U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 08:20 AM

4,891 posts, read 3,980,500 times

Advertisements

SO if you are like me, (and maybe Colt and a few others) you are already thinking ahead to the Fall and wanting some football. Problem is , it is 6 months away, we still have the rest of free agency, draft, summer camp, preseason etc
Which makes what I am about to suggest more challenging, but for a true football fan, FUN!

I have managed to procure the opening day schedule that was leaked out thanks to an intern at the NFL last week. (Remember, Goodell was once an intern, yes, they will [obviously] hire anyone.....)

SO JUST FOR FUN Pick your winners.
Now I know what you are thinking...Cat is is only APRIL ! we don't know who is going to be good yet? Well, that is where the old football Savvy comes in to play. Now no this will not count in the overall standings but it will be fun to go back and look at it 6 months from now and see who got it closest. Again we will repick in September, after the Rosters are complete, on an {official" thread, but let's see who the real football fans out there are. Ready?
2018 opening week
VIKINGS AT EAGLES
Thursday Night will match up the rematch of the NFL Title game Matchup

BROWNS AT STEELERS The newly revamped Browns offense along with an early round QB are still coached by a lamebrane fool.
PACKERS AT CARDINALS The Pesky Red Birds continue to slide on down barely getting under the waning Pack
TITANS AT JAGUARS Some of the Experts are saying that not only will the Jags be the AFCS best team next year, but that we will also have colonies on the moon within 40 years.
Rams AT RAIDERS Chucky 2
BENGALS AT RAVENS
BEARS AT BUFFALOES
TEXANS AT PATRIOTS
FINZ AT COLTS
REDSKINS At BUCS
SEAHAWKS AT PANTHERS
JETS AT LIONS
COWBOYS AT GIANTS
FALCONS AT SAINTS

Monday Night Games
49ers AT CHARGERS
BRONCOS AT CHIEFS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2018, 11:09 AM

11,724 posts, read 11,559,537 times
Wow, Cat, can always count on you for some fun! I'm just home from my 30 day Around the Horn So. America cruise, a little shy of NFL news! I'll play along though, right now I'm wading through 35 days of mail and laundry.

Old 04-02-2018, 01:59 PM

28,533 posts, read 15,479,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Wow, Cat, can always count on you for some fun! I'm just home from my 30 day Around the Horn So. America cruise, a little shy of NFL news! I'll play along though, right now I'm wading through 35 days of mail and laundry.
Wow... you don't get tired of being on the boat for that long?

Old 04-02-2018, 03:54 PM

11,724 posts, read 11,559,537 times
Yes, I did! We left Costa Rica, headed for Nicaragua, 2 sea days to Puerto Vallarta, 2 more sea days to LA, last few days I was ready to come home, complicated by bronchitis. Bucket list cruise, Buenos Aires to LA, won't do it again, but glad I did.

Old 04-02-2018, 07:11 PM

32,501 posts, read 26,389,888 times
sorry LKC i am into auto racing right now, not football. perhaps when the season gets closer, then i might make a few predictions, but not now.

Old 04-17-2018, 12:57 PM

Auto Racing is fun to watch too Here at the Large KingCat's House (not the Cat-house) we usually kick off auto racing season by watching the INDY 500 and then moving on to summer things.
We thought it would be fun to ride along with Super Mario Andretti, but as we live in Florida, and we see how old people drive around here, we thought it best to just stick with football for now.

Old 04-18-2018, 06:10 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,133,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Auto Racing is fun to watch too Here at the Large KingCat's House (not the Cat-house) we usually kick off auto racing season by watching the INDY 500 and then moving on to summer things.
We thought it would be fun to ride along with Super Mario Andretti, but as we live in Florida, and we see how old people drive around here, we thought it best to just stick with football for now.
The Colt is currently into Netflix (Lost In Space), Hulu, Amazon Prime, soccer, beisbol... and coming up soon: Kentucky Derby with a 75/1 odds darkhorse named Gronkowski -- and the Triple Crown -- on Cinco de Mayo!

However, I'm with the Cat Man... I can't wait for FOOTBALL either.

Wow... dunno if my heart can take this off-season...

Old 04-18-2018, 04:14 PM

Hey. Colt. Complete schedule comes out tomorrow night

Old 04-18-2018, 10:26 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,133,277 times
Quote:
Thanks, Cat Man!

Old 04-19-2018, 06:04 AM

6,779 posts, read 10,184,946 times
Quote:
Sweet! In the meantime.....GO SIXERS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football