U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 06:41 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,233,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Holy crap.. $84 FULLY GUARANTEED? In the NFL?

Can anyone else remember a fully guaranteed contract?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features...th-84m-reports
Nothing of this magnitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2018, 07:09 AM

929 posts, read 296,904 times
Well thankfully that's over. Nauseating to say the least to have listen to all this chatter- and on and on- for some barely above average quarterback that I have serious doubts will even be an upgrade from Case Keenum. You would have thought this was when Joe Montana was moving on from San Francisco.

Old 03-14-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
Well thankfully that's over. Nauseating to say the least to have listen to all this chatter- and on and on- for some barely above average quarterback that I have serious doubts will even be an upgrade from Case Keenum. You would have thought this was when Joe Montana was moving on from San Francisco.
I will say, there were some games where I had that old feeling coming back as when I used to watch the Redskins play when Joe Theismann was quarterback. That feeling of, "Oh, the game is under control, this QB is going to make a big play in just a second!" Cousins is a very good quarterback. Getting the stats he got with the lack of weapons he had last year was mighty impressive, and no, it wasn't garbage time stats. The Redskins were pretty much in just about every game and probably should've won more than they did. But anyway, that being said, Cousins has also been known for laying a big fat egg in games where a lot is riding on the line, so it's quite strange the love affair the sports media has had with Kirk Cousins. He's a decent guy and I loved him in DC, but does he live up to every cent of that contract? I don't think he does.

Old 03-14-2018, 09:47 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,185,934 times
I mean good for Cousins. He worked the system perfectly and won. Players usually lose and the owners win so it's good to see that reversed and the owners take one. But it's a crazy contract and no way earned. The guy is okay maybe even good but not the top and deserving that pay check.

Old 03-14-2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
I mean good for Cousins. He worked the system perfectly and won. Players usually lose and the owners win so it's good to see that reversed and the owners take one. But it's a crazy contract and no way earned. The guy is okay maybe even good but not the top and deserving that pay check.
I agree. Some fans are saying he's trash, which is a bit ridiculous. Cousins is a very good quarterback, but shouldn't get paid more than the likes of Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, and especially not Tom Brady.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or