U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 05:11 PM

23,668 posts, read 33,522,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
First week is always tough, so here are my best guesses! Thank you, Calico, for keeping track of us week to week!

Falcons @ Eagles
Bills @ Ravens
Jaguars
@ Giants
Bucs @ Saints
Texans @ Patriots
49ers @ Vikings
Titans
@ Dolphins
Bengals @ Colts
Steelers
@ Browns
Chiefs @ Chargers
Seahawks @ Broncos
Cowboys @ Panthers
Redskins
@ Cardinals
Bears @ Packers
Jets @Lions
Rams
@ Raiders
Eagles
Ravens
Jaguars
Saints
Texans
Vikings
Dolphins
Colts
Steelers
Chargers
Seahawks
Panthers
Cardinals
Packers
Lions
Rams
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 06:27 PM

8,855 posts, read 4,758,749 times
Falcons
Bills
Jaguars
Saints
Patriots
Vikings
Titans
Bengals
Steelers
Chargers
Broncos
Cowboys
Redskins
Bears
Lions
Raiders

Old 09-03-2018, 10:28 PM

6,556 posts, read 4,515,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
165-75 nicholas_n
160-80 RightonWalnut
160-80 Calico696
158-82 iknowftball

Nicholas came in late in the season with numbers from another place where he was doing a pick 'em. If you want the full list it is here, didn't want to paste the whole list.

NFL WEEK 16 2017 Games

Geez! I was terrible last year, I should ban myself from the contest this year so I don't have to drop down the cumulative win loss record .

I have Thursday's off at my new job, so I'll probably be posting my picks Thursday afternoon, and I'll get the week 1 picks in then. Happy picking everyone, and best of luck, I know I will certainly need it!!

Old 09-04-2018, 06:23 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,143,804 times
NFL 2018 WEEK 1 PICKS:
New season, new coaches, new players, new schemes, new games! Let’s pick ‘em! – Colt

Thursday, September 6
Atlanta @ PhiladelphiaSuper Bowl Eagles fly past the Falcons in home opener!

Sunday, September 9 (early games)
Pittsburgh @ Cleveland – Browns are “different”, but Steelers give ‘em more of the same
Cincinnati @ Indianapolis – Andy goes up against Andrew!
Tennessee @ Miami – Magnificent Mariotas leap over Touchy Tannehill & the Finicky Fins
San Francisco @ Minnesota – Overly estimated Jiminy G outplayed by overpaid Kirk
Houston @ New England – Deshaun healthy, but is there enough Wattage for Brady Bunch?
Tampa Bay @ Nawlins – Will Saints send Bucs packing… in driverless Ubers?
Jax Jags @ NY Giants – Eli over Blake Bortles
Buffalo @ Baltimore – Ravens juke the Bills
Kansas City @ LA Chargers – Rivers & Bolts electrocute Chiefs
(Late Games)
Seattle @ Denver – Broncos defeat depleted Squawks
Washington Redskins @ Arizona – Will Sam Bradford be upright after this game?
Dallas @ Carolina – Cam dances, prances and smiles at home against Dak & Zeke
(Evening Game)
Chicago @ Green Bay$134 Million reasons why Aaron will beat you!

Monday, September 10 (Double Header)
NY Jets @ Detroit – Lions shoot down the Jets!
LA Rams @ Oakland – Will Chucky’s bitter beer face scare the Lambs?

Old 09-04-2018, 10:34 AM

115 posts, read 25,557 times
Week 1 Picks

Falcons @ Eagles
Bills @ Ravens
Jaguars @ Giants
Bucs @ Saints
Texans @ Patriots
49ers @ Vikings
Titans @ Dolphins
Bengals @ Colts
Steelers @ Browns
Chiefs @ Chargers
Seahawks @ Broncos
Cowboys @ Panthers
Redskins @ Cardinals
Bears @ Packers
Jets @ Lions
Rams @ Raiders

Old 09-04-2018, 07:28 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,062,258 times
Looking forward to another season of awful picking and even worse analysis by yours truly.

Falcons @ Eagles-Eagles already proved they can win the Super Bowl with Nick Foles under center, so I'll take them to squeak by the Dirty Birds in what should be a spectacular Thursday night dandy to kick off the season.

Bills @ Ravens--I can't imagine picking the Bills in too many games this year. It looks like they're in for a rough season. Somehow Nathan Peterman won the starting QB job and he could be in for a long night with the Bills patchwork offensive line. Ravens aren't that great either, but Flacco and company should be able to win this at home.

