U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2018, 02:02 PM

4,891 posts, read 3,978,842 times

Advertisements

Going into the first full week of preseason games, a number of names are still on the "available" list while owners and teams seem to be moving on without them. Some of these guys will likely not play again in the NFL. A few know that.

For example, I took my car in this morning to the dealership for detailing, and to my surprise, Colin Kaepernick was the greeter! We chatted for a bit. Apparently, he has decided to move on for now, still hoping to play but for now, he is the guy who got my car set up for cleaning.
So after a half an hour, he called to ask me about cleaning the carpets. We walked back into the detail area, where former wide receiver Dez Bryant was scrubbing the inside of my car. Seems he has found his place in life, although he was complaining that his assistant was not throwing rug shampoo to him fast enough. Never the less, he did clean my car.

Heading home, I stopped for gas. I thought the guy pumping gas looked familiar, I asked his name and it was Elvis Dumerville! We talked a little football, he wants to get back into the game, but Exxon-Mobil has him on the assistant manager track with better insurance than the NFL. So he is waiting to see what happens.

So, getting home, the yard crew was already there. I found Matt Moore clipping trees and Eric Reid pushing the lawn mower. He said that he is just trying to stay in shape.

While some fans somewhere are worrying how these guys are going to make rent and pay for food and other habits, my advice to them is DON`T WORRY. They are keeping busy and if you keep your eyes open, you too might just run into one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 02:17 PM

21,342 posts, read 21,917,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Going into the first full week of preseason games, a number of names are still on the "available" list while owners and teams seem to be moving on without them. Some of these guys will likely not play again in the NFL. A few know that.

For example, I took my car in this morning to the dealership for detailing, and to my surprise, Colin Kaepernick was the greeter! We chatted for a bit. Apparently, he has decided to move on for now, still hoping to play but for now, he is the guy who got my car set up for cleaning.
So after a half an hour, he called to ask me about cleaning the carpets. We walked back into the detail area, where former wide receiver Dez Bryant was scrubbing the inside of my car. Seems he has found his place in life, although he was complaining that his assistant was not throwing rug shampoo to him fast enough. Never the less, he did clean my car.

Heading home, I stopped for gas. I thought the guy pumping gas looked familiar, I asked his name and it was Elvis Dumerville! We talked a little football, he wants to get back into the game, but Exxon-Mobil has him on the assistant manager track with better insurance than the NFL. So he is waiting to see what happens.

So, getting home, the yard crew was already there. I found Matt Moore clipping trees and Eric Reid pushing the lawn mower. He said that he is just trying to stay in shape.

While some fans somewhere are worrying how these guys are going to make rent and pay for food and other habits, my advice to them is DON`T WORRY. They are keeping busy and if you keep your eyes open, you too might just run into one of them.
don't forget to pick up the kids tonight at Adrian Peterson's Kinder Kare Facility

Old 08-06-2018, 02:20 PM

4,891 posts, read 3,978,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
don't forget to pick up the kids tonight at Adrian Peterson's Kinder Kare Facility
Thanks. Last week, Rex Ryan was there teaching them how to play football.

Old 08-06-2018, 07:19 PM

32,496 posts, read 26,373,528 times
a lot of these guys are going to do other things until some team calls them looking for replacement players. part of the problem though with these guys is that they are likely asking for far too much money these days. they got caught up in the "save money" effort. free agents are not going to get the money they would have gotten in the past.

if they want to sign up with an NFL team, they are going to have to swallow their pride and accept less money than they used to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football