U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-28-2018, 01:04 PM
 
Location: Two Rivers, Wisconsin
11,729 posts, read 11,570,688 times
Reputation: 12484

Advertisements

I'll watch a little while to see what Daniels does, he is a high motor guy. The way this game is played it will be interesting to see what he does. The other Packer player is a WR so no issue there, but Daniels play defense.

 
Old 01-29-2018, 07:36 AM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,575 posts, read 15,504,246 times
Reputation: 11453
Good article to the keys to be effective against both teams.

Pro Bowlers explain what it's like to face Eagles, Pats
 
Old 01-29-2018, 07:36 AM
 
11,057 posts, read 3,777,797 times
Reputation: 5197
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Jerry Jones is nowhere close to Kraft as an owner. Jones let his ego get in the way and he ran Jimmy Johnson out of Dallas. Jimmy Johnson is the reason they won 3 Super Bowls as he built those teams. Barry Switzer came into a stacked roster that led Dallas to the title over Pittsburgh. Just look at what Dallas has accomplished over the last 22 season - nothing. No Super Bowl titles. No NFC titles. 3-9 in the playoffs. Kraft on the other hand has been a very hands-off owner and let his coaches do their thing.

please, Jimmy Johnson was overrated......The reason he won 2 SB because of the Hershel Walker trade with Minnesota which was the biggest steal in NFL history. With that trade deal and picks, Dallas got Emmit Smith, Alvin Harper, Darren Woodson, Russell Maryland and other key players that made them domminant in the early 90's...thank the idiots in the Viking organization....without them Dallas doesn't win 3 S.B.

Jimmy was a bust in Miami. Johnson inherited one of the NFL's best offenses, led by Hall of Fame quarterback Dan Marino but could never coach a good defense and quit after 3 seasons.

The Patriots make the whole league look bad.


Kraft is lucky to have Brady last so long, let Belichick run the show and play in a weak division. Let's see when Brady leaves or Belichick or both and let's see how Kraft does.
 
Old 01-29-2018, 09:58 AM
 
Location: Greensboro, NC
5,761 posts, read 4,248,995 times
Reputation: 3829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
please, Jimmy Johnson was overrated......The reason he won 2 SB because of the Hershel Walker trade with Minnesota which was the biggest steal in NFL history. With that trade deal and picks, Dallas got Emmit Smith, Alvin Harper, Darren Woodson, Russell Maryland and other key players that made them domminant in the early 90's...thank the idiots in the Viking organization....without them Dallas doesn't win 3 S.B.

Jimmy was a bust in Miami. Johnson inherited one of the NFL's best offenses, led by Hall of Fame quarterback Dan Marino but could never coach a good defense and quit after 3 seasons.

The Patriots make the whole league look bad.


Kraft is lucky to have Brady last so long, let Belichick run the show and play in a weak division. Let's see when Brady leaves or Belichick or both and let's see how Kraft does.
As a Redskins fan, I have to laugh every time someone mentions how overrated Jimmy Johnson was. I don't see how you can call a coach taking a team to multiple Super Bowl victories as overrated. A team's success is always dependent on several moving parts. It isn't all the coach and it isn't all the front office, nor is it all the quarterback. It is all dependent on each other. You have a front office who is able to bring the talent in, you have the coaching staff who knows how to evaluate and develop said talent, you have the coach who knows how to coach the team, and the quarterback who knows how to direct the offense. It's all connected. You take away any one of those aspects, the team will lack in success. Success, meaning, the Super Bowl. The Dallas Cowboys had the team in the 90's, from the front office down to the players. No denying that, and to assume any of those guys were overrated is laughable at best.

The Patriots just happen to hit upon the perfect storm with Brady and Belichick. Belichick is the de facto GM for the Patriots. Happens to be a heck of a coach as well. He knows what he needs in order for his system to work, and he uses those parts and gets rid of them before they are used up. But, he also happens to have a freak of a QB in Tom Brady. That helps a lot. I would probably say when Belichick and Brady leave, you'll see a very ordinary Patriots team.
 
Old 01-29-2018, 11:32 AM
 
929 posts, read 298,389 times
Reputation: 799
Jimmy Johnson didn't accomplish what Miami fans assumed he could do. He may be guilty of alienating his players, including Marino, with all his overreaction and immaturity at times over a bad performance or bad play. Having said that, he was a good coach when he was in Dallas and no different in Miami, except for getting too bent out of shape after all the spoils he was accustomed to in Dallas. Dolphin players laid down and did not play hard for Johsnon his last year, obvious most of all in his and Marino's last game, the 62-7 debacle vs Jacksonville.

He drafted Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor, fifth and third round draft picks who were obvious booms. Marino's skills were clearly deteriorating by the start of Johnson's tenure and the rest of the offensive talent was 'meh'. In fact a common myth was that Miami was ever an offensive juggernaut in the decade of the 90's.
 
