U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 10:58 AM

27,092 posts, read 6,028,655 times

Advertisements

I haven't seen the pre-season games, so just wondering...

Any significant players change teams? Coaches still in place??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2018, 01:44 PM

4,313 posts, read 1,876,500 times
Buffalo looks especially tough this year. Gonna be real tough to watch them play on Sunday’s.

Old 09-01-2018, 02:27 PM

Thanks

Old 09-01-2018, 02:54 PM

16,545 posts, read 21,042,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post

Any significant players change teams?

Khalil Mack is pretty significant, I would say! Earlier today The Oakland Raiders traded him to the Chicago Bears for two #1 draft choices for the 2019 and 2020 seasons.

Old 09-01-2018, 03:02 PM

21,729 posts, read 14,459,228 times
I've been hearing on sports radio that the Saints are looking like an NFC championship team. I've also heard some chatter about the Falcons, but I don't have much faith in that team (the Saints I do though)

The real team to beat, with numerous off season additions, is the Los Angeles Rams. They picked up some significant defensive additions (Ndamukong Suh, Marcus Peters, Aqib Talib and Sam Shields on defense, all Pro Bowlers, will be joining All-Pro Aaron Donald to make up, on paper, one of the most fierce looking defenses in recent memory) They also gave All Pro RB Todd Gurley a huge new contract, and picked up deep threat Brandin Cooks from the Patriots.

They look like the team to beat in the NFC.

http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angeles...-elite-cb-trio

Old 09-01-2018, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I've been hearing on sports radio that the Saints are looking like an NFC championship team. I've also heard some chatter about the Falcons, but I don't have much faith in that team (the Saints I do though)

The real team to beat, with numerous off season additions, is the Los Angeles Rams. They picked up some significant defensive additions (Ndamukong Suh, Marcus Peters, Aqib Talib and Sam Shields on defense, all Pro Bowlers, will be joining All-Pro Aaron Donald to make up, on paper, one of the most fierce looking defenses in recent memory) They also gave All Pro RB Todd Gurley a huge new contract, and picked up deep threat Brandin Cooks from the Patriots.

They look like the team to beat in the NFC.

Los Angeles Rams' 2018 free agency: Analysis of every signing - Los Angeles Rams Blog- ESPN

Suh and Talib are enough to impress me! Then add in the others...guess they have the same quarterback, forgot his name right now.

Maybe the Falcons will do better....and yes, Saints are not a surprise...

Old 09-09-2018, 12:35 PM

9 posts, read 2,405 times
Has to be the Bears. Best off season of anyone. Great new coaches and kept Fangio and his defensive coaches. Great new free agent players and another great draft. Whole new offense. And the defense the The Monsters of the Midway are back! I think they are building something special with a great defense which is their tradition be it the great defenses under Halas or the great defenses under Buddy Ryan and later Dick Jouron.

Old 09-10-2018, 07:34 PM

4,917 posts, read 3,996,259 times
JETSlooking good tonite

Old 09-10-2018, 08:00 PM

11,737 posts, read 11,590,809 times
Interesting to go back and read this! Yes, Mack was good, all over the place 1st half, 2nd half not so much, but Bears can't live on their D alone. Now I've seen him play, having him on the Packers would have been good but not giving up the draft picks. He could have replaced Clay Matthews! I know they say a good D can win SB's, you need a QB that can hold their own and not make mistakes.

Saints lost, a surprise, so did the Falcons. One loss to start the season isn't the end of the world, but it does matter how teams bounce back from the loss! As it has been of late, the NFC will be interesting, the AFC not so much, not enough competition there, which is really too bad. I'd rather every single division be very competitive.

Addition: As Cat said, how about those Jets? Naturally, I picked the Lions!

Last edited by susancruzs; 09-10-2018 at 08:06 PM.. Reason: Addition

Old 09-11-2018, 01:55 PM

929 posts, read 300,220 times
RG3 anyone? Sure Sam Darnold looked very good. Sure Matt Patricia looked lost. But anointing Darnold the greatest Jets QB since Namath; suggesting Patricia is already the next Belichick understudy headed towards failure as a head football coach. Whoa! Let’s slow down folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or