U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 09:47 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,122,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
I like your all LA Super Bowl prediction!! Especially with the Rams winning it all!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
The NFL would LOVE an all-L.A. Super Bowl. If this game happens you can expect the "NFL is rigged" crowd to come out in force!
Ha! Wouldn't that be something!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2018, 11:00 AM

2,532 posts, read 4,957,010 times
Patriots beat the Packers in the Super Bowl. Brady vs. Rogers.

Old 08-24-2018, 08:44 AM

6,536 posts, read 4,489,472 times
AFC East:
Patriots 12-4
Bills 7-9
Jets 6-10
Dolphins 5-11.
This will be the Patriots and the 3 dwarfs again. Bills coming off a miraculous playoff appearance they won't be back there, Jets are the Jets and the Dolphins are meh.

AFC North:
Steelers 11-5
Ravens 9-7
Bengals 7-9
Browns 4-12.
Steelers should still be the favorites, but the Brown/Ben/Bell window is closing. Ravens are another mediocre team, depending on what happens elsewhere they may sneak a Wildcard, but nothing more. Bengals should be better than the Browns, and speaking of the Browns despite going 0-16 last year I don't think they were that terrible. If they had any half decent QB instead of Deshaun Kizer they would've snuck out a handful of wins last year, much like they'll do this year with Mayfield under center.

AFC South:
Jaguars 11-5
Texans 10-6*
Titans 8-8
Colts 5-11.
Jags defense will do just enough to ensure that Blake Bortles can do just enough, Texans with a full year (hopefully) of Watson, let's see what they can do. Don't think Titans will get a playoff spot with Watson playing the full year, and I have to see Luck play more than a full game before I give the Colts any kind of anything.

AFC West:
Chiefs 10-6
Broncos 9-7*
Chargers 8-8
Raiders 5-11.
Andy Reid will get you to the dance, just once you get there he leaves, so you have to find a new dance partner, Broncos finally have a stable presence under center but the defense will still win it for them, Chargers to me scream incredibly ordinary, Rivers the grizzled old man can still wing it, and keep the Chargers in games, but they can never close them out, and the Raiders are preparing for the Vegas move.

AFC wildcard round:
#3 Jaguars over #6 Broncos
#5 Texans over #4 Steelers

AFC Divisional Round:
#1 Patriots over #5 Texans
#3 Jaguars over #2 Chiefs

AFC Championship game:
#3 Jaguars over #1 Patriots. Jags probably should have beaten them last year, they'll get the deal done this year

NFC West:
Rams 10-6
Niners 9-7
Seahawks 9-7
Cardinals 3-13.
Could be the best division in football this year. Rams have retooled and look like a trendy Super Bowl pick, while the Niners will get a full season of Jimmy G, and I think people are underestimating the Seahawks, that's still going to be one of the toughest places to win in the NFL. The Cardinals well.....at least they still have Larry Fitzgerald.

NFC South:
Falcons 12-4
Saints 10-6*
Panthers 7-9
Buccaneers 3-13.
Could challenge the NFC West for "best division in football." Matt Ryan and Drew Brees will go back and forth for the division with I think Ryan and the Falcons take in the end, Panthers are going to be overrated they might not even finish .500, and the Bucs well they will be awful.

NFC North:
Vikings 13-3
Packers 10-6*
Lions 8-8
Bears 6-10.
Vikings still look good as they try to avenge that embarrassing NFCCG loss, and the Packers with Rogers will nip at their heels, but the Vikes should take the division. Lions will be OK I think, but Bellicheck assistants have questionable records when they go out on their own, and the Bears with Trubisky are still improving but stuck in the wrong division and wrong league.

NFC East:
Eagles 11-5
Cowboys 8-8
Redskins 7-9
Giants 4-12.
Will the Eagles have a Super Bowl hangover?? We'll see. Cowboys take a step back without Witten, but with Dak and Zeke they should still be OK, Redskins will be mediocre, Alex Smith is like Phillip Rivers he'll keep you in games, but can't win the big one and the Giants defense can't possibly be worse than last year can they??

NFC Wildcard round:
#6 Packers over #3 Eagles
#4 Rams over #5 Saints

NFC Divisional Round:
#4 Rams over #1 Vikings
#2 Falcons over #6 Packers

NFC Championship game:
#2 Falcons over #4 Rams. Rams have a talented roster, but playing in that division could knock them down the NFC seeding latter, and I think it could hurt them in the end.

Super Bowl:
#3 AFC Jaguars over #2 NFC Falcons. Defense wins championships, and that Jags defense has them primed for a Super Bowl.

Old 08-24-2018, 09:01 AM

929 posts, read 296,546 times
AFC East:

Patriots: 10-6
Dolphins: 8-8
Jets: 7-9
Bills: 3-13

The Patriots have their share of defensive deficiencies. Belichick was able to pull off some magic the second half of last season until the Super Bowl. My gut tells me he won't be quite so successful this year, but all the same, the division is weak. The Dolphins will be way better than people expect with the return of Tannehill and the departure of a way overpaid Suh, as well as a locker room cancer in Landry, who as a slot receiver is replaceable. But way better still doesn't mean playoffs.

AFC North:

Ravens: 12-4
Steelers: 10-6
Bengals: 8-8
Browns: 4-12

Cinci and Baltimore will be better than most expect, particularly the Ravens. I expect a better year from Flacco and the defense while at times inconsistent last season, still has a higher ceiling than perhaps any other in the NFL. Sleeper team to win it all. I think we'll see Rothlisberger's skills set start to decline more on a constant level this coming season. I certainly haven't trusted him game in and game out for several seasons. When he is hot, he is as good if not better than any current QB. But I expect more lows than highs starting this coming year- and I have no faith in Mike Tomlin to make the necessary adjustments.