Old 01-29-2018, 08:27 PM
 
Location: 912 feet above sea level
2,270 posts, read 886,454 times
Reputation: 12457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
please, Jimmy Johnson was overrated......The reason he won 2 SB because of the Hershel Walker trade with Minnesota which was the biggest steal in NFL history. With that trade deal and picks, Dallas got Emmit Smith, Alvin Harper, Darren Woodson, Russell Maryland and other key players that made them domminant in the early 90's...thank the idiots in the Viking organization....without them Dallas doesn't win 3 S.B.
What's so delusional about your post is the blithe assumption that high draft picks equate to star players. But anyone who has paid any attention at all to the NFL knows that's not true. Take Emmitt Smith. He was drafted 17th overall. This means that 16 teams passed on him. Six RBs were taken in the 1st round in 1990. Remember Rodney Hampton? He easily had the second-best career of the lot after Smith. But that's not saying much. He played eight seasons, and made a couple of Pro Bowls. Remember Blair Thomas? Andre Ware? Percy Snow? Chris Singleton? Keith McCants? No? Neither does the rest of the world. But they were all drafted ahead of Smith. People like you think 1st round picks are easy. They're not. The majority of 1st round NFL picks never make a single Pro Bowl. And one Pro Bowl is a pretty low metric. Or take Darren Woodson. He was a 2nd round pick in 1992. He made five Pro Bowls. Know how many 2nd round picks in 1992 made even a single Pro Bowl? Just 6 of 28. And only one of those other five made more than two Pro Bowls. Know who that was? Jimmy Smith. He also made five Pro Bowls. And he was drafted by... Dallas.

As for Russell Maryland? Hell, even 1st-overall picks are no sure thing. From 1986 thru 1996, only two of the eleven 1st-overall picks are in Canton. Maryland, and... Aikman. Both drafted by Dallas.

So spare us the absurd song and dance that talent just lands in your lap when you have high draft picks. It doesn't. If it did, teams like the Lions wouldn't suck perpetually. And teams like the Patriots and Steelers and Broncos wouldn't remain consistently good for decades on end. You have to draft well. And Dallas drafted extremely well when they were building the dynasty.
 
Old 01-29-2018, 08:30 PM
 
6,478 posts, read 3,474,605 times
Reputation: 10273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
please, Jimmy Johnson was overrated......The reason he won 2 SB because of the Hershel Walker trade with Minnesota which was the biggest steal in NFL history. With that trade deal and picks, Dallas got Emmit Smith, Alvin Harper, Darren Woodson, Russell Maryland and other key players that made them domminant in the early 90's...thank the idiots in the Viking organization....without them Dallas doesn't win 3 S.B.

Jimmy was a bust in Miami. Johnson inherited one of the NFL's best offenses, led by Hall of Fame quarterback Dan Marino but could never coach a good defense and quit after 3 seasons.

The Patriots make the whole league look bad.


Kraft is lucky to have Brady last so long, let Belichick run the show and play in a weak division. Let's see when Brady leaves or Belichick or both and let's see how Kraft does.
Who cares. Can't take 17 years of excellence, 12 AFC Championship appearances, going to their 8th Super Bowl. There has been NO dynasty like the Belichick/Brady one and may never be one again.
 
Old 01-29-2018, 08:41 PM
 
3,723 posts, read 3,890,179 times
Reputation: 2785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
please, Jimmy Johnson was overrated......The reason he won 2 SB because of the Hershel Walker trade with Minnesota which was the biggest steal in NFL history. With that trade deal and picks, Dallas got Emmit Smith, Alvin Harper, Darren Woodson, Russell Maryland and other key players that made them domminant in the early 90's...thank the idiots in the Viking organization....without them Dallas doesn't win 3 S.B.

Jimmy was a bust in Miami. Johnson inherited one of the NFL's best offenses, led by Hall of Fame quarterback Dan Marino but could never coach a good defense and quit after 3 seasons.

The Patriots make the whole league look bad.


Kraft is lucky to have Brady last so long, let Belichick run the show and play in a weak division. Let's see when Brady leaves or Belichick or both and let's see how Kraft does.
You do realize that the Patriots average 7.9 wins a season against teams from OUTSIDE of their division, right? So even if they were to play in a "tough" division and go .500, they'd still be winning 11 games a year. Oh not to mention that during their 17 season run, they've won a whopping 80% of their games vs. the NFC. Saying the Patriots play in a weak division is such a lame assertion as to why New England has been so dominant.
 
Old 01-30-2018, 05:41 AM
 
Location: Wisconsin
2,776 posts, read 2,380,457 times
Reputation: 2628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I hope it gets really...really cold and Snoopy Doggy gets stuck to a fire hydrant
Looking to be a high of 11 on Sunday. It'll be 0 outside when Eagles fans are celebrating their win & partying outside, climbing light poles. Pretty cold for those balmy coastal fans from both cities.
 
Old 01-30-2018, 06:04 AM
 
Location: AriZona
5,230 posts, read 3,139,302 times
Reputation: 5400
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Looking to be a high of 11 on Sunday. It'll be 0 outside when Eagles fans are celebrating their win & partying outside, climbing light poles. Pretty cold for those balmy coastal fans from both cities.
I'm glad when cold-weather, dome-stadium cities receive NFL news that they'll be hosting a Super Bowl. People must get pretty tired of having to travel to Florida, California, Texas, Arizona, Louisiana & Georgia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top