U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 06:04 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,140,458 times

Advertisements

NFL 2018 WEEK 2 PICKS:
At the risk of repeating myself… PICK ‘EM! -- sez the Colt

Thursday, September 13
Baltimore @ Cincy – Ravens ink a purple tattoo on Andy’s head

Sunday, September 16 (Early Games)
Carolina @ Atlanta – Will Matty go ice cold – at home?
LA Chargers @ Buffalo – Bolts unplug the Bills
Minnesota @ Green Bay – 1-legged Aaron beats a fully-limbed overpaid Kirk
Houston @ Tennessee – Battle of the 0-1 teams
Cleveland @ Saints – 1-TIE Brownies unable to Draw Drew into an Equalizer
Miami @ NY Jets – Weather permitting… game slated for less than 7 hours
Kansas City @ Pittsburgh – Steelers: no more TIEs -- going for Ws!
Philadelphia @ Tampa Bay – Amish rifle’s beard ripped off by Eagles D
Indy @ WashingtonAgeless Alex Smith & Adrian Peterson!
(Late Games)
Arizona @ LA Rams – Gurley surely runs roughshod over lackluster Cards
Detroit @ Santa Clara – It’s Jiminy G’s turn to beat up on the Lions
Oakland @ Denver – Will Chucky’s bitter beer face scare the Ponies?
New England @ Jax Jags – Brady Bunch beats Blake Bortles
(Evening Game)
NY Giants @ Dallas – Will Jerry’s glare scare Dak & Zeke into a W?

Monday, September 17
Seattle @ Chicago – Bears D overwhelms Emerald City Squawks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 07:56 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,866,783 times
Taking Baltimore tonight.

Old 09-13-2018, 12:50 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,985,930 times
Default Over half of the teams are still undefeated !

RAVENS at Bengals Both teams are Undefeated. The Ravens had last week off for a practice game against Bill's Buffaloes, meanwhile, the Bengals had a cakewalk against the Dolting Colts. SO no team was really challenged but I would take the Ravens in a divisional matchup. The Stripey Cats still have Dalton, but that's it, and Lewis is still on the sidelines, which spells disaster. 60% of the experts are picking the Ravens Week 2 is no easier to pick than week one. Whoever I pick will probably lose. But the Ravens are more experienced and Joe Flacco will key in on the rookie safety for some mismatches. They will also be all over the Bengals rookie center. Duvall's Ravens should get a win, maybe close though.

Pink Panthers @ FALCONS The Panfers have too many guys hurt. The Dirty Birds are back home, and what more can we say ?

HOMELESS CHARGERS @ Bill's Buffaloes WOW the Chargers get the week off on the road.

VIKINGS @ Packers This IS a hard pick, even in week 2 And CW says never bet against Susan's and Ashbeck's PACK in Lambeau But some things I saw last week make me think that the Vikes will, although they had an easier go than the Pack did. The Vikings will likely be Championship contenders, especially if they remain undefeated for the rest of the season.

TEXICANS @ Titans That marathon game took a toll on the Titans last week. They do not look ready for a team hungry for a win after losing the the Hatriots.

Browns @ SAINTS Wake Up Drew Brees and company: The season is not a cakewalk to the Super Bowl, regardless of what the "experts" have said.

MY Finz @ THE JETS I saw some things about my Finz last week that made me think that they are not ready for the Jet's attack just yet.

CHIEFS @ Steelers I have to agree, the Chiefs are ok, but the Steelers are in disarray.

EAGLES @ Buccaneers There is a reason that Calico's Eagles are the champs.

Colts @ REDSKINS Skinsguy's Skins are looking good with Alex Smith. He proved himslef with the Chiefs, and I found out that the reason Smith was let go was because he took the last Hostess Twinky out of the machine and Andy Ried wanted to eat it. He got mad, went with Mahomes (who does not eat ugar) thus assuring himself of a greater supply of snacks.

Pesky Red Birds @ RAMS Colt's Cardinals took the week off last week, and this week will be a tough one to bounce back The Rams took it to the Raiders and ruined Chucky's return.

Lions @ 49ers Tim's 49ers looked good considering that they were playing a team likely to compete for the NFC Championship. The Lions were off to a no start, and I do not see them having enough time to travel, get the offense in order, shore up the defense, and get the coach enough FOOD to keep him focused on the game. 49ers are back home, Jimmy G can get back into his groove and the 49ers take a Win .... while the Lion's coach dreams of Big Macs and fries.

Raiders @ BRONCOS Expect a real slobberknocker here. It will take Chucky some time to build his team back, and sequels are rarely as good as the originals anyway.

PATRIOTS @ Jaguars I have to agree with I know Football here. An experienced Brady will find a way to beat an overly Cautious Bortles. And the spotted cats are too banged up already.

