Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2018, 06:34 AM

7,274 posts, read 5,243,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
I agree, but it's incredibly stupid to not put any effort into preparing for that moment. If it never comes, great. But if it does, do you really want Brian Hoyer stepping in?
Trading away both Brisset and Garoppolo was definitely a curious move. And Hoyer is lower 2nd tier at best, so no, not my idea of a solid backup.

I can definitely say after watching this game though, that all people who were on that idiotic bandwagon of the NFL and refs want the Pats to win just saw that bandwagon blow up. Nope, there was no refs or NFL in the pockets of the Pats in SB LII.

Old 02-06-2018, 07:35 AM

24,354 posts, read 22,910,715 times
Or now we're addicts for victory and will win again and again and again. We have all the foundations for success in the next few years.
New England on the other hand, they may well see their glory days behind them.
Personally I want to see how many patriots fans still sport team gear in the coming week. I think the bandwagon just traded many Pats fans for Eagles fans.
Hey, and Boston, wear your Eagles Green proudly this St. Patrick's Day!

Old 02-06-2018, 07:37 AM

32,775 posts, read 36,014,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Bart Starr?
Definitely.

Old 02-06-2018, 07:44 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,859,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Or now we're addicts for victory and will win again and again and again. We have all the foundations for success in the next few years.
Personally I want to see how many patriots fans still sport team gear in the coming week. I think the bandwagon just traded many Pats fans for Eagles fans.

Still wearing my Pats stuff proudly.....Hated to lose but happy for Eagles and fans.We were totally outcoached on defense.You guys played an awesome game and I can only imagine what it feels like to be Nick Foles right now.
Shaking my head that we were the first team in history to gain 600yd and lose.........congratulations

Old 02-06-2018, 08:04 AM

7,274 posts, read 5,243,212 times
Quote:
Yeah, OK. I was a fan when we were a laughing stock. I have reveled in this 17-year dynasty run. You just won your first. Talk to me in a decade and lets see what your franchise has accomplished by then. And jump ship to the Eagles? Haha - thanks for the chuckle.

And I'll proudly wear my Celtics green on St Patricks Day.

Old 02-06-2018, 08:47 AM

32,775 posts, read 36,014,820 times
Quote:
They'd become Eagles fans? Why? They're football fans, not $20 whores.

Old 02-06-2018, 08:55 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,631,408 times
Quote:
Seems like i heard Giants fans saying something very similar some 8-10 years ago... don't count your chickens and don't bury the Pats... that's all i am sayin'...

Old 02-06-2018, 08:59 AM

34,125 posts, read 18,377,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Seems like i heard Giants fans saying something very similar some 8-10 years ago... don't count your chickens and don't bury the Pats... that's all i am sayin'...
I think Brady has another good season, or two in him, so I would never count out the Pats. However, when skills fail, they fail FAST. The Pats need to be grooming his replacement very quickly. Bellichik also has a habit of making average players look great in his system by playing to their strengths.

Old 02-06-2018, 08:02 PM

2,621 posts, read 4,020,621 times
Quote:
You realize this is why the Patriots developed their reputation. Because they kept winning. It's funny people complain about this and are laughing at this loss, yet want to have that kind of success.

We don't know the future, but it's hard for good teams to compete every year. Between free agency, retirement of key players, injuries, trades, players having off years, coaching changes, ownership changes, other teams improving/declining, NOTHING really is a given. I think Philly should enjoy their victory. Take things one step at a time. For what it's worth, the Patriots were a likeable team in 2001-2002.

I don't expect the team to win every year. I appreciate what they have accomplished, even through this year. And be honest, people aren't going to just dismiss the Pats, the same way baseball fans don't dismiss the Yankees. That team hasn't had a Championship in nearly ten years and people still act as if they're the same Yankees from twenty years ago.

Last edited by LexWest; 02-06-2018 at 08:11 PM..

Old 02-06-2018, 08:12 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,776,971 times
Quote:
We shall see. Fans said the same thing about Seattle, about Denver, about Baltimore and and the Giants. None of those teams were able to keep it going, only the Patriots have been able to do it.

People in Boston will be wearing their Celtics green on St. Patrick's Day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football