Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 11:45 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
The Giants stunk last year and I didn't see why things would be too much rosier this year. Ben McAdoo shouldn't have gotten the heat he did for benching Eli Manning. Manning and Rothlisberger are the oddest of all quarterbacks I've seen play in the NFL; can catch fire and look like Hall-of-Famers at different junctures of their careers, and then go thru stretches where they look not just total garbage, but look lackluster and act as they would rather be doing anything else other than playing football. The difference at this point is that Eli has been nothing but on the downside for quite a while and it isn't all on the o-line either.
A couple of miracle plays in Super Bowl games will probably be the difference as to why Eli Manning gets into the Hall of Fame. No way he'd have my vote; and nor should have Kurt Warner been in, but quarterbacks aren't evaluated impartially the way other position players are. And Barkley has played just six weeks of football and already epitomizes the reality that great running backs don't matter when it comes to compiling wins/championships; hence why the Dolphins could only negotiate a fourth round pick from the Eagles when they traded Jay Ajayi.
Chiefs-Pats is a great match-up and Steelers-Bengals is probably the only other real attractive game I'd go out of my way to watch in week 6.
I to this day don’t think it was McAdoo’s decision to bench Eli. I think it was ownership’s decision and McAdoo was scapegoated. McAdoo had no business as a head coach in the first place but the problem with NYG is in the front office who bet on winning now instead of rebuilding through developing players and cleaning up the cap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2018, 01:38 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,085,921 times
Eagles at Giants I picked the Eagles and they won. Wow the Giants are bottom 5 material all of the sudden. It is only week 6 and they have LOST 5 out of 6 games ! Yankees went out this week too. Bad week for New York Sports Fans so far

Succaneers at FALCONS This is a hard game to pick. Winston will be back, and the Dirty Birds may not be sure how to defend against him. Well, judging from the way he has played in years past, it should be easy. Force Fumbles, sack the QB and pick some interceptions. I hate picking this game, because one team will win and it may not be the one I picked. But I am going to stick with the Dirty Birds over the Succaneers

Chargers at BROWNS A Lot of people are picking the Brownies at home. I said early on that the Chargers were not as good as the so called "football experts" (the same ones who picked Ryan Leaf and Brian Bosworth to be HOF material) said they would be. I think that the Browns have the potential to get out-coached, but being that they can go the distance at home after their opponents charge runs out, why not? I am in last place anyway.

__________________________________________________ ___________________
=================================================
A SUPER BOWL REMATCH
49 years ago, the Colts were heavy favorites led by Earl Morrell with Johnny Unitas in reserve going against the super COOL Joe Willie Namath in Super Bowl 3 called the AFL NFL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. This marked the first win for the AFL, giving seriousness to the upstart league. This has gone on to be the most rematched Super Bowl in NFL history, as the Colts and Jets were placed in the same divison after the restructuring of the league.
Today, Good, Goode and Luck will face off against Baker Mayfield and his green aircraft.
I think that the Jets will prevail again, because the Colts are not the team they were in January of 1969
Colts at JETS
__________________________________________________ _________

SEAHAWKS at Raiders Well Blimey ! Go get the Lorry petrolled up then and check under the bonnet while I put on some trainers and a rugby jersey and let's go watch that awful American version of Rugby that is so classless. What are people waving horror movie toys at the players?

PANTHERS at Redskins The Skins week in first place comes to an end at the hands of a lackluster Cam Newton who has been adequate so far but not spectacular

Bill's Buffaloes at TEXICANS If Hell were real, and it is not, but being that it is Halloween month, could you imagine the Devil punishing people by setting all the TVs to this one game?

Pesky Red Birds at VIKINGS The Vikings took a week off when the Buffaloes came to town and got beat. I would think that they learned a lesson that you never ever take a week off in the NFL.

Steelers at BENGALS Big Ben gets beat by the red headed step child

BEARS at My FInz MY FINZ have usually done well against the Bears but with 3 starters off the Offensive line, it is the Bears turn to eat a fish.

RAMS at Broncos Ram are acutally mountain animals and would do better than an Equine in the Rocky Mountains. I would think that while horses have a kick, the Ramming headbutt of a Ram would knock a horse completely over.