GIANTS @ Cowboys Both teams are STILL searching for their first win of the season. Just like Maniac, I HATE the Cowboys and like seeing them lose. That being said, the Giants will win IF they focus on Looney and Williams, the two VERY weak links in the Cowboys O Line, have someone SPY Elliot on each play and have someone chase Dak, because he gets frustrated when someone is after him, making him hold the ball too long. Locking up his receivers should be no problem. On Offense, the Cowboys will probably not be able to defend against the Play Action where Manning can hand off or toss to his rookie RB or thrown downfield to Beckham.

Seahawks @ BEARS Will go to bed early Monday and skip this one. Bears will have home cave advantage, and Seahawks have yet to win on the road. Pete Carroll must be riding out the season to retirement where he can then retire to Hawaii or Laguna beach and ride out waves instead.....

Old 09-13-2018, 01:49 PM

6,553 posts, read 4,511,174 times
Last week: 8-7
Overall: 8-7

Baltimore @ Cincinnati. Big time win for the Ravens after Cincinnati plucked them out of the playoffs week 17 of last year.
Carolina @ Atlanta. Falcons at home.
Los Angeles Chargers @ Buffalo. I'm always weary of picking the West Coast team traveling east for the 1 PM kickoff, but that Bills team, woof! Long season ahead.
Minnesota @ Green Bay. Packers can't be starting down 0-20 again and expect to comeback against the Vikes.
Houston @ Tennessee. I'll take Watson and the Texans in the AFC South battle
Cleveland @ New Orleans. 1 week could be a fluke, but if Mayfield lights up that Saints D as well...
Miami @ New York Jets. One of the best showings in week 1?? Can Darnold avoid turning into a pumpkin in his home debut??
Kansas City @ Pittsburgh. Chiefs looked impressive week 1; Steelers blew a 21-7 lead halfway through the 4th quarter and not so much.
Philadelphia @ Tampa Bay. I'll take the Eagles to fly high.
Indianapolis @ Washington. No luck for Luck and the Colts as they fall to 0-2
Arizona @ Los Angeles Rams. Rams at home over Colt's pesky Redbirds who
Detroit @ San Francisco. While the Jets had one of the best showings week 1, the team opposite them that week 1 game had one of the worst showings. Score a touchdown in the first 20 seconds of the game and you STILL lose by 30?? That's hard to do.
Oakland @ Denver. Broncos get their second straight win at home.
New England @ Jacksonville. I'll take the Jags at home
New York Giants @ Dallas. Key game in the NFC East race as the loser who will fall to 0-2 will be like me in the standings pool: extremely behind the 8 ball. I'll take the Giants even on the road because they looked a lot more competent against a team I have predicted in the Super Bowl, than the Cowboys did against a team I predicted would finish at .500.
Seattle @ Chicago. Both teams looked good in road losses last week, so I'll take the Bears at home.

Old 09-13-2018, 03:00 PM

216 posts, read 128,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Yeah those games are clunkers. Too many injuries
Someone please tell me they're no longer doing Thursday night Color Rush.

Old 09-13-2018, 04:27 PM

2,776 posts, read 2,381,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 37 Pieces of Flair View Post
Someone please tell me they're no longer doing Thursday night Color Rush.
Sadly, Color Rush has ended for Thur nights . . . kind of. Ravens are incorporating white tops tonight. Teams can now wear partial or full color rush uniforms on non-Thur night games though. For example, Bengals wore color rush uniforms for week 1, but won't tonight.

Old 09-13-2018, 06:19 PM

3,965 posts, read 2,518,544 times
Taking the Ravens tonight.

Old 09-13-2018, 06:22 PM

2,977 posts, read 3,971,894 times
Taking Baltimore tonight and catching up later........wow, just made it

Old 09-13-2018, 07:16 PM

11,729 posts, read 11,570,688 times
So . . . game kind of starting like the Bears @ Packers game! AJ Green with 3 TDs and most of us picked the Ravens, a few did pick the Bengals!

Old 09-13-2018, 09:19 PM

6,847 posts, read 7,911,328 times
Baltimore @ Cincinnati (Picked earlier)
Carolina @ Atlanta
Los Angeles Chargers @ Buffalo
Minnesota @ Green Bay
Houston @ Tennessee
Cleveland @ New Orleans
Miami @ New York Jets
Kansas City @ Pittsburgh
Philadelphia @ Tampa Bay
Indianapolis @ Washington
Arizona @ Los Angeles Rams
Detroit @ San Francisco
Oakland @ Denver
New England @ Jacksonville
New York Giants @ Dallas
Seattle @ Chicago

Last Week: 9-6
Season: 9-6
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football