U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 07:14 PM

17 posts, read 4,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
What are the Saints thinking? The 1st from 2019 to the Packers to move up 13 spots for Davenport, kind of a strange move. I think everyone thought they were going QB.
I thought for sure it was going to be Lamar Jackson. That was a ton to give up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2018, 07:15 PM

17 posts, read 4,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
“Dallas, the last time you were in a Super Bowl these draft picks weren’t born.” David Akers just handed the Cowboys another L.....like always.
This was the best!!! I love Cowboy fans getting trolled. Even better when it is from a kicker!!

Old 04-27-2018, 07:51 PM

51,887 posts, read 41,774,553 times
Colts got a good one with Braden Smith (OL).

I watched him play in Highschool and the fact that he was at his fiance's softball game instead of a big press conference when taken in the 2nd round should give you guys notice.

This is a kid that benched 550 x3 in highschool. No chest thumpin', no look at me...never even red-shirted.

Not a Colts fan but your're going to get your moneys worth out of this kid and then some. ESPECIALLY in terms of team cohesion, leadership and not acting like a jackwad....ever.

Old 04-27-2018, 08:18 PM

32,439 posts, read 26,308,370 times
so far the cowboys have picked up linebacker from boise state leighton vander esch, not a bad choice it beefs up the linebacker corps

then they picked up conner williams offensive lineman from texas, that plugs a hole in the offensive line

and round three they picked up michael gallup from colorado st to beef up the wide receiver corps.

interesting picks. i cant wait for round four.

Old 04-27-2018, 08:25 PM

16,522 posts, read 20,966,979 times
Something I want to touch on is the huge round of applause to Ryan Shazier of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Shazier suffered extreme injuries to his back and spine which required spinal stabilization surgery. He was discharged out of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in early February.

He was moving-slowly-but moving. And got a huge standing ovation for all the fans in the house. It was last December 4th in a Monday night game against Cincinnati when he was injured.

Old 04-28-2018, 06:18 AM

6,394 posts, read 4,173,557 times
I know that drafting players is somewhat a crapshoot, but I take heart in seeing the direction teams are going when they make the picks they do. It was my feeling a couple years ago that the Ravens should be looking for a new QB, to eventually take over for Flacco, who has become somewhat marginal in the last couple years. In the last couple drafts, it seemed they continued to ignore the offensive needs, and kept going for defensive players.

I am excited that this year they came through and traded for pick 32, and took Lamar Jackson(2016 Heisman winner and QB). They also picked two tight ends in the first two rounds. No guarantees, but it looks promising. They also picked up RGIII in the off season as a backup, and hopefully to light a fire in Joe.

Old 04-28-2018, 06:32 AM

11,722 posts, read 11,543,470 times
Bravo for Shazier, awesome to see, after a horrific injury. Loved the Cowboys getting trolled, Jerry Kramer's comment about the Ice Bowl didn't get much response, young crowd! You knew Eagles would go all in as Super Bowl Champs.

Packers did o.k. in the draft, as they really need to address the backfield. Pass rush is important, too but I'm thinking with the major changes in the defense coaching staff they should be alright.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:47 AM

5,754 posts, read 4,228,195 times
Very satisfied with the Redskins draft. I'm giving all credit to Doug Williams and none to Bruce Allen, LOL!

Old 04-30-2018, 02:32 PM

3,017 posts, read 1,869,658 times
The Vikes just took a **** on the rest of the league....

Old 05-01-2018, 08:33 AM

21,318 posts, read 21,877,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
The Vikes just took a **** on the rest of the league....
is that good or bad?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football