Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 11:55 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,570,819 times

Advertisements

2018 Week 2 NFL Picks

Baltimore @ Cincinnati
Carolina @ Atlanta
Los Angeles Chargers @ Buffalo
Minnesota @ Green Bay
Houston @ Tennessee
Cleveland @ New Orleans
Miami @ New York Jets
Kansas City @ Pittsburgh
Philadelphia @ Tampa Bay
Indianapolis @ Washington
Arizona @ Los Angeles Rams
Detroit @ San Francisco
Oakland @ Denver
New England @ Jacksonville
New York Giants @ Dallas
Seattle @ Chicago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2018, 02:21 PM
YAZ

7,697 posts, read 14,013,394 times
If anyone picks the Cardinals or Lions to win this week, then I'll start a pool so we can pitch in for psychological exams. The two games that I watched (AZ & Det), were so pathetic that it's gonna take me a few weeks to get enthusiastic about football again.

Anyway, I reckon "for sure" victories for Baltimore & the Rams.

Old 09-11-2018, 02:53 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,029,069 times
Ravens
Falcons
Redskins
Titans
Eagles
Chiefs
Jets
Chargers
Packers
Saints
49'ers
Rams
Jaguars
Broncos
Bears
Cowboys

Old 09-11-2018, 02:56 PM

5,915 posts, read 6,402,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
2018 Week 2 NFL Picks

Baltimore @ Cincinnati
Carolina @ Atlanta
Minnesota @ Green Bay
Houston @ Tennessee
Cleveland @ New Orleans
Miami @ New York Jets
Kansas City @ Pittsburgh
Philadelphia @ Tampa Bay
Detroit @ San Francisco
Oakland @ Denver
New York Giants @ Dallas
Seattle @ Chicago

Ravens
Falcons
Chargers
Packers
Texans
Saints
Jets
Chiefs
Eagles
Redskins
Rams
49ers
Raiders
Patriots
Giants
Seahawks

Old 09-11-2018, 04:03 PM

26,680 posts, read 41,529,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
2018 Week 2 NFL Picks

Baltimore @ Cincinnati
Carolina @ Atlanta
Minnesota @ Green Bay
Houston @ Tennessee
Cleveland @ New Orleans
Miami @ New York Jets
Kansas City @ Pittsburgh
Philadelphia @ Tampa Bay
Detroit @ San Francisco
Oakland @ Denver
New York Giants @ Dallas
Seattle @ Chicago
Baltimore
Carolina
LA Chargers
Minnesota
Houston
Cleveland
NY Jets
Kansas City
Tampa Bay
Washington
LA Rams
San Francisco
Denver
New England
Dallas
Chicago

Old 09-11-2018, 08:09 PM

1,310 posts, read 1,497,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
If anyone picks the Cardinals or Lions to win this week, then I'll start a pool so we can pitch in for psychological exams. The two games that I watched (AZ & Det), were so pathetic that it's gonna take me a few weeks to get enthusiastic about football again.

Anyway, I reckon "for sure" victories for Baltimore & the Rams.
As a Ravens fan, I worry that they will have a hard time getting ready for a real NFL team after facing the Bills on Sunday. They might win, but I predict a poor first half.

Old 09-11-2018, 08:32 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,414,366 times
Baltimore @ Cincinnati

Carolina @ Atlanta

Minnesota @ Green Bay

Houston @ Tennessee

Cleveland @ New Orleans

Miami @ New York Jets

Kansas City @ Pittsburgh

Philadelphia @ Tampa Bay

Detroit @ San Francisco

Oakland @ Denver

New York Giants @ Dallas

Seattle @ Chicago

It's easier to use color.

BTW, no upsets here, either, and am assuming Rodgers will play for GB.

Old 09-12-2018, 08:29 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,448,451 times
Baltimore @ Cincinnati-Yeah, I know Baltimore killed the Bills last week and I think they should win this, but I'm going with my opposite feeling since my picking record on Thursday Night Football was horrible last year. Bengals certainly have a chance since it's a short week, it's their home opener, and an intense AFC North rivalry game.

Carolina @ Atlanta-I don't know why I always pick against the Falcons. They have owned the Panthers winning 4 of the last 5 meetings and Carolina hasn't won in Atlanta since 2014. I just have low confidence in Matt Ryan and think the Panthers will find a way to eke out a victory with Superman, McCaffrey and company.

