Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 09:27 PM

9,716 posts, read 7,402,496 times

Advertisements

I'm wondering if the Giants will win another game this year, what a disaster! They make the Jets & Browns look like the Patriots & Packers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2018, 09:38 PM

7,216 posts, read 11,905,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I'm wondering if the Giants will win another game this year, what a disaster! They make the Jets & Browns look like the Patriots & Packers.

Dumpster fire!

Old 10-11-2018, 10:03 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,591,275 times
Good game by Carson Wentz and the Eagles. Giants looked either a bit tired or uninterested in football tonight.

In any case, the Colt is currently 1-0 for Week 6.

We're on to Sunday...

Old 10-11-2018, 10:05 PM

9,716 posts, read 7,402,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Dumpster fire!

That's the understatement of the century girl!

Old 10-12-2018, 06:04 AM

7,216 posts, read 11,905,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
That's the understatement of the century girl!

How much longer will they let Eli rattle around out there?

Anyway, 1-0!

Old 10-12-2018, 06:50 AM

14,312 posts, read 14,569,094 times
I'm 1-0, too and Giants are a mess. I have to say must be a tough road for Eli, having to deal with diva OBJ, teams personalities can become an issue! Congrats to the Eagles!

Old 10-12-2018, 07:24 AM

2,008 posts, read 1,578,321 times
Also 1-0, good to see the Eagles getting back on track.

Old 10-12-2018, 07:59 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,961,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I’ll take the Eagles over the Giants tonight. I’ll get the rest of my picks in probably tomorrow morning. Enjoy week 6 everyone!
Another 1-0 start in what has otherwise been a dismal season picking for me. Here goes my attempt at week 6:

Buccaneers @ Falcons: Falcons. I have been burned picking them a couple times now. The Bucs hot start is officially over and I am not a big believer in Winston.

Steelers @ Bengals: Bengals. They're off to a good start while the Steelers have shown signs of struggle on defense.

Chargers @ Browns: Browns. It's hard to fully trust this team as it's been a bit up and down on both sides of the ball. One thing we cannot dispute: this iteration of the Browns is far better than the last two!

Bills @ Texans: Texans. After a slow start they may be finding some traction.

Bears @ Dolphins: Bears. I like their chances coming off a bye. The Dolphins fast start is becoming a distant memory.

Cardinals @ Vikings: Vikings. Another team that has started slower than fans may have preferred, but they may be warming up.

Colts @ Jets: Jets. They sliced through an underperforming Broncos defense with no problem at all. The Colts are basically as deep as Andrew Luck and the Jets defense has enough to make this one a potentially one-sided affair.

Seahawks @ Raiders: Seahawks. They even up their record at the expense of a Raiders team that is well on its way to a forgettable return for Gruden.

Panthers @ Redskins: Panthers. Just a guess. Not even an educated one.

Rams @ Broncos: Rams. After the way the Jets offense tore through the Broncos, the Rams just may break the scoreboard.

Jaguars @ Cowboys: Jaguars. Defense carries them and offense rebounds just enough.

Ravens @ Titans: Ravens. They are going to need this one with as stout as the AFC North appears at this stage in the season.

Chiefs @ Patriots: Patriots. It's hard to pick against them at home, especially since they've passed the historically slow part of their season. Chiefs offense will keep them in it but their defense will prove a liability.

49ers @ Packers: Packers. We're reaching the point where good teams that had slow starts are likely warming up. I consider the Packers one of those teams. But the North has some stout competition, so the Packers need a win to keep pace.

Good luck everyone in week 6!

Old 10-12-2018, 08:14 AM

939 posts, read 502,486 times
The Giants stunk last year and I didn't see why things would be too much rosier this year. Ben McAdoo shouldn't have gotten the heat he did for benching Eli Manning. Manning and Rothlisberger are the oddest of all quarterbacks I've seen play in the NFL; can catch fire and look like Hall-of-Famers at different junctures of their careers, and then go thru stretches where they look not just total garbage, but look lackluster and act as they would rather be doing anything else other than playing football. The difference at this point is that Eli has been nothing but on the downside for quite a while and it isn't all on the o-line either.
A couple of miracle plays in Super Bowl games will probably be the difference as to why Eli Manning gets into the Hall of Fame. No way he'd have my vote; and nor should have Kurt Warner been in, but quarterbacks aren't evaluated impartially the way other position players are. And Barkley has played just six weeks of football and already epitomizes the reality that great running backs don't matter when it comes to compiling wins/championships; hence why the Dolphins could only negotiate a fourth round pick from the Eagles when they traded Jay Ajayi.
Chiefs-Pats is a great match-up and Steelers-Bengals is probably the only other real attractive game I'd go out of my way to watch in week 6.

Old 10-12-2018, 08:37 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,775,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
The Giants stunk last year and I didn't see why things would be too much rosier this year. Ben McAdoo shouldn't have gotten the heat he did for benching Eli Manning. Manning and Rothlisberger are the oddest of all quarterbacks I've seen play in the NFL; can catch fire and look like Hall-of-Famers at different junctures of their careers, and then go thru stretches where they look not just total garbage, but look lackluster and act as they would rather be doing anything else other than playing football. The difference at this point is that Eli has been nothing but on the downside for quite a while and it isn't all on the o-line either.
A couple of miracle plays in Super Bowl games will probably be the difference as to why Eli Manning gets into the Hall of Fame. No way he'd have my vote; and nor should have Kurt Warner been in, but quarterbacks aren't evaluated impartially the way other position players are. And Barkley has played just six weeks of football and already epitomizes the reality that great running backs don't matter when it comes to compiling wins/championships; hence why the Dolphins could only negotiate a fourth round pick from the Eagles when they traded Jay Ajayi.

Chiefs-Pats is a great match-up and Steelers-Bengals is probably the only other real attractive game I'd go out of my way to watch in week 6.

Me too on both of these games...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football