Ravens at TITANS While it is hard to pick against the Ravens in October *, I think that the Titans will use their size and strength to keep aheadof the BlackBirds this time

JAGUARS at Cowboys The Spotted Cats will use their stealth to defeat the Cowboys. Jason Garrett will stand there and get out-coached. Again.

CHIEFS at Patriots The Chiefs can win a shootout and I am not 100% old on the Evil Patriots yet.

49ers at PACKERS The Indian Packing Company should be able to get a home win against a 49ers team that has already mined out this season.

Old 10-12-2018, 08:24 PM

11,248 posts, read 11,022,956 times
Eagles at Giants (Picked earlier)
Buccaneers at Falcons
Chargers at Browns
Colts at Jets
Seahawks at Raiders
Panthers at Redskins
Bills at Texans
Cardinals at Vikings
Steelers at Bengals
Bears at Dolphins
Rams at Broncos
Ravens at Titans
Jaguars at Cowboys
Chiefs at Patriots
49ers at Packers

Last Week: 11-4
Season: 47-29

Old 10-12-2018, 09:53 PM

9,755 posts, read 7,468,918 times
I said this on Twitter earlier today, but the Giants problems go far beyond Eli Manning. Their biggest problem is Beckham, and now they have $95 million reasons why they'll continue to be a disaster for the next 5 years. I don't care who you put under center, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, Roger Staubuch, the biggest problem the Giants have right now because no matter who gets the balls to Beckham he will still be a perpetulant, spoiled brat, a $95 million cry baby. No idea why the Giants gave him that contract, easily the worst contract in football. I've been saying for 2 years that they should've traded him after the 2016 season when he first started fighting inanimate sideline objects and started the sideshow because teams still thought highly of him, so the Giants should've made him someone else's problem while getting something back useful in return.....good luck with that now! One of, if not the highest paid receiver in football playing in New York, and he's already run his team over with the bus, should've cut him loose when you had the chance. Great talent?? I'm not sure he's a great talent, pretty good, but definitely way not worth the hassle and the negative attention that he brings to the team.

Old 10-13-2018, 04:03 PM

14,322 posts, read 14,618,819 times
I'm not changing my pick but what was I thinking picking the Buccaneers? Didn't much thought into it, obviously!

Old 10-13-2018, 05:48 PM

5,184 posts, read 6,139,618 times
Eagles WON

Falcons
Chargers at Browns
Jets
Seahawks
Panthers
Texans
Vikings
Steelers
Bears
Rams
Titans
Jaguars
Patriots

Packers

Good luck, everyone!

Old 10-13-2018, 08:48 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,877,334 times
Seahawks
Patriots
Packers
Falcons
Redskins
Jets
Vikings
Steelers
Chargers
Texans
Bears
Broncos
Cowboys

Old 10-13-2018, 09:08 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,233,609 times
Eagles at Giants (Picked earlier)

Buccaneers at Falcons
Chargers at Browns
Colts at Jets
Seahawks at Raiders
Panthers at Redskins
Bills at Texans
Cardinals at Vikings
Steelers at Bengals
Bears at Dolphins
Rams at Broncos
Ravens at Titans
Jaguars at Cowboys
Chiefs at Patriots

49ers at Packers

Season: 44-32

Old 10-14-2018, 06:29 AM

14,322 posts, read 14,618,819 times
I'm posting for Bill the Butcher he put Week 6 on Week 5, don't know if he will be back here before games start:

Atlanta
Carolina
Seattle
New York Jets
Minnesota
Pittsburgh
LA Chargers
Houston
Chicago
LA Rams
Baltimore
Dallas
Green Bay
New England

Old 10-14-2018, 08:02 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,616,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I'm posting for Bill the Butcher he put Week 6 on Week 5, don't know if he will be back here before games start:

Atlanta
Carolina
Seattle
New York Jets
Minnesota
Pittsburgh
LA Chargers
Houston
Chicago
LA Rams
Baltimore
Dallas
Green Bay
New England
Oh man. What was I thinking! LOL. Thank you Susan. Those are indeed my picks. That's why I need to go back to copy and pasting the OP.

Don't feel great about the Chargers pick at all but I will role with them for this week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football