Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 01:11 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,653,370 times

Advertisements

Alright, folks...Week 6 (This season is really moving along, isnt it?)

Eagles at Giants

Buccaneers at Falcons
Chargers at Browns
Colts at Jets
Seahawks at Raiders
Panthers at Redskins
Bills at Texans
Cardinals at Vikings
Steelers at Bengals
Bears at Dolphins

Rams at Broncos
Ravens at Titans
Jaguars at Cowboys
Chiefs at Patriots

49ers at Packers

Good luck, everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2018, 01:13 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,653,370 times
My picks:

Eagles at Giants

Buccaneers at Falcons
Chargers at Browns
Colts at Jets
Seahawks at Raiders
Panthers at Redskins
Bills at Texans
Cardinals at Vikings
Steelers at Bengals
Bears at Dolphins

Rams at Broncos
Ravens at Titans
Jaguars at Cowboys
Chiefs at Patriots

49ers at Packers

Old 10-09-2018, 03:36 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,045,300 times
Week 5 was another lousy week.
Week 6
Eagles - They BETTER turn it around
Falcons
Panthers
Raiders - Because they're at home
Jets
Vikings
Bengals
Browns - Because they're at home
Texans
Dolphins - Because they're at home
Rams
Titans
Jaguars
Packers
Patriots - Because they're the Patriots and they're at home

Old 10-09-2018, 08:51 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,715,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Alright, folks...Week 6 (This season is really moving along, isnt it?)

Eagles at Giants

Buccaneers at Falcons
Chargers at Browns
Colts at Jets
Seahawks at Raiders
Panthers at Redskins
Bills at Texans
Cardinals at Vikings
Steelers at Bengals
Bears at Dolphins

Rams at Broncos
Ravens at Titans
Jaguars at Cowboys
Chiefs at Patriots

49ers at Packers

Good luck, everyone!
Giants
Falcons
Browns
Jets
Raiders
Panthers
Texans
Vikings
Bengals
Bears
Rams
Ravens
Jaguars
Chiefs
Packers

Old 10-09-2018, 03:59 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,460,398 times
Eagles at Giants-Both teams are underachieving this year and this seems like a must-win for both of them. I'll take the Super Bowl champs in an ugly Thursday Night Football game. I don't think the loss of Jay Ajayi hurts the Eagles that much.

Buccaneers at Falcons-It is with great pleasure that I say Matt Ryan will be the first QB of many this season to smoke a Winston! The Ryan Fitzpatrick Experiment sure didn't last long. He only got to play one half once Winston became eligible. I doubt the Bucs will do any better with this weirdo under center. The problem is every time I pick the Falcons to win, they lose.

Chargers at Browns-I'll bite on the Browns. Before this season, the Browns last win was against the Chargers on December 24th, 2016. I think they'll eke another win here. Those noon (CST) kickoffs for a west coast team travelling across country are tough. Browns D keeps them in every game. The X factor is Mayfield keeping the turnovers down. I bet Browns fans go through a lot of Tums. It seems like they have a close game every week.

Colts at Jets-Jets have been inconsistent so far. They shouldn't be flying high. They need to stay grounded with RBs Crowell and Powell leading the way. Their defense is stout enough to get a couple of turnovers and defeat the suck Luck Colts.

Seahawks at Raiders-I'll take the Gruden Grinder just because I don't like picking the Seahawks on the road.

Panthers at Redskins-Panthers haven't exactly looked great. Giants put up 31 on their supposed great defense. But they're 3-1 and with the Skins woodshed beating last night fresh in mind, I can't pick Wershington.

Bills at Texans-With all due respect to the Bills good defense, I'll take Watson, Watt, and company to get their third win in a row since they're at home.

Cardinals at Vikings-I picked this with much hesitation. The last time the Viqueens had a gimme they wet the bed. Of course I doubt they take any game lightly after the wakeup call they received from Buffalo.

Steelers at Bengals-Usually the Steelers get on a roll and win like 7 or 8 games in a row, but this year's team is different in a lot of ways. There are a lot of distractions with Bell and a new story about Antonio Brown chucking stuff off a balcony? Steelers have a lot of talent, but I expect the Red Rocket to come through again as they cruise to a first-round playoff loss.

Bears at Dolphins-It turns out that 3-0 hot start by Miami was a complete sham and they're exactly who we thought they were. Da Bears continue to impress. If Trubisky continues to go on a tear, watch out for this team.

Rams at Broncos-Once again I'm picking against the Broncos at home. I believe they got off to a hot start last year before dropping 8 in a row and I expect a similar slide this year. Rams bubble will burst eventually, but just not here. I don't think Keenum can exploit the Rams secondary enough to keep up with Goff going off another week. And Gurley should have a field day.

Ravens at Titans-I finally pick the Titans to win a game and they blew it. I remember the Titans when they were terrible and picking their games was easy. I'll take a Ravens team that I'm not particularly high on.

Jaguars at Cowboys-Will the good Blake Bortles please stand up and force Jerry Jones to exit his owner's box and cry to the media after another Cowboys loss? Nothing pleases me more than 100,000 Cowboys fans going home disappointed.

