U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2018, 08:24 AM

986 posts, read 985,808 times

Advertisements

Congrats to Philadelphia and the Eagles. Their coach was so gutsy. The team had to feed off of that confidence.

Loved the interviews afterwards—Blount and Jay Ajayi talking to the sportscasters with their proud mothers by their side, the humility of the coach and QB Foles. And to think he caught a pass for a TD from Florida Gator Trey Burton! Go Gators!

You’ll have to wait one more year New England!

Old 02-05-2018, 08:27 AM

929 posts, read 296,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
You don't get rid of the best coach in the history of the game just because he might have made a mistake with personnel in his 8th super bowl appearance. That's ridiculous. Belicheck is fine.
Your missing the point. Nobody is suggesting Belichick is getting fired. Have you not been following what's allegedly been happening, as reported a month ago? A "mistake with personnel"? Your kidding, right?

Old 02-05-2018, 08:28 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,222,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
Your missing the point. Nobody is suggesting Belichick is getting fired. Have you not been following what's allegedly been happening, as reported a month ago? A "mistake with personnel"? Your kidding, right?
Interesting no doubt but i will believe it when i see it..

Old 02-05-2018, 08:44 AM

5,721 posts, read 5,466,236 times
I'm definitely ready for the end of instant replay. I can tell you that had any other referee been in that game besides Steratore, the Eagles would have come away with two less TDs. Steratore is the one ref who is reluctant to overturn things without blatant evidence.

The replays just make things more vague, not less.

Old 02-05-2018, 08:46 AM

17,720 posts, read 8,863,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
I'm definitely ready for the end of instant replay. I can tell you that had any other referee been in that game besides Steratore, the Eagles would have come away with two less TDs. Steratore is the one ref who is reluctant to overturn things without blatant evidence.

The decision to overturn calls is made upon replay review by the NFL in New York City. So you are just wrong.

Old 02-05-2018, 08:50 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,857,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
It's all nonsense. Belicheck isn't going anywhere.

Old 02-05-2018, 08:53 AM

2,286 posts, read 1,510,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
Yep. He did nothing but s**t on the Eagles the whole game. It was pathetic and unprofessional and it's gotten attention.

Fans call for head of Cris Collinsworth over 'bias' play-by-play - The Morning Call
"I give up."

Old 02-05-2018, 08:54 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,857,957 times
Quote:

Couldn't disagree with you more on his one Bills buddy.

Replay is not the problem. The problem is the NFL for no apparent reason or need decide to complicate what is and isn't a catch. We had replays and high def TVs 8-10 years ago but we didn't have a what is and isn't a catch problem.

If this game was any indication maybe the NFL will get back to how they called catches and replays 10 or so years ago before the Calvin Johnson play.

Old 02-05-2018, 09:26 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,222,778 times
Quote:

Count me in as someone who is NOT a fan of instant replay. When it corrects an obvious error, its great but like you said, more often than not its blurring the line of what is and what is not a catch... From everything i have seen the last 3 or 4 years, that Clement catch was not a catch.. the ball clearly moved after the initial catch and 1st foot down.. so that resets the feet.. once he has clear possession, the 2nd foot is clearly on the line.. that one is a head scratcher for sure... and goes against everything we have been told to believe the last 3 or 4 years... Call it a make up call since the Pats have been the beneficiary of some borderline calls of late!

The 2nd TD (ERTZ) IMO was clearly a TD. He caught the ball at the 5 yard line, was clearly a runner.. 2 strides then a dive... TD.. IMO of course, i would NOT have been shocked had they come back and said NO TD... in fact, i would have confirmed to my son that "YEP! the FIX IS IN!"

Old 02-05-2018, 09:26 AM

8,553 posts, read 5,378,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonisAwful View Post
HA HA HA it finally caught up with the arrogant Cheatriot Scumbags!! Way to go Eagles!!! Brady lost to a backup QB!!

Boston just sucks entirely - its people, fans and teams. Most arrogant, smelly people in America!
Lol, tell us how you really feel about Boston and their sport fans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or