Jaguars @ Giants-Outside of the London games, I'm still not sold on the Jaguars. They supposedly have a lights-out defense, but Eli has ODB back and a future star in Saquon Barkley to hand the rock to. I think the Giants will bounce back from a horrible season.

Bucs @ Saints--Winston got suspended three games for being a weirdo. I'm tempted to pick Tampa Bay here since there's no Winston to smoke. But, come on now, it's N'awlins at home with Drew Brees and Alvin Kamara. Saints should take this easily.

Texans @ Patriots-I'll bite on this upset pick. I think with Watson back that this will be a shootout just like last year's regular season matchup between these teams. At the present time with Edelman suspended and the Patriots backfield hobbled, I believe Watson will outduel Brady and get the win. Pats dropped the season opener last year and it didn't hurt them any. I figure they'll get a loss here and infuriate Belichick enough that the Pats will proceed to run the table and annoy most of America.

49ers @ Vikings-Here's looking at a 9-7 season, Viqueens. I know a few Vikings fans who think they're a Kirk Cousins away from winning a Super Bowl. I think they're trending towards mediocrity with their new QB and predict they'll get off to a rough start against my Niners. In Jimmy G. we trust. The guy just refuses to lose. We'll be without our number 1 running back, so it'll be all on Jimmy G's shoulders to lead us to victory. Go Niners!

Titans @ Dolphins-Yeah, I remember the Titans made the playoffs last year. Heck, they even won a playoff game. I just like the Fins now that Tannehill is back under center. No, he's not great, but I like him better than Cutler. Kenyan Drake should have a big game.

Bengals @ Colts-Somehow Marvin Lewis got a 2-year contract extension. A win here would be a good start in justifying that move. I know Luck is supposed to be the savior for the Colts, but I think the Colts will still suck this season even with Luck.

Steelers @ Browns-Watching Hard Knocks has me pretty amped on the idea of a Browns redemption season, but I can't pull the trigger on an upset pick. I remember watching Jeff Fisher's Los Angeles Rams on Hard Knocks and thinking they were gonna be good too. Maybe HBO can make any NFL team look good. I predict a dog fight. Browns always play the Steelers tough. The last three games have been decided by 4 points or less. With all this said, the Browns have only won 1 game over the last two seasons, so I'll go with the safe pick and take the Killer Bees here even if Bell doesn't end up playing. I do like the Browns to get 4 or 5 wins this season though.

Chiefs @ Chargers-Everyone seems very high on the homeless Carson Chargers this season. I'm not buying any of it. They're still the Chargers and will invent new ways to lose football games. They always suffer from injuries too. They just had to re-sign Antonio Gates again because their starting TE is out. I think the Chiefs will have another good season only to flounder in the playoffs yet again. I believe Mahomes will be an upgrade at the QB position overall. At times they'll miss the steady and heady Alex Smith, but Mahomes will be able to take the team to the next level offensively.

Seahawks @ Broncos-Now that the Broncos have a real QB (never thought I'd call Case Keenum that), I like their chances to compete against and defeat quality opponents like the Seahawks. Seahawks never seem to play that well on the road since they don't get any help from the 12th man or the homer calls.

Cowboys @ Panthers--Just like the last few years, I hate the Cowboys and won't be picking them to win any games this season. I'd rather my picking record get destroyed than to pick the Cowboys to win any game. Besides the Panthers should win this with Superman, McCaffrey and company.

Redskins @ Cardinals- As long as Sam Bradford stays upright and David Johnson stays healthy, the Cards should rebound this year. My main concern with the Cardinals is watching Bruce Arians on the sidelines. He always looks like he's going to have a heart attack.

Bears @ Packers--There's about 134 million reasons why I think the Packers will take this game. Rodgers historically has dominated Da Bears. I see that happening again in Week 1, but it's nice to see Da Bears are, at least, trying with the acquisition of Khalil Mack.

Jets @ Lions- I think Sam Darnold will be the best of this rookie QB class, but there's no way the Jets are beating Matt Stafford and Jim Bob Cooter at Ford Field. JBC has all kinds of tricks up his sleeve.

Rams @ Raiders-I'll take the Gruden Grinder in an upset and predict Marshawn Lynch will outrush Todd Gurley in this Battle of Old Los Angeles. It'll be weird seeing Jordy Nelson play for the Raiders. Rams are the better team and will still have a big year, but I like Gruden, a former MNF analyst, to win his first game on on Monday Night Football.

Last edited by maniac77; 09-04-2018 at 08:25 PM..