Chiefs at Patriots-Man, what a coin toss. You have Andy Reid on a heater, the wunderkind Patrick Mahomes (who is the NFL's equivalent to Steph Curry), and the dark side of Brady and Belichick. Obviously if this was at KC, I'd take the Chiefs. Arrowhead is Brady's kryptonite. But it's in Foxboro and history tells us that New England wins games like this. What an impressive run the Chiefs have been on though with wins in Denver, Pittsburgh, and against the Jags stellar defense. A loss here could start an infamous Chiefs downward spiral. However, this Mahomes kid is the real deal, and I don't seeing them losing much as long as he stays healthy.

49ers at Packers-A visit from my Niners is just what the Packers need to right the ship. Crosby can miss all his kicks and it won't matter against San Fran who is now indisputably the biggest dumpster fire in the league after losing to the Cardinals.

Last edited by maniac77; 10-09-2018 at 04:50 PM..

Old 10-09-2018, 05:36 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,390,123 times
Giants
Panthers
Vikings
Falcons
Raiders (in London)
Chicago
Rams
Bengals
Jets
Texans
Browns
Cowboys
Ravens
Patriots
Packers

Could anyone honestly could care less about London games? I know I could.

Old 10-10-2018, 02:17 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,609,976 times
Raiders are playing in London, for those picking thinking they are in California.

Eagles
Buccaneers
Panthers
Seahawks
Jets
Vikings
Bengals
Chargers
Texans
Bears
Rams
Ravens
Jaguars
Patriots
Packers

Old 10-10-2018, 09:49 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,600,103 times
Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Giants
Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Atlanta Falcons
Los Angeles Chargers @ Cleveland Browns
Indianapolis Colts @ New York Jets
Seattle Seahawks vs. Oakland Raiders
Carolina Panthers @ Washington Redskins
Buffalo Bills @ Houston Texans
Arizona Cardinals @ Minnesota Vikings
Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cincinnati Bengals
Chicago Bears @ Miami Dolphins
Los Angeles Rams @ Denver Broncos
Baltimore Ravens @ Tennessee Titans
Jacksonville Jaguars @ Dallas Cowboys
Kansas City Chiefs @ New England Patriots
San Francisco 49ers @ Green Bay Packers

9-6 last week
47-29 season

Old 10-10-2018, 10:32 PM

11,237 posts, read 11,014,130 times
Eagles @ Giants (I'm not very confident about this pick)

Will get the rest in later.

Old 10-11-2018, 01:38 AM

9,753 posts, read 7,459,162 times
Last week: 8-7
Overall: 46-30-2

Eagles at Giants. An important game in what is the NFC very Least this year. While the Eagles are suffering the inevitable Super Bowl Hangover, the Giants are going through suckiness. The Eagles can turn it around, while the Giants look like the Titantic heading straight for the iceberg, full steam ahead.

Buccaneers at Falcons. Matt Ryan smokes a Winston.
Chargers at Browns. The dreaded West Coast team playing the 1 PM game in the Eastern time zone. Even though the 2018 Chargers are better than the 2016 Chargers that handed the Browns their only win between the end of the 2015 season and the beginning of the 2018 season, but the 2018 Browns are also better than their '16 counterparts, so I'll bite on the Brownies.
Colts at Jets. if the Jets can manage to beat the Broncos, pretty handily as well, they should be able to beat the Colts, but knowing the Jets watch them lose by 50
Seahawks at Raiders. What did our poor residents of London deserve to get these 2 crap teams thrown their way??
Panthers at Redskins. The Josh Norman bowl.
Bills at Texans. If this was in Buffalo I'd pick the Bills because Allen actually looks good while the Texans haven't recording back-to-back overtime wins against 2 not great teams, but in Houston I think they win.
Cardinals at Vikings. Vikes with a nice road win in Philly maybe have turned their season around.
Steelers at Bengals. Yes, I know the Steelers look like crap, while the Bengals look legit, and I know Tomlin certainly isn't the greatest coach, Ben is probably closer to retirement than being an all-pro QB, and this is the regular season. So, why am, I picking the Steelers?? Easy! It's Mike Tomlin & Ben vs. Marvin "I should have been fired 7 years ago" Lewis and Andy Dalton.
Bears at Dolphins. Why does it seem like this is going to be Broncos/Jets 2.0 from last week where the road team should win, but ends up getting crushed?? Any given Sunday I guess?? Hopefully I'm not quoting this on Sunday night.

Rams at Broncos. Broncos might be able to slow them down, but that offense is slightly better than pathetic and I have a hard time seeing them keep pace, I think the Broncos defense need to hold the Rams to 10 or less.
Ravens at Titans. Ravens bounce back to win.
Jaguars at Cowboys. I look for the Rams to play better this week.
Chiefs at Patriots. I picked the unbeaten Rams on the road last week to lose and they won, so here's hoping I pick the unbeaten Chiefs to lose and they win as well.

49ers at Packers. Woof! What an awful Monday night game!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football