U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will end up being the best QB of the 2018 draft?
Baker Mayfield 2 8.00%
Sam Darnold 6 24.00%
Josh Rosen 2 8.00%
Lamar Jackson 0 0%
Josh Allen 10 40.00%
Mason Rudolph 4 16.00%
OtherMike White,Kyle Lauletta, Luke Falk etc.) 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 10:33 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,126,454 times

Advertisements

Or...

Could this be the first season where ALL of the QB hopefuls are a total BUST?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2018, 09:14 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,859,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
Or...

Could this be the first season where ALL of the QB hopefuls are a total BUST?
< 5% chance that happens IMO. At worst Darnold is a high caracter version of Jay Cutler. Which to me would mean even at his worst Darnold wouldn't really classify as a bust.

Interesting comparison is that the '83 draft had New England, Miami, Buffalo and the Jets all selected QBs in the first round. All are rumored to possibly select QBs in the first round this year too. Maybe it is Miami and New England who end up with the good QBs this time around?

Old 04-25-2018, 01:52 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,579,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlord72 View Post
Then keep him far away from the Jets. He will just be another QB heralded as a savior only to bomb ( Mark Sanchez, Chad Pennington, Browning Nagle).

If you are correct then he should definitely go to Denver. More stable franchise and organization
Well, the rumor of the day (ROD) is that Mayfield is now back in the mix with Allen for the Browns choice at #1.

Like I said, I do like Mayfield for his spunk and leadership. Just not sure how he would do with the Browns.

Just happy we are about 24 hours away so we can end this madness!!

Old 04-26-2018, 11:34 AM

2,011 posts, read 2,013,211 times
My draft order of top 5 QB's to be drafted are as follows.

1. Sam Darnold
2. Baker Mayfield
3. Josh Rosen
4. Josh Allen
5. Lamar Jackson

Old 04-26-2018, 06:22 PM

6,105 posts, read 1,831,732 times
Itís not about the player, itís about the system. Nick Foles almost retired due to his run with crappy coaches. Jared Goff was even having a bad year before they fired Fisher

Old 04-26-2018, 07:24 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,859,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Itís not about the player, itís about the system. Nick Foles almost retired due to his run with crappy coaches. Jared Goff was even having a bad year before they fired Fisher
This is very true which makes me even more concerned that my Bills with a defensive minded coach that thought a rookie QB was ready to play last year and instead saw him throw 5 INTs in the first half, just selected the QB who is the biggest project in this whole draft in Josh Allen.

Old 04-26-2018, 07:39 PM

3,017 posts, read 1,871,864 times
This is why the Browns will always suck.

Old 04-27-2018, 09:26 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,185,934 times
^^lol I guess they forgot the Johnny football experiment.

Old 04-27-2018, 11:30 AM

2,011 posts, read 2,013,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
It’s not about the player, it’s about the system. Nick Foles almost retired due to his run with crappy coaches. Jared Goff was even having a bad year before they fired Fisher

I somewhat agree with this assessment. All the quarterbacks are close in talent, what will separate them is coaching.

I remember back in the early 70's. Steve Spurrier was the Heisman Trophy winning QB and went to San Francisco, Bob Greise was taken after Spurrier and went to Miami under Coach Don Shula.

Griese is the Hall of Famer, and no one remembers Spurrier was ever a 49er.

Old 04-27-2018, 12:46 PM

16,527 posts, read 20,977,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
I somewhat agree with this assessment. All the quarterbacks are close in talent, what will separate them is coaching.

I remember back in the early 70's. Steve Spurrier was the Heisman Trophy winning QB and went to San Francisco, Bob Greise was taken after Spurrier and went to Miami under Coach Don Shula.

Griese is the Hall of Famer, and no one remembers Spurrier was ever a 49er.
I do! Man, ya had to wonder what Frisco was thinking by even drafting him. For his first two years, he wasn't even backing up John Brodie, he was carrying the clipboard for Dick Nolan as George Mira was the backup. Spurrier didn't turn a tap for several years and finally in 1973 he got some playing time as John Brodie was breaking down and '73 was Brodies last season. So what does Frisco do? Draft a guy by the name of Tom Owens, then wound up starting him in the 1974 season.

Needless to say putting Steve on the expansion list for Tampa Bay for 1976 didn't do him any favors. Now here is a little known trivia fact--Spurrier was among the quarterbacks on the Bronco '77 squad that went to SB-XII. The backups were Norris Weese and Craig Penrose with Craig Morton starting. Spurrier was waived. I remember those 1977 exhibition games--I don't remember Steve even getting in a game for crying out loud! It had to be real frustrating to be Steve Spurrier as he had a great college career.

I have a laundry list of NFL players who deserved a better fate. Steve Spurrier was one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football