Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 08:27 AM

582 posts, read 2,038,453 times

Advertisements

if the patriots don't come to an agreement with randy moss by thursday evening he will become a free agent.why would the patriots not franchise a player of moss's caliber?rumor has it the patriots and moss are not even close on a deal.i can tell you if it's not done soon he will be a cowboy as jerry jones will pay.the patriots have been getting away with not paying players what they deserve and it is catching up with them as samuels will be leaving as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2008, 08:38 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,964,461 times
I'm an Eagles fan and I think it would be great if Moss went to Dallas. No locker room is big enough for both the egos of Moss and T.O., and the Cowgirls would absolutely self-destruct. Nothing brings a smile to my face in football season more than seeing that jackass Jerry Jones pacing the sidelines with a frown on his face when the Cowgirls are getting beat.

I wonder what the odds would be on who throws a temper tantrum about not getting the ball enough first, Moss or T.O.?

Old 02-27-2008, 08:44 AM

1,904 posts, read 3,987,200 times
Moss and TO in Dallas - now that's a "grab your popcorn" season!

I've heard that the Pats did not franchise Moss as they promised him they wouldn't in order to keep the lines of communication open. I've also heard that they are close to a deal but can't announce anything until the 29th. We'll see. The Pats have done a phenomenal job in the Belichek/Pioli era at bringing in quality players when they lose one of their own. I'm not overly concerned.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:55 AM

2,221 posts, read 2,925,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
No locker room is big enough for both the egos of Moss and T.O.
Exactly right, Romo would have a real fun time in the huddle having both of them screaming at him saying how they are both always open. It would be real fun to see though.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:08 AM

528 posts, read 2,480,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
the patriots have been getting away with not paying players what they deserve and it is catching up with them as samuels will be leaving as well.
so you think Asante is worth 100 million/ten years, with 30 million guaranteed? That's what he wanted from the Pats....I say thanks and goodbye....

Old 02-27-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toria View Post
so you think Asante is worth 100 million/ten years, with 30 million guaranteed? That's what he wanted from the Pats....I say thanks and goodbye....
the guy did his job and should get what he's worth.i don't know if that is what he is worth but if it is pay the man.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:59 AM

2,221 posts, read 2,925,857 times
Quote:
the patriots have been getting away with not paying players
If players are willing to take a pay cut to play with the best team in the NFL, I don't see how the Patriots are at fault by it. If they were your favorite team, I'm sure you would love it. The Patriots will do what they always do, plug in another player that will fit perfectly into their scheme.

As for Moss, I'd see him trying to stay in New England. By staying, it still gives him the best chance to win a Super Bowl.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HsvMike View Post
If players are willing to take a pay cut to play with the best team in the NFL, I don't see how the Patriots are at fault by it. If they were your favorite team, I'm sure you would love it. The Patriots will do what they always do, plug in another player that will fit perfectly into their scheme.

As for Moss, I'd see him trying to stay in New England. By staying, it still gives him the best chance to win a Super Bowl.
i don't think moss is the type to take less money because it's new england only the has beens do that.ala seau,harrison,bruschi.

Old 02-27-2008, 01:38 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
if the patriots don't come to an agreement with randy moss by thursday evening he will become a free agent.why would the patriots not franchise a player of moss's caliber?rumor has it the patriots and moss are not even close on a deal.i can tell you if it's not done soon he will be a cowboy as jerry jones will pay.the patriots have been getting away with not paying players what they deserve and it is catching up with them as samuels will be leaving as well.
bad idea for dallas. TO is already enough of a ticking time bomb, put Moss there and that time bomb could blow Dallas to kingdom come.

As for the pats they've won without Moss so they can actually afford to let him go.

Old 02-27-2008, 02:02 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
As a Minnesotan, I got so sick of seeing Randy Moss' pouting face on the TV night after night either crying he wasn't getting the ball enough or trying to defend his off field tactics.

I don't care what he did for the Vikings, I was happy to see him leave here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football