Old 09-04-2018, 09:00 PM

578 posts, read 765,316 times
🏈
Atlanta Falcons @ Philadelphia Eagles
Buffalo Bills @ Baltimore Ravens
Jacksonville Jaguars @ New York Giants
Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ New Orleans Saints
Houston Texans @ New England Patriots
San Francisco 49ers @ Minnesota Vikings
Tennessee Titans @ Miami Dolphins
Cincinnati Bengals @ Indianapolis Colts
Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cleveland Browns
Kansas City Chiefs @ Los Angeles Chargers
Seattle Seahawks @ Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys @ Carolina Panthers
Washington Redskins @ Arizona Cardinals
Chicago Bears @ Green Bay Packers
New York Jets @ Detroit Lions
Los Angeles Rams @ Oakland Raiders
🏈

Old 09-04-2018, 10:23 PM

9,425 posts, read 17,446,834 times
Just in case I don't get the picks done by Thursday (like I did a couple times last year), I'll take Eagles over Falcons. But I won't be surprised at all if the Falcons win this one.

Old 09-05-2018, 01:58 AM

1,273 posts, read 506,576 times
NFL 2018 - Week 1 picks:

Eagles

Giants
Ravens
Saints
Patriots
Vkings
Titans
Bengals
Steelers
Chiefs
Seahawks
Cowboys
Cardinals
Lions
Packers

Rams

Old 09-05-2018, 07:32 AM

10,719 posts, read 11,134,746 times
Week 1 is always so hard to pick. I think I usually hit about 9-7 and feel I've done well. So here's my best guess for 2018's week 1:

Falcons @ Eagles: Eagles. So hard to pick but I think the champs opening up at home are going to come out the gate swinging in this showdown between NFC heavies.

Titans @ Dolphins: Titans. I'm not that high on either team for 2018, but the Titans appear to have a more complete roster. This is going to be a big year for Gase and Tannehill down in Miami. I'm intrigued by Vrable as HC in Tennessee.

49ers @ Vikings: Vikings. These are two very hyped teams. The Vikings are coming off a 13-3 run powered by defense and an efficient offense and paid a steep price to upgrade at QB. The 49ers finished hot and many expect them to carry their momentum into this season. Maybe they will. Just not this week.

Texans @ Patriots: Patriots. Even if Watson returns to his pre-injury form I just don't see the Texans going on the road and knocking off the Patriots in the first game of the season. Of course I said the same thing about the Chiefs last year, so...

Buccaneers @ Saints: Saints. I'm starting the "first pick in the 2019 Draft" watch party today. The Bucs are my favorite to win that one.

Jaguars @ Giants: Giants. Jaguars will be eager to pick up where they left off and show that run to the AFCCG was not a fluke. The Giants are ready to get back into contending. Something has to give here.

Bengals @ Colts: Colts. I'm not a big believer in either team but will give the Colts the benefit of the doubt at home.

Steelers @ Browns: Steelers. But here's the catch: I think the Browns play this one tight and Steelers fans are left breathing a sigh of relief when a late score secures them the win.

Bills @ Ravens: Ravens. With the Bills playoff drought over they look to take the first steps to...starting another playoff drought.

Chiefs @ Chargers: Chargers. Okay, maybe I'm a sucker for the Chargers because despite their notorious ability to find ways to lose games, it's a new season so fresh start. They have the defense to give MaHomes problems, though they need to prove they can stop the run. (Bonus prediction: Reid always has a couple games a season that leave you wondering WTF he was thinking. If the Chargers win, I'll be willing to predict Reid didn't stick to the run long enough to test how improved that 32nd ranked unit is.)

Redskins @ Cardinals: Redskins. I'll believe the improved defense when I see it, and Smith replacing Cousins is not necessarily an upgrade. It's not a downgrade either. Just a different style of play. Still they appear closer to game ready than the Cardinals at this point.

Cowboys @ Panthers: Panthers. Cowboys offense may be lacking in down field play makers while the defense doesn't seem to have any standouts that will require deliberate game planning. Cam and the Panthers dice them up.

Seahawks @ Broncos: Broncos. I don't think the Seahawks defense is going to be that dominant but I don't know how good that Broncos offense will be just yet. On the strength of the Broncos defense and playing at home I am picking them to win a low scoring affair.

Bears @ Packers: Packers. If Rodgers would have known the Mack trade was coming do you think he would have milked another mil or two out of that contract?

Jets @ Lions: Lions. Is the NFL actively trying to decrease interest in Monday Night Football?

Rams @ Raiders: Rams. The team L.A. got vs the team L.A. wanted. I'm adding the Raiders to that "first pick" watch list.

Good luck everyone (except the Seahawks) this week!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football