Los Angeles Chargers @ Buffalo-Maybe if this game were being played in a blizzard in December, I might consider taking the Bills. Since it's September and the weather isn't that bad yet, the homeless Chargers of Los Angeles, formerly of San Diego, who play their games in Carson, should win this easily. Chargers were the beneficiaries of the infamous 5-INT Nathan Peterman game last year. Buffalo could very well go 0-16 this season.

Minnesota @ Green Bay-Obviously this pick is being made with the belief that Aaron Rodgers will play. If DeShone Kizer goes out there against Purple Reign, the Vikes win this easily. It will be a tough game even if a hobbled Rodgers plays, but magical things happen all the time at Lambeau.

Houston @ Tennessee-Watson just had a bad game last week. It definitely happens, especially against the Patriots. I think he'll rebound nicely against the Fighting Mariotas. Yes, I remember the Titans made the playoffs last year, but I think Houston is a lock for the postseason this year if Watson stays healthy. With Watson playing last year, the Texans beat the Titans 57-14.

Cleveland @ New Orleans-It seems that the matador defense is back in N'awlins. Cleveland actually has weapons this season with WRs Jarvis Landry and Josh Gordon. The question here is is Tyrod Taylor enough of a gunslinger to outduel Drew Brees? I don't think so.

Miami @ New York Jets-The jury is still out on the Jets. They looked great against the Lions, but a lot of that can be attributed to the Lions awful play. However, the Jets definitely earned a pick from me in this game because of their play. I wonder if Sam Darnold will spot the Fins 6 with a pick 6 to start out the game.

Kansas City @ Pittsburgh-I kind of want to pick a tie on this one. I think this will be a shootout and believe the Steel Curtain will be able stop the Chiefs just enough to eke out a victory at Heinz. Yes, KC won on the road last week, but I hardly count a trip to Carson to be a real road game when the Chiefs fans probably outnumbered the Chargers fans. Mahomes will be in a hostile environment this week. Steelers should've gotten a wakeup call with that tie to the Browns last week. Of course Andy Reid is prone to hot starts, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs took this.

Philadelphia @ Tampa Bay-Ryan Fitzpatrick is one of the best backup QBs in the business, but let's see how he does against a real defense. The only backup QB getting a win in this game will be Nick Foles.

Indianapolis @ Washington-Alex Smith seems to win wherever he goes, and if AP can give the Skins half the production that he had in his prime, Wershington could have a big year. Meanwhile, the Colts still suck with Luck.

Arizona @ Los Angeles Rams-I had no idea how bad the Cardinals were until Week 1. Rams, a Super Bowl favorite, should dominate in blowout fashion.

Detroit @ San Francisco-While I liked what I saw out of my Niners, I loved what I saw out of the Lions last week. If they can play that badly this week, my Niners should get their first win of the season against the portly Matt Patricia (who I bet wished stayed in NE). However, I doubt Matt Stafford has another bad game and gotta believe Jim Bob Cooter will have a few tricks up his sleeve for this.

Oakland @ Denver-I usually take Denver at home due to the altitude. Now that their offense is no longer on life support with Case Keenum under center I can confidently pick them against the Gruden Grinder.

New England @ Jacksonville-I picked against the Pats last week. I'm not making that mistake again. They'll find a way even against a stout Jags defense.

New York Giants @ Dallas-Is there a good Eli anymore? If so, will he please show up against the Cowboys and get a win in Jerry's house? He has actual weapons this season, so there are no excuses.

Seattle @ Chicago-The Seahawks aren't a good road team and Da Bears aren't a good home team. Something's gotta give here. I like what I saw from Chicago prior to their meltdown last week. If they can just seal the deal, they should be able to win this. BUT since it's Da Bears, they'll probably give Russell Wilson an opportunity for a last-second victory. Khalil Mack is a difference maker, so I'll give the slight edge to Da Bears.

Last edited by maniac77; 09-12-2018 at 08:59 AM..

Old 09-12-2018, 09:57 AM

4,455 posts, read 3,359,988 times
Ravens
Chiefs
Jets
Texans
Redskins
Bills
Patriots
Broncos
Packers
Eagles
Browns
Falcons
49ers
Rams
Cowboys
Seahawks

Old 09-12-2018, 10:24 AM

14,284 posts, read 14,522,716 times
Ravens
Panthers
Chargers
Packers
Titans
Saints
Jets
Steelers
Buccaneers
Redskins
Rams
49ers
Broncos
Patriots
Giants
Bears

Week 1: 10-5, dropping the tie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football