U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2018, 07:21 PM

6,778 posts, read 10,180,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post

I was obviously refuting the 'all the chatter is about the Eagles winning!' claim.

How on Earth you possibly gleaned from that that I'm claiming the Patriots have already won is beyond me.

I stated that I think the Patriots will win. This means that I think they are more likely to win than to lose. This does not mean that I think there is no possibility they will lose. It shouldn't need to be explained to anyone that my aside that "I think the Patriots will win" doesn't mean "The Patriots can't lose!". But your reply proves that it, in fact, does need to be explained. At least to some people.

In fact, I wouldn't be particularly surprised if the Eagles win. I'd put their chances at about 40%. I am never surprised when a 5.5-point underdog wins. More often than not it doesn't happen, but it happens enough that it is not at all unusual. Anyway, it's too bad that the fact that I think the Patriots are more likely than the Eagles to win upsets you so much. Oh, well. Your problem, not mine.
I obviously misunderstood your sentiment. Mea culpa. The fact that the Patriots are "more likely" to win, does not upset me at all. The other two playoff teams were "more likely" to win as well.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:22 PM

8,702 posts, read 11,936,340 times
I think I speak for everyone who isnít a Patriots fan when I say itís time for new blood in the super bowl. The patriots cheating and winning by controversial calls every year, and yet still going to and winning the Super Bowl without punishment or repercussion is getting old.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:27 PM

3,723 posts, read 3,881,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
I think I speak for everyone who isnít a Patriots fan when I say itís time for new blood in the super bowl. The patriots cheating and winning by controversial calls every year, and yet still going to and winning the Super Bowl without punishment or repercussion is getting old.
So how did the Patriots "cheat" this year, or win by "controversial calls" this year?

Old 01-22-2018, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
So how did the Patriots "cheat" this year, or win by "controversial calls" this year?
Jaguars playoff game. Controversial calls. Refs celebrating with and congratulating Patriots on win.

Titans playoff game.

Steelers game.

Jets game.

Bills game.

Google my friend. The Patriots are the beneficiaries of multiple controversial calls, game after game, year after year.... and that’s if they’re not caught cheating too.

I would’ve rather seen Eagles vs. Jaguars, or even Vikings vs. Jaguars then the Patriots in another Super Bowl.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:36 PM

12,760 posts, read 8,806,763 times
Quote:
Jaguars playoff game. Controversial calls. Refs celebrating with and congratulating Patriots on win.

Titans playoff game.

Steelers game.

Jets game.

Bills game.

Google my friend. The Patriots are the beneficiaries of multiple controversial calls, game after game, year after year.... and thatís if theyíre not caught cheating too.

I wouldíve rather seen Eagles vs. Jaguars, or even Vikings vs. Jaguars then the Patriots in another Super Bowl.
It seems your extreme bitterness is actually clouding your supposed objectivity. Care to actually descibe this so called "cheating"?

Old 01-22-2018, 09:52 PM

3,330 posts, read 2,306,672 times
I predicted New England to win the Superb Owl way back in October. Not much of a reach though, it's not like the AFC has anyone BETTER.
Jags put up a great fight, but they are a bit weak offensively, and a bit young to deal with the pressure of a championship game in Foxborough vs. NE. Jacksonville winning yesterday would be the NFLs worst nightmare- from a popularity and potential ratings standpoint. No way was NE going to lose yesterday, unless Brady retired right before kickoff. The NFL NEEDS the Patriots IN the Superb Owl, them winning it is secondary.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:55 PM

5,721 posts, read 5,469,138 times
The Falcons were clear sacrificial lambs to the Patriots.

The Seahawks werenít and should have known better.

The Eagles seem to have some solid coaching. Can they please go over the fundamentals of the past two Patriots Super Bowls and memorize the really easy stuff not to do?

Old 01-22-2018, 11:59 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,511,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
lol

Old 01-23-2018, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
lol
Exactly.... lol at the people defending them.

Old 01-23-2018, 05:26 AM

4,985 posts, read 11,057,646 times
Quote:

Titans playoff game.

Steelers game.

Jets game.

Bills game.

Google my friend. The Patriots are the beneficiaries of multiple controversial calls, game after game, year after year.... and thatís if theyíre not caught cheating too.

I wouldíve rather seen Eagles vs. Jaguars, or even Vikings vs. Jaguars then the Patriots in another Super Bowl.
You know what adds to my enjoyment of my Patriots in competition for the Super Bowl year after year?

The bitter tears of irrational haters around the country....

Tissue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or