U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 06:22 AM

4,883 posts, read 3,973,523 times

Advertisements

So camps open late July with signing deadlines about a month away.

The Hall of fame game Bears vs Ravens is about 5 weeks out. That means a month or so to go until the season starts, and the Sunday Fundays begin.
And this forum always lights up with colorful posts and mostly entertaining banter.

Now for anyone who is new here and does not know me, well pay attention to what the Cat says. Your life may be entertained.

For those who DO know me, and know that I am always up to something, I decided to create an NFL website, and update and link it into my posts here. And YES it is EXACTLY what you would expect from the Old Cat...........which means if you want sports entertainment, then click on it. When I get it published.
I will let you know when I have it ready. I cannot yet put rankings up, other than the Perennial disappointments of franchises like the Browns, Buccaneers, and My FINZ who have no plan or idea what to do for the next few years....
SO that is what I have been up to for the off-season. (yessuh, I was bored suh)

BUT Would you really expect anything less from the Cat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 07:50 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,121,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post

The Hall of fame game Bears vs Ravens is about 5 weeks out. That means a month or so to go until the season starts, and the Sunday Fundays begin.
And this forum always lights up with colorful posts and mostly entertaining banter.

Now for anyone who is new here and does not know me, well pay attention to what the Cat says. Your life may be entertained.

For those who DO know me, and know that I am always up to something, I decided to create an NFL website, and update and link it into my posts here. And YES it is EXACTLY what you would expect from the Old Cat...........which means if you want sports entertainment, then click on it. When I get it published.
I will let you know when I have it ready. I cannot yet put rankings up, other than the Perennial disappointments of franchises like the Browns, Buccaneers, and My FINZ who have no plan or idea what to do for the next few years....

Sounds like a plan, Cat Man!

Old 06-28-2018, 07:43 PM

11,722 posts, read 11,545,104 times
Awesome, sounds good to me! Can't wait for TC to start, see what the Packers have planned, might have to go to a practice!

Old 07-01-2018, 05:14 AM

6,777 posts, read 10,174,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post

Love it! Can't wait!

Old 07-01-2018, 09:18 PM

7,222 posts, read 8,234,549 times
When I was 7 my dad and I made the trip to Wofford College in Spartanburg SC to see the Panthers very first training camp. I hardly remember it other than the brutally hot weather. But I bring it up because I found out a couple of days ago that one LaVar Ball was apart of that 1995 squad. So I actually got to see the "Big baller" man in person Who knows, maybe the next over-caffinated personality out there is on your teams squad!

Anyways I'm looking forward to the new season, seeing the new draft picks and the free agents in their new homes. Everyone gets a clean slate and chooses their own destiny. Good luck to all your teams this year!

Old 07-14-2018, 11:23 AM

4,883 posts, read 3,973,523 times
so now we are only q week and a a half or so out

I updated the website to reflect who I think will be the first one fired.

not an all inclusive list, but fun anyway

https://kingcatnews.weebly.com/

the rest of the website will be updated after camps open

Old 07-15-2018, 07:36 AM

11,722 posts, read 11,545,104 times
Interesting read about the coaches, totally agree with your thoughts. The Browns have taken front office personnel from the Packers (quite a few) wonder if it will matter. Dorsey was with the Chiefs but a major long time connection with the Packers.

Cowboys situation is odd, but then again not when you consider Jones. As long as he is so involved, I don't see this team being successful.

Thanks for the effort, fun read!

Old 07-19-2018, 01:55 PM

21,536 posts, read 14,354,179 times
I was fairly impressed with the style of Dirk Koetter when I saw a few episodes of last seasons Hard Knocks. Now he starts the season without his starting QB for the first 4 games. I don't think I would rate him as the leagues worst, the meathead in Tennessee, and the coach of the Texans, I think both of them are worse coaches.

Old 07-19-2018, 01:57 PM

21,536 posts, read 14,354,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
When I was 7 my dad and I made the trip to Wofford College in Spartanburg SC to see the Panthers very first training camp. I hardly remember it other than the brutally hot weather. But I bring it up because I found out a couple of days ago that one LaVar Ball was apart of that 1995 squad. So I actually got to see the "Big baller" man in person Who knows, maybe the next over-caffinated personality out there is on your teams squad!

Anyways I'm looking forward to the new season, seeing the new draft picks and the free agents in their new homes. Everyone gets a clean slate and chooses their own destiny. Good luck to all your teams this year!
I didn't even know that loudmouth was a pro athlete, interesting. l do remember the summer of 1995, it was brutal. Google what happened in Chicago, there were so many heat related deaths that the morgues ran out of space and they had to use meat lockers for all the bodies.

Old 07-21-2018, 05:23 PM

9,729 posts, read 18,422,597 times
I hope on august 9th the pre-season game with Pittsburgh @ philly is on tv here but I doubt it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or