U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 08:50 AM

4,885 posts, read 3,973,523 times

Advertisements

I had forgot one----the PESKY RED BIRDS

My son is 15 starting his second year of high school today. He told me last week that he wants to redecorate his room, he has decided that he really does not like football, he is more into music, and does not care about the Pesky Red birds anymore. (Although he would say "Don't call them that")
SO soon I will have some Cardinal things to put into the next yard sale, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2018, 09:16 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,122,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I had forgot one----the PESKY RED BIRDS

My son is 15 starting his second year of high school today. He told me last week that he wants to redecorate his room, he has decided that he really does not like football, he is more into music, and does not care about the Pesky Red birds anymore. (Although he would say "Don't call them that")
SO soon I will have some Cardinal things to put into the next yard sale, I guess.
I dunno, Cat Man. In my totally biased opinion, Pesky Red Birds actually sounds rather cool... maybe even inspiring fear or respect.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:41 AM

4,885 posts, read 3,973,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I'm too old to get into those cutesy nicknames, although I see plenty during the season. Sometimes here, mostly on Facebook and odds are from twenty and thirty somethings. It seems silly to me. I've been a football fan for 50+ years, don't need nonsense.

I was on a 30 day cruise recently and nice talking to fans of other teams (we met for coffee)! We talked about the draft, which teams were going to be hot or not, in a respectful, fun manner, no rudeness, awesome. Sometimes there were as many as 20 of us, many teams represented and no arguments, except for the Charger and Raiders guys (to be expected)!
Well it is meant in fun

I talked to a friend in Texas today. Someone I have known since we were kids. He is a Cowboy fan. Always has been. Always will be. Used to have season tickets although he lived 300 miles away.
We talk about football weekly during season. I hate the Cowboys but I don't rub it in, like I will here on occasion.

I watch most games at sports bars anyway so I am always around an assortment of fans. I rather like talking football with anyone who wants

Old 08-21-2018, 11:54 PM

705 posts, read 536,026 times
Green Bay Cheeseheads
Minnesota Viqueens
We don't have a name for Detriot.

Old 08-22-2018, 03:14 PM

314 posts, read 251,415 times
I don't use them personally, but the ones off the top of my head are "Clowns" for the Browns (usually deserved) and "Cowgirls," obviously for the Cowboys. A few of the dumber ones I heard for the Houston Texans when I lived down there, always from Cowboys fans, were "Texannes" and "Loopers," the latter supposedly meaning that no one outside the 610 Loop cared about the team. Overstating it a little, but once you get all that far from Houston the Texans fan base pretty much entirely vanishes.
My dad, a lifelong Browns fan, used to call the Bengals the "Beagles."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football