U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-04-2018, 09:03 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
4,854 posts, read 6,376,459 times
Reputation: 5802

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
And now the Patriots join the Denver Broncos as the only team to lose 5 Super Bowls.
As a Lions fan, I would love to be the fan of a 5-time Super Bowl loser. I'll take 4 losses in a row with no titles.

 
Old 02-04-2018, 09:04 PM
 
2,286 posts, read 1,514,897 times
Reputation: 1143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
33 points and leaving 4 points (1 missed FG and 1 extra point) Brady threw for 505 yards and 3 TD'S? that is MVP numbers.


Sorry, the defense lost this game for the Pats......you let a backup QB score 41 points and not force a punt or a sack in the second half that's all on the defense.
You act like that backup is Trent Dilfer. Foles is great. He tied Manning's 7 TD record in a game a few years ago.
 
Old 02-04-2018, 09:04 PM
 
Location: Central Illinois -
21,623 posts, read 14,401,648 times
Reputation: 14780
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
And now the Patriots join the Denver Broncos as the only team to lose 5 Super Bowls.
And if Atlanta and Seattle had not of gifted the Pats two of their wins, they would be positively average in the post season under Belichick (which is still far better than most franchises have done, but not the dynasty we've come to know)
 
Old 02-04-2018, 09:07 PM
 
Location: Chicago, IL
3,332 posts, read 1,671,047 times
Reputation: 3611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
33 points and leaving 4 points (1 missed FG and 1 extra point) Brady threw for 505 yards and 3 TD'S? that is MVP numbers.


Sorry, the defense lost this game for the Pats......you let a backup QB score 41 points and not force a punt or a sack in the second half that's all on the defense.
Foles isn't a normal "backup QB." He holds the NFL record for TDs thrown in a game (7 TDs). And has thrown for over 400 yards a handful of times.
 
Old 02-04-2018, 09:08 PM
 
Location: sumter
8,622 posts, read 5,407,294 times
Reputation: 6622
Congrats Eagles. Hopefully we won't be seeing the Patriots in the Super Bowl anytime soon.
 
Old 02-04-2018, 09:09 PM
 
11,057 posts, read 3,775,019 times
Reputation: 5197
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
And now the Patriots join the Denver Broncos as the only team to lose 5 Super Bowls.


so not making the playoffs is better than being #2?
 
Old 02-04-2018, 09:09 PM
 
4,988 posts, read 11,072,325 times
Reputation: 11877
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
And if Atlanta and Seattle had not of gifted the Pats two of their wins, they would be positively average in the post season under Belichick (which is still far better than most franchises have done, but not the dynasty we've come to know)
Oh please, and if not for a ridiculous "helmet" catch and another absolutely ridiculous hail mary along the side line the Patriots would have 7 rings already...

If's ands or buts work both ways....
 
Old 02-04-2018, 09:10 PM
 
6,231 posts, read 2,889,593 times
Reputation: 15821
I had all but given up on a Superbowl game being solid by both sides. May I say this game restored my faith in how well both sides played. It was enjoyable. Wtg eagles ! The Patriots get props too. Some great players on both sides.
 
Old 02-04-2018, 09:11 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
4,854 posts, read 6,376,459 times
Reputation: 5802
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Foles isn't a normal "backup QB." He holds the NFL record for TDs thrown in a game (7 TDs). And has thrown for over 400 yards a handful of times.
He's also been a Pro Bowl selection. Too many people were acting like he had the career of his coach. Foles could have been a regular starter on a number of teams this season.
 
Old 02-04-2018, 09:12 PM
JL
 
7,355 posts, read 11,901,855 times
Reputation: 7198
The best superbowl i've seen ever! It was back and forth. No team folded unlike the Falcons last year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top