U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-30-2018, 07:13 AM
 
Location: Redneckville, NJ
6,779 posts, read 10,187,780 times
Reputation: 3320

Advertisements

The waiting is the hardest part....

 
Old 01-30-2018, 07:14 AM
 
Location: Emmaus, PA
3,158 posts, read 2,198,301 times
Reputation: 2319
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Looking to be a high of 11 on Sunday. It'll be 0 outside when Eagles fans are celebrating their win & partying outside, climbing light poles. Pretty cold for those balmy coastal fans from both cities.
Are you actually saying that people in Philly or Boston have never been in 0 degree temps?
What an ignorant statement.
Trust me. WHEN the Eagles fans go out to celebrate their first Super Bowl victory, it isn't going to matter what the temperature is.
 
Old 01-30-2018, 07:58 AM
 
Location: Southern NH
2,532 posts, read 4,962,823 times
Reputation: 1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Pretty cold for those balmy coastal fans from both cities.
Never thought of New England as being "balmy". Maybe for a few days in the summer... It's 27 F right here now and there is a long way to go until we get to balmy....
 
Old 01-30-2018, 08:00 AM
 
6,469 posts, read 3,468,826 times
Reputation: 10267
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Are you actually saying that people in Philly or Boston have never been in 0 degree temps?
What an ignorant statement.
Trust me. WHEN the Eagles fans go out to celebrate their first Super Bowl victory, it isn't going to matter what the temperature is.
We shall see

I tend to believe that WHEN isn't this year

May the best team win on Sunday!!
 
Old 01-30-2018, 08:03 AM
 
Location: USA
18,020 posts, read 8,940,892 times
Reputation: 13477
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Are you actually saying that people in Philly or Boston have never been in 0 degree temps?
What an ignorant statement.
Trust me. WHEN the Eagles fans go out to celebrate their first Super Bowl victory, it isn't going to matter what the temperature is.
If the Eagles win, we are going to see the largest celebration, and parade in U.S. sports history. I went to both Flyers parades as a kid. It was mayhem on steroids. I won't be anywhere near Center City if the Birds win this one.
 
Old 01-30-2018, 08:17 PM
 
6,469 posts, read 3,468,826 times
Reputation: 10267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
If the Eagles win, we are going to see the largest celebration, and parade in U.S. sports history. I went to both Flyers parades as a kid. It was mayhem on steroids. I won't be anywhere near Center City if the Birds win this one.
If the Patriots win it will be just another Duck Boat Parade to City Hall *yawn* ....I'll take it.

I'll be honest, being a fan here in Boston has been amazing since the arrival of Brady. 3 Red Sox World Series, 1 Celtics Championship, 1 Bruins Stanley Cup. We've had some decent parades.

The Broad Street Bullies against the Big Bad Bruins back in the day. O'Reilly & Schulz went at it many times, Clarke was such a tough cookie and led the Flyers to a "surprise" Stanley Cup victory in 1974.
 
Old 01-30-2018, 08:48 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
2,772 posts, read 2,377,376 times
Reputation: 2622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
If the Eagles win, we are going to see the largest celebration, and parade in U.S. sports history. I went to both Flyers parades as a kid. It was mayhem on steroids. I won't be anywhere near Center City if the Birds win this one.
Good luck beating the Cubs parade with over 5 million present, but a big high five if you do.

Last edited by everwinter; 01-30-2018 at 08:58 PM..
 
Old 01-31-2018, 08:35 AM
 
Location: SWFL
22,899 posts, read 19,336,646 times
Reputation: 21379
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
If the Patriots win it will be just another Duck Boat Parade to City Hall *yawn* ....I'll take it.

I'll be honest, being a fan here in Boston has been amazing since the arrival of Brady. 3 Red Sox World Series, 1 Celtics Championship, 1 Bruins Stanley Cup. We've had some decent parades.

The Broad Street Bullies against the Big Bad Bruins back in the day. O'Reilly & Schulz went at it many times, Clarke was such a tough cookie and led the Flyers to a "surprise" Stanley Cup victory in 1974.
The Celtics are in the #1 spot right now too. Maybe another baner for the rafters? I really liked Terry O. I loved the gloves coming off!
 
Old 01-31-2018, 02:39 PM
 
929 posts, read 297,806 times
Reputation: 799
The "back in the day stuff" with Boston and Philly; now c'mon folks- Dr J and Larry Bird squaring off? Moses Malone against Parrish. Andrew Toney, "The Boston Strangler" versus Danny Ainge?
 
Old 01-31-2018, 05:38 PM
 
Location: Vineland, NJ
8,483 posts, read 10,482,128 times
Reputation: 5401
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Good luck beating the Cubs parade with over 5 million present, but a big high five if you do.
When the Phillies won the World Series back in 2008 they had over 2 million in attendance. An Eagles Superbowl parade at the very least will double the number of people who went to the Phillies parade. 5 million is a very high number to surpass for any city that has a championship parade but an Eagles Superbowl parade might be enough to do it.

Don't forget that the Philly area is very populated. Over 7 million people in a 50 miles radius. Just a notch below Chicago in terms of pure population numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top