U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 06:11 PM

115 posts, read 25,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
I'm still missing totals for Week 6 for nicholas_n, ditchlights and IXCell. I'm missing totals for Weeks 5 and 6 for poisonwoodbao.
Saw your message just now and I will get this to you. Sorry about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2018, 06:31 PM

6,551 posts, read 4,499,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Broncos over the Cardinals on Thursday. Really a coin flip for me. I'll get the rest of the picks and my week 6 total Calico tomorrow night.
Last week: 12-3
Overall: 58-33-2

Thursday Night
Broncos at Cardinals. Picked last night, noted above.

Sunday
Titans at Chargers. What's more annoying?? The fact that this is the second straight week with a game in London, or that the Giants are somehow making their second straight national TV appearance??
Patriots at Bears. Who remembers the last time these 2 teams played (sometime mid season in 2014 I want to say mid to late October) and the dopey Bears lineman down like 44-7 at the time celebrated a sack on Brady and tore his ACL on the subsequent celebration. What was his name again?? Lance Briggs, something Briggs?? That ring a bell for anyone?? This game should be a lot closer than that game was.
Bills at Colts. I'll take Luck to have some good luck on his side for a change.
Texans at Jaguars. Texans coming off a stretch of playing 3 bad to garbage teams at home and barely won all 3, while that Jags superior defense has taken a complete beating these last 2 weeks. I think Watson and the Texans pull it out late again.
Lions at Dolphins. I just can't pick Brock Osweiller. Plus, the Dolphins in the midst of their annual fall swoon.
Vikings at Jets. Jets with a couple of nice wins, but the Broncos & Colts are 2 completely different animals than the Vikings are who have possibly finally hit their stride.
Panthers at Eagles. Speaking of hitting their stride, let's see if the Eagles can finally start hitting their stride. And yes, for those wondering beating the hapless Giants DOES NOT count.
Browns at Buccaneers. Oh Browns! All you had to do was win last week and I would've had Mayfield smoking a Winston!
Saints at Ravens. Ravens defense not what it was in the Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, peak T-Suggs days, but still good enough to slow Brees and the Saints down and give Flacco and the offense just enough to get the win.
Cowboys at Redskins. Seems like the road team has been winning a lot in this series.
Rams at 49ers. Rams easy.
Bengals at Chiefs. Chiefs at home get a comfortable win.

Monday Night
Giants at Falcons. Giants are a complete dumpster fire right now.

BYE WEEK: Packers, Raiders, Steelers, Seahawks. Raiders & Seahawks are coming back from across the pond so they are out, and Packers needed a late field goal to beat a team lead by CJ Bethard, so they are out to, so by default it's the Squeelers.

Old 10-18-2018, 06:42 PM

5,565 posts, read 3,713,342 times
DEN vs ARZ: I know the game is underway, but honest, I have not tuned in yet. I predict ARZ in the upset. They are at home and have a lot to prove in the NFC West. EDIT: Just tuned in...nevermind. Arizona looks like a last place Pac-12 team tonight so far.

Last edited by pnwguy2; 10-18-2018 at 07:25 PM..

Old 10-18-2018, 07:26 PM

6,778 posts, read 10,182,499 times
What was I thinking taking the Cards?

Old 10-18-2018, 10:02 PM

6,839 posts, read 7,902,841 times
Broncos at Cardinals (Picked earlier while at work under much duress! )
Titans at Chargers
Patriots at Bears
Bills at Colts
Texans at Jaguars
Lions at Dolphins
Vikings at Jets
Panthers at Eagles
Browns at Buccaneers
Saints at Ravens
Cowboys at Redskins
Rams at 49ers
Bengals at Chiefs
Giants at Falcons

Last week: 12-3
Season: 59-32

Old 10-18-2018, 10:32 PM

14,586 posts, read 22,437,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
DEN vs ARZ: I know the game is underway, but honest, I have not tuned in yet. I predict ARZ in the upset. They are at home and have a lot to prove in the NFC West. EDIT: Just tuned in...nevermind. Arizona looks like a last place Pac-12 team tonight so far.
We'll allow the late pick. Don't sweat it.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:29 AM

6,778 posts, read 10,182,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
We'll allow the late pick. Don't sweat it.

Yes, pick accepted.

Old 10-19-2018, 06:13 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,130,959 times
Well... I was hopeful. However, the Colt begins Week 7 at 0-1!

That game was downright ugly! Uglier than I'd hoped for the Cards. It's good to take your lumps once in a while. It keeps us humble, eh?

Moving on to Sunday...

Old 10-19-2018, 07:39 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,861,479 times
Was pleased to see an arrogant rookie QB like Rosen throw not one but 2 pick sixes.

Chad Kelly debut will have to wait.

Old 10-19-2018, 07:47 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,130,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Was pleased to see an arrogant rookie QB like Rosen throw not one but 2 pick sixes.

Chad Kelly debut will have to wait.
If a game like that doesn't humble Rosen, not much will. I was hoping to see Kelly in there, but there will come another time...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or