U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 07:26 AM

1,581 posts, read 985,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
How long is a few years?

For everyone else who gets upset with these kinds of discussions, I don't understand why, they have been happening forever..
Murk, I think this is a cool conversation. I don't think fans are upset when it's brought up.. but I do think it is stupid to compare a QB that strings together a month of good regular season games to a QB who has won multiple Super Bowls.
When pundits make a few games the standard for potential greatness, remember the cautionary tales of Kaepernick and RG3. They we're both supposed to be Steve Young.

One of my favorite moments of sports media stupidity, was when a bloated & deluded Ron Jaworski predicted Kaepernick was on a trajectory to be the greatest QB of all-time. I love it.. (peace)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2018, 08:48 AM

4,214 posts, read 2,836,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Murk, I think this is a cool conversation. I don't think fans are upset when it's brought up.. but I do think it is stupid to compare a QB that strings together a month of good regular season games to a QB who has won multiple Super Bowls.
When pundits make a few games the standard for potential greatness, remember the cautionary tales of Kaepernick and RG3. They we're both supposed to be Steve Young.

One of my favorite moments of sports media stupidity, was when a bloated & deluded Ron Jaworski predicted Kaepernick was on a trajectory to be the greatest QB of all-time. I love it.. (peace)
I remember Jaws saying that lolololol...

I'm not going that far but I do believe, provided he stays healthy, Watson will be the best of the bunch. And I believe all four of these guys could win a Super Bowl...

Old 10-28-2018, 02:33 PM

929 posts, read 297,282 times
I think comparisons more come about as the result of head-to-head competition. Brady-Manning comparisons had some to do with both being very good QBs, but much also was born from the fact that the Patriots and Colts always played one another it seemed, and met three times in the playoffs between the 03 and 06 seasons, including two AFC championships, with either ultimately winning the Super Bowl in all three of those seasons. It was weird, all those years of the Patriots and Baltimore/Indy Colts being in the same division, it was never thought by anyone of being this big rivalry. Of course, some of that stems from neither being good at the same time, except best to my knowledge, the mid-late 70s. Almost the moment the divisions were realigned, it became this big thing.

We'll see if we get some regular big match-ups between teams like KC and Houston and in the post-season, and where the quarterbacks are indeed stars and mainstays. Coaching has become arguably more important than players in this league, and I still think Houston needs to find a coach long term to partner with Watson and maximize his abilities consistently. I know the Texans suddenly are hot, but there is no way in hell I believe that person to be Bill O'Brien.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:57 AM

1,812 posts, read 1,170,241 times
Of the quarterbacks you named, given the caveat that it is way too soon, I will simply ask which one is setting records? Which one seems to be in the best situation, coaching, offense play makers? In my mind its Mahomes and Goff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or