AFC South:

Texans: 11-5
Jaguars: 10-6
Titans: 7-9
Colts: 4-12

A lot of uncertainty in my mind with this division. One thing for sure: it finally isn't the doggie poo division of the NFL heading into the season, like it has been for eons. The Texans could be very good after being managed too long by Bill O'Brien, who I always thought was a lousy head coach. Will Watson continue to excel? I'm not concerned about the injury as much as what inevitably seems to happen to these run happy quarterbacks after a short duration of success, after which defenses seem to make the necessary adjustments. Also, how healthy is Andrew Luck? And is the Jaguars defense as good as what it has been made out to be? Lots of play makers, but at times it was porous and gave up big chunks of yardage and points.

AFC West:

Chiefs: 12-4
Chargers: 9-7
Raiders 8-8
Broncos: 6-10

Patrick Mahomes is going to surprise people, with the aid of some real play makers. The Chiefs aren't taking a step or two back, like many seem to be predicting- and even a suspect D isn't dissuading me from labeling them a legit Super Bowl contender.

NFC East:

Eagles: 11-5
Giants: 7-9
Cowboys: 6-10
Redskins: 5-11

There won't be much of a hangover for Philly, even though that typically seems to be the case. I have a lot of faith in Doug Pederson to not let that happen, as well as with Carson Wentz under center, a QB who is likely motivated by feeling he was left out of the party so to speak. And let's see if this is the year alas Jay Gruden and Jason Garrett collect their pink slips. Terrible head coaches.

NFC North:

Vikings: 11-5
Packers: 10-6
Lions: 9-7
Bears: 6-10

The Vikings moved on from Case Keenum, which I think was a bad move. Not buying into the Cousins hype. But let's also not forget this top defense from a year ago was porous the last six quarters of last season. Tough call at the top. For kicks, I'll give I think the division to Minnesota but a healthy Rodgers starts to click with the Green Bay offense late (like a couple of seasons ago), snags a wildcard, and beats Minnesota on the road in the playoffs.

NFC South:

Falcons: 13-3
Saints: 12-4
Panthers: 9-7
Buccaneers: 5-11

Again will be the best division in football. Atlanta and New Orleans are the best two teams in the NFC, perhaps the NFL. The Saints have at long last an actual defense to contend, and Sean Payton has rejuvenated the offense with young play makers. The Falcons quietly turned things around after a disastrous first half of last season, miraculously making the playoffs in a top heavy NFC in 2017- then throttling the Rams on the road, and were a short completion away from winning at Philly. The defense has become top notch without much notoriety. The offense adjusted alas to life without Kyle Shanahan. My pick to win it all. The Panthers are still good, but they are in the wrong division- and who knows with Cam Newton.

NFC West:

Rams: 10-6
Seahawks: 9-7
49ers: 7-9
Cardinals: 2-14

I think the Rams and especially the Niners have been over-hyped. Not buying into all the free agent signings by the Rams, nor am I sold on Garoppolo. The Rams are good, but there are better teams in the conference.

Wildcard Playoffs:
Texans over Chargers
Steelers over Patriots
Packers over Vikings
Saints over Rams

Divisional Playoffs:
Ravens over Steelers
Chiefs over Texans
Falcons over Packers
Saints over Eagles

Conference Championships:
Chiefs over Ravens
Falcons over Saints

SUPER BOWL LIII
Falcons over Chiefs

Old 08-24-2018, 09:06 AM

4,883 posts, read 3,973,523 times
I am hard at work on my picks. I am waiting for the weekends games to finish because I fear that as in years past, significant injuries will happen to starters in the 3rd game of preseason.

I hate seeing anyone get injured, but it is a risky part of the game. Hopefully everyone will be ok, but in oreseasons past, an injury to a key started has hurt a team or two.

Otherwise, I am working on my predictions

Old 08-24-2018, 03:56 PM

774 posts, read 651,345 times
Falcons beat the Jaguars in the Superbowl

Old 08-25-2018, 09:00 AM

4,883 posts, read 3,973,523 times
If you follow the sportswriters, tonites preaseason may have a couple of potential Super Bowl prematches
Jags vs falcons and saints vs chargers. Texans and rams are a longer shot.

Old 08-25-2018, 03:00 PM

4,847 posts, read 6,359,735 times
Lions v Browns. Super Bowl. It's happening.

Old 08-25-2018, 03:18 PM

11,826 posts, read 8,245,143 times
Living in Mass. I have always been a Patriots fan but after watching them last night against the Panthers I have to question their chance to make it to the SB. Once again it feels like Tom Brady has no one to throw to. Yes their is Gronk, Edelman comes back in game 5, Hogan and a few others but we need a stand out.

I feel that when Brady lets one go I hope someone will catch it but any other team it is like Don't catch it. Edelman is the money man but even he has off plays like last night he dropped a few. I don't think the Patriots have had a stand out receiver since Randy Moss. You have the greatest QB of all time and year after year he is throwing to slightly above average guys?

Come on coach.

Old 08-25-2018, 05:47 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,857,414 times
Come on Todd. Cry me a river. Brady has one of the greatest receiving threats in the game in Gronk. Just because the initials TE are after his name does not mean he is any less of a receiver. Many teams in the league have a good receiver on their team just like the Pats have in Edleman. But hardly any have a great TE.

Brady and the Pats will be fine as usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or