Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 09:33 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,469,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Eagles had a weak schedule in a weak division.......they finished 7-9 last year. Teams that don't make the playoffs get a weaker schedule the next season and teams that make the playoffs especially the ones that goes to the SB get a tougher schedule that is how the NFL works.
In theory, that should be true, but that is often not the case once you start playing the games and realizing the other "weak" teams from a year ago are much stronger and the strong teams from the previous season have regressed.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:34 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,047,184 times
The Eagles were underdogs to the Falcons. The Eagles won.
The Eagles were underdogs to the Vikings. The Eagles won.
The Eagles are underdogs to the Patriots. The Eagles will win.

Who gives a crap what Patriots fans think about the Eagles, their schedule, or anything else?

Old 01-22-2018, 09:45 AM

14,322 posts, read 14,620,586 times
I never buy the strength of schedule, some teams always get the top teams, not when the rotation of who plays who is set way in advance, they don't pick and choose who any team gets to play.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:48 AM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Nice to see the Eagles have a crack at it. They destroyed Minnesota, so no one should question whether they have the right to be there. Best of luck to them.

With that being said, is anyone outside of the Northeast and Boston in particular happy to see the Pats in the SB again? Seriously, the Pats need another ring like a 600 pound slob needs another triple chili cheeseburger. Would have been much better if Jacksonville was playing.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:51 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post

Who gives a crap what Patriots fans think about the Eagles, their schedule, or anything else?
Who gives a crap what Eagles fans think about the Patriots, their schedule, or anything else? This will be a pretty boring thread if you had your way.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:52 AM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
I tried. I wrote to Weyerbacher a few months ago and asked if they could give us some Patriots Suck beer. Tasty or as bitter as defeat, it would have sold out.

My son called me yesterday afternoon to tell me that the Eagles were going to win. OKKK... He went out to run a couple of errands and pick up a pan of wings. When he got home to the leafy 'burbs, there was a bald eagle on his roof. Really? Yes, really. According to him, that was a sign.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:57 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Would have been much better if Jacksonville was playing.
Disagree. Brady is a polarizing figure. People will tune in because they want to see history made..

Jacksonville is a nice story, but the ratings for the SB would be dreadful if they would've beaten the Pats.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:02 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,047,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Who gives a crap what Eagles fans think about the Patriots, their schedule, or anything else? This will be a pretty boring thread if you had your way.
I don't give a crap about the Patriots, their schedule, or anything else about them.
I don't give a crap either whether this thread is boring or not.
Nor do I give a crap what the ratings are for this game.
The ONLY thing that I give a crap about is seeing the Eagles win. If I and 2 or 3 other people watch the game, so be it.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:10 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
To native southerners anybody from north of the Mason-Dixon (or the Red River if you're in Texas) is pejoratively referred to as a Yankee.
That shows to go you the mentality curve of southerners. That is just ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post

Oh, jealousy is an ugly green creature. We don't care what Eagles fans think of us or our team.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:10 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I tried. I wrote to Weyerbacher a few months ago and asked if they could give us some Patriots Suck beer. Tasty or as bitter as defeat, it would have sold out.
This sells well in the Philly area.

Dallas Sucks - Weyerbacher Brewing Company

Quote:
My son called me yesterday afternoon to tell me that the Eagles were going to win. OKKK... He went out to run a couple of errands and pick up a pan of wings. When he got home to the leafy 'burbs, there was a bald eagle on his roof. Really? Yes, really. According to him, that was a sign.
That is really cool!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football