, Dallas, Houston, LA, St Louis, Seattle, Tampa Bay and Washington DC

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...aign=editorial
Well, maybe there will be at least one interesting football team in D.C. to cheer for.

Old 12-10-2018, 03:14 PM

5,920 posts, read 6,420,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hickoryfan View Post
I do actually think a competition to the NFL... Scratch that.. Not COMPETITION.. A sort of "Minor League" NFL could work. Not competing against the NFL, but a supplement to it.

It would have to be a spring/summer league. they couldn't market it like they did before. Cut out the focus on sex and violence (Concussion protocols would eliminate most of the violence)

But.. Guys who aren't making an NFL roster but aren't BAD players.. This would give them a home, and some hope of proving themselves to make an NFL roster. Treat it as something of a feeder league. Quasi-work with the NFL. Have differences in rules, make it unique but similar.

McMahon is a competitor. I don't think he would settle for second best, so a "minor" league system he would reject.
NFL Europe was supposed to be that supplement and eventually folded. Honestly, I loved watching NFL Europe. However, I think for the XFL to succeed, it cannot compete directly with college basketball, especially as it starts up a month before the major tournaments.

Old 12-10-2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
NFL Europe was supposed to be that supplement and eventually folded. Honestly, I loved watching NFL Europe. However, I think for the XFL to succeed, it cannot compete directly with college basketball, especially as it starts up a month before the major tournaments.

No question that only one of these new leagues will shake out and survive.. At most.

I think there's three of them starting, or trying to start up in the next few years. There's not the talent to spread out that much, I don't think. And I use talent loosely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football