U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 08:19 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,119,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
As a Pats fan for me it's not about continuing. It's more of the "going out on top" mentality. To cap off a 2nd 3 out of 4, to break all sorts of curses with a win, that's why I'd love a win. We almost knocked the Dolphins off the undefeated pedestal but came up a helmet short. This year I want the reigning NFL MVP and passing leader to break the curse of winning the Super Bowl, for Brady and the Pats to tie the Steelers franchise with most SB titles. If my team is about to hit a lull, I would like to see them go out with historic milestones.
Totally understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2018, 08:23 AM

11,118 posts, read 8,523,617 times
Eagles. Score doesn't matter.

Old 02-04-2018, 08:46 AM

17,603 posts, read 8,827,681 times
If the Eagles are going to do it, I think today is the day. Even with a "back up" quarterback, they match up well against the Pats, and they can play with Foles. They proved that against the Falcons, and the Vikings. A lot will be riding on the Eagles defense though.

Eagles win.

Old 02-04-2018, 10:03 AM

2,498 posts, read 6,387,077 times
If Brady is left open,no matter who the opponent is he will win,to much ammunition.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:04 AM

6,438 posts, read 3,450,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBev View Post
If Brady is left open,no matter who the opponent is he will win,to much ammunition.
When you look at the arsenal Brady has to throw to - Gronk, Amendola, Cooks, White, Lewis, collectively they work so well together implementing a game plan. Other than Gronk, none are HOF material based on their careers up until now, yet, they find a way. And if you ask players like Allen, Burkhead, Dorsett to make a situational play, they can because Brady and his accuracy has the ball.

If the Pats O-Line puts up a stinker and Brady is pressured all game, all bets are off, and would be for any Qb whether a rookie or a GOAT.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:21 AM

4,879 posts, read 3,971,136 times
SO who wins?
According to the Press, who are comparing Brady now to Babe Ruth and Michael Jordan, the game has already been awarded to the Patriots.

Probably rigged.

Of course the Eagles QB has had the best ratings all through the playofs, even against higher rated defenses than the Patriots have....STILL the ignorant sportscasters are already setting up to take photos in the Patriots locker room after they win........

Which they would not know UNLESS it IS rigged

Of course the Eagles defense has decimated opponents all season long....and Brady is an pocket passer who may get banged up at his age, and may not have his favorite target at 100% if at all

BUT they are already printing National Enquirer and New York Post headlines of Patriots winning...............

AND Skip Bayless and Chris Fowler of the Weekly World News have , along with Chris Fowler, sports director for the New York Post, claim that Brady has this one in the bag.......

SO thanks to a loud mouth bunch of sportscasters, the better, stronger, faster team is the underdog.......

Which brings us to the game.

The Eagles fans seem to take pride in being excessively rude. They come across as loudmouths that would run off with their tails between their legs if slapped. They DO NOT deserve a championship. But, maybe not ALL Eagles fans are jerks. SO what about those.

Patriot fans, like Belicheck himself, do not care if you like them or not. Belicheck runs the team like a business, and looks for ways to win. The best advantage the Patriots have, and maybe the only advantage is the sidelines.
But I have always hated the Patriots. I have been a FINZ FAN ever since I was a kid. The Patriots are evil. They cheat. And sadly, they win.

SO who will win ?
Probably the Eagles.

I really doubt I will watch much of it, and since I am not working tomorrow I can at least drink my way through the game if it comes to that. Either way, it would be nice to see two completely different teams in the Super Bowl next year.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:41 AM

22,849 posts, read 19,282,133 times
Patriots 27
Eagles 21

Old 02-04-2018, 11:46 AM

2,922 posts, read 3,045,948 times
That it will be the least watched SB of all time !

Old 02-04-2018, 12:58 PM

4,914 posts, read 4,059,837 times
Who will win? The hotels, bars, restaurants, vendors, etc.

As far as the game, one team will score more than the other. It won't really matter who, as the $$$ will have been spent by then.

Old 02-04-2018, 01:01 PM

43 posts, read 17,976 times
Alabama will get smoked this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football